Author Topic: EpIII Heroes & Villains Collection  (Read 34289 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: SAGA2 HOF waves? (GREATEST HITS WAVE)
« Reply #45 on: February 8, 2006, 02:10 PM »
this wave should be called "greatest *****"...

Hasbro... why not give us "the shocker", throw a few Neimoidian Warriors in there and slap our grandmas

This wave sucks.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Hits
« Reply #46 on: February 8, 2006, 02:37 PM »
No reason in the world to apologize!   8)

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 8, 2006, 05:31 PM »
It's all crap and as a loose collector I'd ignore it all if I could, but it will block up the pegs.  I hope it will come in only as much as the previous HOF stuff did, one case per store. 

If they had to release HOF stuff, here's what they should have done:

1. 1-4 - General Grevious
2. III-06 Clone Trooper red shock variant
3. III-03 Yoda
4. III-05 Chewbacca
5. III-11 Darth Vader
6.  III-23 Royal Guard
7.  III-48 R2-D2 (Electronic)
8.  III-50 Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar
9.  III-57 Commander Bly
10. III-55 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader Pilot)
11. III-59 Commander Gree
12. III-65 Tactical Ops Trooper

Yeah, it's laden with army builders, but it has those kiddie favorite basics too - Vader, Yoda, Chewie, R2, Anakin and Obi.  You could have dropped in 3PO instead of one of the clones too, as a basic figure. 

Whatever. ::)

Just to add by edit, using Brian's comment below, an evolutions Anakin would have been super. But really, look at the figures they selected - cheap, cheap and cheap versions

This list is about as good as you can get.

I might substitute the regular white #41 clone for Gree. 

Hasbro is adding even more fuel to the fire by re-releasing these on TSC cards...ohh, how I love the new TSC cards...

But I really don't understand this assortment/sku - a lot of these figures will be available in the standard TSC line (Yoda, clones, Obi-Wan, R2, etc.).

Is this a placeholder sku?

Will these be part of the numbered series of TSC figures?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 8, 2006, 05:33 PM »
This wave is lame, but I'll be getting some more Droidekas, Clone Pilots, and SA Clones.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: SAGA2 HOF waves?
« Reply #49 on: February 8, 2006, 06:53 PM »

Weird... there are some decent selections in here but for the most part I think this is a bad decision, but that's based on the figures they selected.  Nothing wrong with it if the repacks made better sense. 

I think that they could do good with this idea, and I remember some people saying they won't do any sort of HOF assortment.  Wrong!  But it could have been good, unfortunately they missed the boat.

Aren't these all Collection One figures too?

:P

I agree with your sentiments, Chewie, and with everone else's. This wave is the "jump the shark" wave of the year. They're re-releasing figures we all could buy last year without much of a probably, and most of the choices of their so-called "Greatest Hits" were peg-warmers. I wonder where Hasbro thinks that these were the greatest of the RotS wave. There were tons a lot better than these. The only ones I can think of that fit with the theme is Vader and the SA clone.

I believe that the #2 Anakin is going to be the Cantina Han of the prequels and may even surpass Mr. Solo's record!! How many reincarnations has it been now for Ani?? At least four within a year?? *shakes head in disappointment* I guess I will be saving some money when this wave hits.

Perhaps this wave should be call Greatest Misses instead. ::)
« Last Edit: February 8, 2006, 09:24 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 8, 2006, 07:47 PM »
A greatest hits line seems like a good idea, and then they unveil the poor choices for it.  It should be a line focused on figures that were short-packed or army builders.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 8, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Maybe they'll be smart with this (if they continue past wave 1) with a rerelease of the final 12.
I remember my dream now.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #52 on: February 8, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Lat year's peg warmers? I don't remember seeing any (maybe the clone pilot) warm pegs.  This is a great assortmeny for kids and new collectors.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 8, 2006, 08:23 PM »
These are all the pegwarmers from LA County, minus the Nemoidian Guard.

Can't wait. ::) Greatest Hits my ass. >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 8, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I might substitute the regular white #41 clone for Gree. 

I had it in there initially as well, but took it out to fit in the royal guard I think, or maybe one of the "kid desired" figures.  It certainly could be there and would sell well and could be subbed in for any of the listed clones.  I just recalled that lots of people had trouble with Bly/Gree/Shock/Tac Ops troopers moreso than the #41. 

Honestly I'm not at all sure why they don't make a case of the following:

III-06 Clone Trooper shock x1
III-23 Royal Guard red x1
III-23 Royal Guard blue x1
III-33 Clone Commander red x1
III-33 Clone Commander green x1
III-34 Clone Pilot white x1
III-34 Clone Pilot black x1
III-38 AT-TE Gunner x1
III-41 Clone Trooper x1
III-57 Commander Bly x1
III-59 Commander Gree x1
III-65 Tactical Ops Trooper x1

Where's the difficulty in seeing this as a viable assortment?  An all ROTS army builder assortment.  The clone pilots would be the dogs of it, but they'd still sell eventually.  Or how about this to eliminate any peg warming ('cept maybe the guards but even those will go fast):

III-06 Clone Trooper shock x2
III-41 Clone Trooper x1
III-57 Commander Bly x2
III-59 Commander Gree x2
III-65 Tactical Ops Trooper x2

How does anyone lose on this? 

Retailers won't buy it?  bull****.  Kids won't like it?  bull****.  Collectors won't like it?  bull****. 

Put 'em out on TSC cards and people will genuinely go ape****.  Kids would finally have access to the damn figures. Collectors would get awesome cardbacks for the most popular figures.  Army builders would get re-releases of figures they want to build armies with at a decent price ( and you know Hasbro and the retailers are loving the slightly higher pricepoint). 

Release your new clones in the new assortments.  Keep 'em coming.  Sub in the Utapau, Cody and Fire clones later on for the Royal Guards and pilots.  Watch what happens with this case, you've got reps in the field.  Figure out what figures are dogging it down the road and then throw in newer clones that you released in limited fashion in newer waves.  Let them be hot for a while, then cool the market. 

Is it really that hard to figure out?

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #55 on: February 8, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I think Hasbro isn't going to issue many Clones this year, mostly because they want to keep the interest at a fever pitch until the TV series starts. Why else would Scorch and the Utapau Clone be at 1x per case in the cases most likely to reach retail?

Again, this is just my opinion, but I think that's why a case full of proven winners like Morgbug posted above isn't in every store nationwide.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 9, 2006, 02:23 AM »
I was just thinking...

This case, if it ships in quantity at all which I wager it does, should act as a pretty good gauge of how dead or alive the current "interest" outside hardcore collectors is for the Star Wars brand... 

If these pegwarm, I think it's a safe bet that Hasbro should really start rethinking about how many people they actually "hooked" into this line.  If they move ok though maybe there's still enough young blood in it carrying over from '05 or some such.  Hard to say but this'll be interesting to watch I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 9, 2006, 03:44 AM »
Why is Hasbro even bothering with this?  I know,  I know it's for the almighty dollar. ::)

I would agree with it,  like everyone else,   if they would replace the lame re packaged figures with the harder to find figures and army builders.  How about the Utapau Shadow Trooper?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 9, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Honestly I'm not at all sure why they don't make a case of the following:

III-06 Clone Trooper shock x1
III-33 Clone Commander red x1
III-33 Clone Commander green x1
III-34 Clone Pilot white x1
III-38 AT-TE Gunner x1
III-41 Clone Trooper x1
III-57 Commander Bly x1
III-59 Commander Gree x1
III-65 Tactical Ops Trooper x1

Where's the difficulty in seeing this as a viable assortment?  An all ROTS army builder assortment.  The clone pilots would be the dogs of it, but they'd still sell eventually.  Or how about this to eliminate any peg warming ('cept maybe the guards but even those will go fast):

III-06 Clone Trooper shock x2
III-41 Clone Trooper x1
III-57 Commander Bly x2
III-59 Commander Gree x2
III-65 Tactical Ops Trooper x2

How does anyone lose on this?

Retailers won't buy it?  bull****.  Kids won't like it?  bull****.  Collectors won't like it?  bull****.

Put 'em out on TSC cards and people will genuinely go ape****.  Kids would finally have access to the damn figures. Collectors would get awesome cardbacks for the most popular figures.  Army builders would get re-releases of figures they want to build armies with at a decent price ( and you know Hasbro and the retailers are loving the slightly higher pricepoint).

Great post Brent.  I never understand why we haven't seen anything like this either, it seems to make so much sense for everyone involved.  Hasbro and retailers will make money, it will sell.  Kids can get a hold of "cool" characters, collectors can pick them up on the spiffy TSC cardbacks or to army build, and nothing will likely pegwarm from an assortment like this.  I don't understand why they won't do something like this.  Same could be said for OT-based assortments.  Create a SA Snowtrooper, and release the VOTC Stormie, a SA Snowtrooper, the upcoming VTSC Scout, and maybe others like the Saga TIE Pilot, Evolutions Sandtrooper, etc.   You could create a whole assortment for OT army builders as well, which I'd like to see.  Of course, a lot of them (Snowtroopers, any Rebel troopers) probably need new, SA sculpts before they could/should do something like this, but it would be nice to see.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 9, 2006, 09:59 PM »
This HAS to be a Joke from Hasbro rite?  :'(