Author Topic: aeseven7's customs *Update 7-24 SA Jango Fett*  (Read 30645 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: aeseven7's customs *Update April 29- Female Mandalorian*
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2006, 03:17 PM »
something completely different, and wonderful work with the sculpting all around.  Keep it up!

Only one tiny, tiny thing... are you going to put flowers in her hair, as in this reference picture?  Would be a nice little touch, methinks... :)

Lol I think accesories are out of the question when blowing holes in your enemies and trying not to get killed your self. LOL

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2006, 03:41 PM »
That's a super custom.  No recommendations, looks phenomenal the way it is.  Got any shots with the helmet on?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 1, 2006, 04:23 PM »
AHHHHHHHH!!!! Its not coming up for me. Ill have to try again later. I really want to see this. I'm having a little trouble with my own right now.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 4, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Just to update I finally got to see it and damn was it worth the wait. You are the man! That is one super figure. Yet another excellent job.

BUW how did you do the stomach part is that sculpted?

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 4, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Thanks EVERYone for the feedback!  I really appreciate all the nice things everyone has said, it means a lot!  She was a lot of fun to make, but not one I would want to do again anytime soon, lol.

To answer a couple of the questions. . .

The gaunlets are Padme's from that Pilot Disguise with pieces of guns, etc glued on.

I considered putting the flowers in her hair but that seemed to be more of a 'Wedding' detail and while I DO plan on making the red-clad Mando standing beside her, I wanted her to look tough and 'battle-ready' next to my other mandos:)

As for the helmet, I opted for a non-functional one.  Since I was sculpting the hair, the helmet would have to be larger than what it actually should be to fit over the hair and I was more intent on keeping the size of the helmet smaller than your average male Mando bucket.

The tummy 'wrap' was sculpted using Apoxie-Sculpt.  The tough part was getting it to be thin enough to look like a wrap but still adding some detail to it.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #80 on: May 5, 2006, 07:33 AM »
female customs adds a lot to SW toys since there are too few hasbro female figs
this mandogirl is awesome, the details on he stomach are very nice
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 5, 2006, 01:11 PM »
What I like is how this figure's head doesn't even look like Padme with that new hair.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 6, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Youre right that head looks nothing like padme.

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: aeseven7's customs *Update 6-28 EPIII Clone Commanders*
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 05:27 AM »
I don't get nearly enough freetime these days because of assorted real-life stuff, but these are some of the projects I've been working on. Some are very close to being finished (little more weathering or small details here n there) while others I'm not quite satisfied with.

Commander Bacara would have to be my favorite clone from EPIII so I decided to get him looking a little more accurate and this is the result. I also replaced his 'thick' antenna on his helmet with a thinner metal one (sort of hard to see in the pics though because i painted it black).

Bly still needs a little more work, but I think he's getting there. First time using Apple Barrel and Americana paints and while the AB held up nicely, the Americana was only so-so.

For Cody, I decided to copy everyone else and swap the lower half of the legs on him so he's slightly taller and is able to stand a little less oddly. I also swapped out his puny head and sculpted on his scar and added a light 'fade' to his hair around each ear since that was one of the small details from the movie that I liked. Also replaced his antenna with a metal one. . would have liked to get a smaller, shorter antenna alongside the larger one but i dunno. . .maybe in time, lol.

The 41st Elite Scout Trooper (or BARC Trooper as i find myself calling it out of habit) was a lot more work, lol. Had to convert the SA VTSC Scout all over for it to work. Swapped heads from the Deluxe BARC Trooper and borrowed his leg pouches and the two lower belt pieces that hang from the smaller straps.

The Shock was basically a custom I had done already, I just decided to use Hasbro's Shock Helmet and weather it a little since it looked better than my original one.

Commander Bacara (Finished)

Commander Cody (Finished)

41st Elite Scout (WIP)

Shock Trooper (Finished)

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 06:03 AM »
Wow! Impressive paint apps mate! I like them a lot!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 06:03 AM by Kit Fisto »
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Paint jobs are friggin cool  8)!!

I really like the way Bacara looks. Did you use a washing technique to get some of his amor lines a bit black? And did his visor get a coat of high gloss?

The BARC looks very good. And you used the right helmet! There are two small, but very important differences with the Biker Scout helmet: 1) the nose piece and 2) the visor. I like the term BARC better as well, by the way. Ever noticed their face mask looks like a dog's snout? Hence, 'Bark' Trooper  ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2006, 09:40 AM »
First rate all the way. I especially like the 41st Elite Scout. I wonder why we never got one of these.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Wow! Just wow! Flawless work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2006, 09:58 AM »
More pics of the Clone on the Bren Derlin stand?

These are all simply amazing. The Shock Trooper looks like a movie still!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Your custom skills are just top notch.  I love the subtle improvements you made on each clone character.  I'm curious, is your shock trooper based on a Hasbro painted Shock or from the clean #41?  I'm guessing its a clean clone.  Also, did you do anything to correct the height of Cody?  From the group shot it looks like you might have.