Author Topic: EpIII Heroes & Villains Collection  (Read 34286 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3 Heroes & Villains Collection (aka Greatest Hits/HOF)
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Pass.  You carded sheep are welcome to all you like :-*

I've more than enough black clone pilots around here.  I couldn't find more than a dozen or so locally though, they weren't quite as plentiful as the shock troopers were :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2006, 04:13 PM »

Thanks!   ;)

The 2006 look has really grown on me (curvy bubble and all) so I have no problem grabbing these.  I pre-ordered my case from New Force ($72 plus shipping).  The 1x each per case is a perfect assortment for me because I just need a carded set since I've already got openers of all 12 of the figures.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I'll probably get some of those Clone Troopers, Destroyer Droids, and a Clone Pilot.  Oh, and a Darth Vader too. (Mine fell off my shelf and broke.  :( )

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2006, 09:27 PM »

Baaaa.

I need to order a case from Newfrorce.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2006, 10:59 PM »
I tell ya, space limitations that made me shift from carded to loose was the best thing that ever happened.  I completely understand why you guys would want these, the cards are great and the bubbles are a nice improvement.  But I don't need them ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I tell ya, space limitations that made me shift from carded to loose was the best thing that ever happened.  I completely understand why you guys would want these, the cards are great and the bubbles are a nice improvement.  But I don't need them ;D

I don't need them either, but the OCD in me will make it so.  I hope I see the light eventually to switch from carded to loose.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2006, 10:52 PM »

A good buddy of mine just did the same thing and he couldn't be happier. I'm leaning toward doing the same, and the UGH is about to push me over the edge.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Eh,alot of thoseare pegwarmers.....but I'm probally going to buy Mac,Clone,Pilot,R2 & Droideka.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Yeah if they're out in abundance, there's some more of many that I'd not mind having.  Clone Troopers and Pilots come to mind.

Honestly, I find I'm the kind of guy that, if I'm in the store and have $5-$7 on me, I'll pick up a figure...  For instance a WM opened right near my girl's place and we're up there allt he time...  They're the only Wal-Mart I have seen with the Japanese and Operation Market Garden military figures I collect...  They're not REALLY interesting areas for me to buy up figures on though, but I find that when I'm in the store I buy a Japanese Infantry guy, or a OMG Rifleman every time I'm there...  They haven't had Star Wars at all there, so I can't buy a Republic Commando, or a Clone of any kind...  Can't even buy a Derlin or Bib Fortuna if I had an inclination to do so, but the military figure analogy is the same to me.

So if I walked in and they have a wall of this HOF wave, I'd pick up a Clone Pilot, sure.  I loved teh black EU pilot, and the grey one too.  I'd buy more troopers...  I'd consider picking up Obi for the customizing potential.

Certain things should just be there to buy...  Stormtroopers for instance.  If the VOTC figure were out there routinely, I guarantee I'd buy one, two, maybe 3 every time I saw them even if they were in massive abundance.  I'd surely do big lay-aways of them too just because they were there and I could.  The military lines I buy have been doing better about things like that, so thus I buy more that way I think.  Their distribution, sadly, surpassed Hasbro this year...  That's a day I didn't think I'd ever see given their horrid distribution in the past and Hasbro generally putting stuff out there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Those cards are really nice. I'll get the Black Clone Pilot, and maybe a few Droidekas and Clones. The rest of them suck though. I pity the carded collectors.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2006, 12:01 AM »
I ordered a case from newforce. Can't beat the price or the ease.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Well, I'm kinda disappointed because of the lame-ass main character repacks, but the fact that they'll re-release the SA trooper and the black pilot kinda balances it out. I just hope these'll be in more abundance than any of the other waves, or else I'll miss this one too.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2006, 05:57 PM »
I ordered a case as well. Works out nice since I am a good little sheep and simply want one of each for my MOC collection. No need to get a second set to open. I did the same thing with the HOF assortment in the previous Saga line.

I'm not surprised really that they did this. EP3 still seems to be doing well toy-wise. I think that's also the reason why they put the UGH with the Coruscant wave - it's the first Saga Collection wave that's focused on EP3 and at least here in NJ is selling better than any previous Saga Collection wave.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2006, 06:05 PM »
This line is good news to me for one reason: it's another chance at the ROTS Chewie! I missed him the first time, and as far as I can tell he looks pretty good with his ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, turning wrist, and ball-joint knees, plus he has a nice bowcaster. Unless the action feature somehow ruins the articulation or something?...

Not that he's any replacement for a VOTC Chewie, but it'd be good to have an ROTS/ANH/ESB-passable version as well.

If I buy him and discover I've accidentally purchased the "Poodoo in Chewbacca Disguise" action figure, at least I got a nice bowcaster out of the deal.

When is this line coming out, though? Someone posted and said "after the Saga waves"?...

For my 2 round pieces of copper that probably don't have wheat on the backside, though, C3PO totally should've been reprinted in this line...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I ordered a case as well. Works out nice since I am a good little sheep and simply want one of each for my MOC collection. No need to get a second set to open. I did the same thing with the HOF assortment in the previous Saga line.

I'm not surprised really that they did this. EP3 still seems to be doing well toy-wise. I think that's also the reason why they put the UGH with the Coruscant wave - it's the first Saga Collection wave that's focused on EP3 and at least here in NJ is selling better than any previous Saga Collection wave.

I think this Greatest Hits wave will flop at retail this time around.  Think about it - the actual movie helped the toys sell last year - that and the attractive price point (which was less than $5 for a good part of the year).

Now we're looking at no movie support and almost a $2 increase in price!  Unreal.  I say ditch the stands and holo figures and give us back $5 figures!