Author Topic: EpIII Heroes & Villains Collection  (Read 34282 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: SAGA2 HOF waves?
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2006, 04:52 AM »
I totally agree the choices on these are curious.  The Grievous really should be the 4 arm version (deluxe or basic), Bacarra should be the Clone Commander or Bly, Anakin should be the KFC version, Obi Wan should be the pilot version (or since he's in the Coruscant wave, why not a Mustafar paint variation on him?) and so on.

The clone should probably be the Tac Ops trooper, and really, this should be an opportunity to get the figs that most of us missed (Holo Plo Koon, etc.).

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
ROTS Greatest Hits Wave on SAGA cards
« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2006, 06:37 AM »

Also dubbed the "Battle of The Pegwarmers" Wave, this fine collection of 12 figures were recovered from Walmarts and KMarts aisle floors, return shopping carts, garbage cans and dumpsters in an attempt to cram yet another wave of figures into the first 5 months of 2006.

It sucks to be a carded collector!

:P
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Greatest Hits Wave on SAGA cards
« Reply #32 on: February 8, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Brilliant, considering that many people were unable to find the final 12 while these were to be found in abundance. Although I can understand Hasbro's reasoning in releasing these kid friendly figures, I cannot help but be miffed that they've shafted us again.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2006, 06:43 AM »
Ithorian, I merged yours with the one we were already fuming in over some of those choices...

Still, I dig the Clones, I'll likely buy more of both if these are abundant, but I'm a sucker for Clones, what can I say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 8, 2006, 08:56 AM »
I really don't understand why they won't repack the Red Shocktrooper and Blue Tactical Ops Trooper?  Unless they are going to repaint the SA troopers instead.  As long as they are doing this HOF series I would have thought those 2 would be prime choices. 

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 8, 2006, 09:14 AM »
What a retarded thing this is.  I think we can all agree that these 12 figures were available in much greater quantities on the pegs than some others.  Mace Windu is one of the ROTS "Greatest figures"?  LOL.  Sure thing Hasbro.  Greatest peg warmer maybe.  Or greatest piece of crap.

Here's the 12 I'd like to see repacked:

501st clone
Red shock clone
Clone 41
Battle Droid
Preview Wookiee Warrior
AT-TE tank gunner
Red Royal Guard
Blue Senate Guard
Some brand of Anakin
Some brand of Obi Wan
Some brand of Grievous
Some brand of Vader

Luckily this is coming out at the end of the SAGA waves and I won't have any money left if all goes well anyhow  :D
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 8, 2006, 09:40 AM »
 ???

I don't know what else to say. I could care less since I already have them, but, it does seem some better figures could have been chosen.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 8, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Weird... there are some decent selections in here but for the most part I think this is a bad decision, but that's based on the figures they selected.  Nothing wrong with it if the repacks made better sense. 

Vader - don't agree with it, but Vader sells
Anakin - dumb... isn't that one coming out already again with a cloak?
Yoda - dumb
Bacara - no problem here
SA Clone - good choice
Clone pilot - no problem here
Chewbacca - don't agree with it, but I think it will sell ok
Obi Wan - why this sculpt?  why not the pilot version?
Greivous - bad choice I think, but Grievous sells ok
Windu - ha ha... dumb
R2D2 - dumb
Destroyer - why not a regular Battle Droid instead?

I think that they could do good with this idea, and I remember some people saying they won't do any sort of HOF assortment.  Wrong!  But it could have been good, unfortunately they missed the boat.

Aren't these all Collection One figures too?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Greatest Hits
« Reply #38 on: February 8, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Hasbro's relasing some of the RotS figs as "Greatest Hits", among them, peg warmer Clone Pilot, Anakin #2, Vader (don't we Vader in TSC already??), Destroyer Droid, Yoda, and others. At least they have the #41 for all you customizers. But there are other figs that I think would be better for their "Greatest Hits."

I guess I have to thank hasbro for re-releasing these 10 or 12 figures. That saves me quite a bit of dough.

See front page for me details.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2006, 11:13 AM by Darth Vlad »

Online Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 8, 2006, 11:12 AM »
It's all crap and as a loose collector I'd ignore it all if I could, but it will block up the pegs.  I hope it will come in only as much as the previous HOF stuff did, one case per store. 

If they had to release HOF stuff, here's what they should have done:

1. 1-4 - General Grevious
2. III-06 Clone Trooper red shock variant
3. III-03 Yoda
4. III-05 Chewbacca
5. III-11 Darth Vader
6.  III-23 Royal Guard
7.  III-48 R2-D2 (Electronic)
8.  III-50 Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar
9.  III-57 Commander Bly
10. III-55 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader Pilot)
11. III-59 Commander Gree
12. III-65 Tactical Ops Trooper

Yeah, it's laden with army builders, but it has those kiddie favorite basics too - Vader, Yoda, Chewie, R2, Anakin and Obi.  You could have dropped in 3PO instead of one of the clones too, as a basic figure. 

Whatever. ::)

Just to add by edit, using Brian's comment below, an evolutions Anakin would have been super.  But really, look at the figures they selected - cheap, cheap and cheap versions
« Last Edit: February 8, 2006, 11:44 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 8, 2006, 11:41 AM »
I like your lineup better too Brent.  Since I'm not a carded collector, I'll likely skip most or all of these, so it doesn't bother me too much.  Clones are always welcome, and I'm sure several others from this wave will look pretty spiffy on the TSC cardbacks.  I might pick up a Chewie to leave carded just for that reason.  Otherwise though, the choices do seem a little bit odd.  If these figures are going to really be labeled "Hall of Fame" or something like that, they could use more "HOF" worthy sculpts.  Even though we've seen plenty of him for the most part now, the Obi-Wan Pilot is the standard for ROTS Obi at this point, and the same can be said for the Evolutions Anakin.  The SA clone is welcome, in various paint schemes, and they just as well include other clones as well (Bly, Gree, etc.).  Lots of these seem like strange choices though, hopefully they'll ship lightly so they're not clogging up the pegs and holding back the regular TSC waves.  Please don't let these hit at the same time as the Tatooine/Mos Eisley figures.  That's a wave I'm really looking forward to, and probably getting most/all of that wave, and I'd hate to see pegs full of these chuckers instead ;).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Hits
« Reply #41 on: February 8, 2006, 12:11 PM »
Yeah, it seems like a weird selection.  We already were discussing this in another thread (dubbed HOF) so I should probably change the title of that thread to avoid confusion.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SAGA2 HOF waves? (GREATEST HITS WAVE)
« Reply #42 on: February 8, 2006, 12:15 PM »
It's weird though, I'm sure kids will love this wave and it's good to have some core characters available... but who knows.  And of course there are the carded completists...

;)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 8, 2006, 12:44 PM »
I noticed the case is Wave 1; makes me wonder if these #'s fall in line with the TSC or will they have their own numbers. I hope they have their own numbers because I don't want to buy Hasbro's pegwarmers from last year again >:(.

If they have their own numbers I'm passing- Looked at wave 1 case ass. and 9 of the 12 pegwarmed here, especially after the final 12 kicked off. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 8, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Yeah, it seems like a weird selection.  We already were discussing this in another thread (dubbed HOF) so I should probably change the title of that thread to avoid confusion.

I thought of that too, Chewie, after putting this up. Sorry 'bout that...