Author Topic: aeseven7's customs *Update 7-24 SA Jango Fett*  (Read 30537 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: SWG Mandalorian Commando *New update March 3*
« Reply #45 on: March 3, 2006, 06:25 PM »
Hey aeseven,

I am *really* loving these, and can't wait to start some of my own. I'll be working on some this weekend, and what great inspiration you've given me!

The paint apps on these are simply wicked, and the guy with the WWII head looks amazing. What a great use for that particular noggin.

I love all the little helmet accoutrements; and hints as to what you're making them out of, or is it all sculpey?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 3, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Ah yes, the joints, lol.

I tried EVERYthing I could think of to keep the joints from rubbing the paint off when I pose them and I finally found a method that worked!

. . .I repaint their joints after i pose them for pics then i never move their joints again!!! lol  But seriously, I sanded them down, and tried keeping the paint as uniform as I could and still couldn't get the paint to stay on after I moved the elbows and knees.  I finally just figured that I'm not the type that likes to move around my customs anyways. . .so they'll just have to be happy being in the pose that they're in. . .forever!

DarthDelicious-For the Black Mando, the two small lights on his helmet is from a GI JOE accessory, I can't remember who its from but I believe it was a COBRA agent.  The larger addition to the helmet was sculpted. . .not too difficult since it just follows the contour of the helmet.  The Orange Mando's was a little more difficult.  The small piece on his right side was the butt of a weapon, the rest was sculpted following the contour of the helmet with some small details added in.  The Red Mando's helmet (which hasn't been completely painted yet) is more basic with just an additional light on the side of the helmet.

Darth Ennis-Thanks for the compliments!  Glad your friend liked them too:)  If he starts customizing, make sure he posts his stuff here for us all to see.  I'd love to see some more Mandalorians:)

As for the female mandalette, as far as looks go it's gonna be VERY similar to the "Mandalorian Wedding" pic thats been floating around and is in an upcoming issue of SW Insider.  I haven't decided if I'm gonna stick with the same paint scheme (Boba Kneecap Yellow) or go with a more 'german infantry' look.  I'll just have to see what kind of Mando personality she takes:)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 3, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Wow, just wow. Need I say anymore? I will anyway. The paint jobs on those mandolorians is just fantastic. Great detail and weathering. Nice use of clone parts as well. You must've gotten really lucky to have been able to aquire so many Vintage Original Trilogy Collection Boba Fetts. Great job!!!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 4, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Dont worry hes already making plans to have me post them for him. As far as the Mandette what are you using as a base fig? IVe got a few ideas but im not sure what to start with.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #49 on: March 4, 2006, 11:05 PM »
Another great bunch of pics I'm really enjoying your take on them and the weathering and paint apps are flawless welld one.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #50 on: March 4, 2006, 11:06 PM »
Since, you are making a female Mando,  I thought I would contribut this pic I found on Wiki for a Reference. http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Image:Mandalorian_wedding.jpg

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 5, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Darth Ennis-

I'm using a Droid Factory Escape Padme as the base since it's the best sculpted female base that I've seen that will work and that doesn't have stupid action features or anything.  Since I used VOTC Fett's for my Mandos, i want to keep the figures looking somewhat SA.

The armor will more than likely all be sculpted, I know the chest will be for sure.  I may see if i can make the shoulder and knee armor from Fett work but we'll see.

Smartypants1635-

Thats the exact reference pic i'm using to make my mandalette.  Lucasfilm skipped me again and so I had to pick up the recent issue of SW Insider that had not only that Mando pic but a few others as well.  :)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 5, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Those are great Mandalorians. I'm using a character in my photonovels that's a mandalorian, and he looks like nothing next to these. The detail is great. :)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #53 on: March 5, 2006, 09:48 PM »
OK wow.  They are all fantastic.  Your painting skills are phenominal and I really like that each Mandalorian has a unique look to him, yet they still look like a "squad" when they are all standing around together. 
I think the one with the kama is my favorite (I think it was your first one), but they all look badass.  You really need to take a few pics of these guys assaulting some Trandoshan outpost or something!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 6, 2006, 11:38 AM »
For mine I was thinking about using a ROTS Luminara. BUt then again that seems to be the body I always use, they were abundant and very well articulated. Sculpting the chest armor is probably the only way to go, BUt as far as other peices of armor have you thought about modifying clone armor peices.

That was the idea I had. especially since I had so many extra shoulder pads lying around. ;D

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
NULL ARC Trooper- Fan Concept
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Finally a new custom!  This time revisiting the whole 'clone' line:)

Well, ever since seeing the Fan-Fiction NULL ARC Trooper a while back, he seemed like an interesting design and I really wanted to make him. I wasn't too keen on the helmet (reminded me too much of Neyo's which I'm still luke-warm on) and so I opted to modify a Clone Pilot's helmet (which I always thought would make a tough looking helmet if repainted.)

I took some liberties on the backpack, but I wanted it to look a little RC-ish, hehe. Hope you all like it.

Ok, yeah I forgot and made this a new topic, lol.  The next two customs I post I'll make sure I put in my "customs" thread so they're easier to find!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 02:14 AM by aeseven7 »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: NULL ARC Trooper- Fan Concept
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2006, 05:59 AM »
Mate awesome custom everything about him looks great and you've done a great job on the paint apps and weathering well done.

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2006, 03:31 PM »
He's very cool and would have made an excellent official figure but Hasbro isn't this creative. I like the light on the helmet and the RC backpack. Well painted as usual.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2006, 06:40 PM »
Thanks guys:)  I don't know why Hasbro doesn't make what is so obvious to me some of the cooler characters in the Prequel Trilogy as far as Clones go.  They SOMEhow missed making Cody in the original ROTS line, and the idea we 'might' get a Neyo, Galactic Marine and Paraj/Fox Trooper is insane.  Irregardless whether they had a lot of screen time or not, tell me one kid who wouldn't look at any of those clones and buy it based on the 'cool' factor alone. . .I know I did as a kid.  In fact, when I was younger I looked for two things when buying a figure:

1-Screen-Accuracy.  Especially with all the Batman related figs.  I found it was pathetic that Kenner could make a million different suits for batman that he didn't use in the movie but it was like pulling teeth to get them to make a version of how he looked in the film.

2-No. . .Action. . .Features!!!!  I HATED them.  When I was playing with my figures, I wanted to be able to have them perform ANY manuever I made up, but if my figure was limited to only being able to do a 'karate kick' then it was no good to me, lol.

Ok well sorry to get a little off-topic, lol. . .just always kind of gets me going thinking why it's so hard for toy companies to make what we want. . .not what they THINK we want.  And I don't buy the "Well kids are the biggest market out there" line either. . .I can't name ONE kid who owns a Star Wars Custom Chopper. . .lol.  So yeah, back to the custom. . .

For those who are interested or don't know already, here's the recipe:

-Base: EVO Gry Clone Commander
-Backpack: RC Scorch (modified)
-Rifle: Clone Wars ARC Trooper
-Chest Strap/Holster: BBI Elite Force
-Left Thigh: Styrene holster, misc equipment
-Right Tigh: Clone Commander Holster/Pistol. Fodder for V. Blade.
-Boots: Apoxie Sculpt mods
-Belt: SA Clone Belt, Padme Disguise pouches (2)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2006, 11:12 PM »
You always make some great stuff... and I know it's supposed to be a type of ARC, but I wish this was more of what the Commandos were supposed to look like.  Your design is much more realistic I think and looks better.  Very well done.

:)