Author Topic: EpIII Heroes & Villains Collection  (Read 34449 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: EpIII Heroes & Villains Collection (Greatest Hits)
« Reply #120 on: May 2, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Do they at least come with Holo figures?

I wonder the same thing - do these come with the holos?

Yeah they are still there. They need something worthless in there so they can still claim that the $7 pricepoint is justified. ::)

;)
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: May 2, 2006, 12:59 PM »
And for those who don't like reading answers...

From Jared's Pictures:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3 Heroes & Villains Collection (aka Greatest Hits/HOF)
« Reply #122 on: May 4, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Yes.

3.75" RotS Hits Figures:  087-06-1675

Good, fodder for telling people that UGH ain't over. You know how they are, this new wave is shipping, so people are crying and panicking that it's a sign that they'll never see UGH on the pegs again. ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 5, 2006, 03:22 PM »
More money for me to save for other SW items is the way I view most of these repacks.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: May 5, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Sith Eyes Variant of the Evo Anakin...  How smoothly would that figure flow out the door, honestly?  I'd go nuts if they made that actually.  :( 

I'm disappointed we don't see more SA sculpts put out in circulation when they exist.  They put out Obi's, so put out ANakin's too.

Hell put out Obi and Ani's SA figures with "burns" on their outfits and smudges and stuff for a Mustafar variant of both.  WOuld you not rebuy those figures just for that?  I would...  I'd love that.  :-\  I'd buy that Evolution Anakin 2 more times just like that then.  One Mustafar variant, and one clean for JTA Anakin...

Of course, the fear I'd have then is that they wouldn't get good distribution and they'd be a pain to find.  Very possible outcome with this being a wholely separate line and all.

I'm in on some of the Clones, even the Commander (they sold well here till the green one saturated the market completely).  If you're re-releasing a COmmander though at all, why not the correct paint Bly?  That's a bitch to find.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 5, 2006, 07:05 PM »
To simplify the arguement at a glance from someone who hasn't even been keeping up with this subject...

This line of thought/production is like a TV Show, they're making new figures and then breaking for a long time for "reruns" from last year. The difference is that there's no excuse for this but sheer cheapness.

;)

I mean, sure, I'm glad they're rereleasing a few things that people actually liked and wanted more of and didn't suck... clones, Pilot Gear Obi Wan (but then again, why? Why don't they just repack the Coruscant wave one more instead of printing his stupid plastic cape?? So on second thought that repack sucks), Kit Fisto, Dooku... but they're rereleasing a ton of action-feature laden figures no one liked much the first time, some of which were just reprinted with minor improvements- now being reprinted without the improvements. Why?

The more one thinks about it, the worse the idea gets, really :/
« Last Edit: May 5, 2006, 07:29 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 6, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Found two cases today at Walmart.  Picked up the 3 Clones.  The cardbacks make it tough not to buy for me.  The figs look so much better with the SAGA2 card design.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Spotted these at TRU today. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2006, 11:10 PM »
I'll give a big hug to anyone that can find me a Darth Vader with Vader holo (plus cost and shipping too ;)).

I am confused, how is the numbering on the inserts of the HV wave figures going to work after the first 12?

Yeah, me too.  Since the first wave is actually numbered x of 12, will they simply reship figures from that wave on the same cards and add a few more "numbers" to the total?  Makes you wonder if Hasbro even decided to do wave 2 before they designed the cards for wave 1.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2006, 11:03 PM »
So, I was out at one of the local Targets tonight and it was jam packed full of the first wave of these figures.

$6.64 plus tax, which is a bit cheaper than the $6.99 that TRU has been charging around here...

They left only one peg with the regular basic figure DPCI # (087-06-0576) label and that peg was full of the pegwarmers (Bib, Boushh, Gummi-Adi-Mundi).  The other 7 basic figure pegs were all relabeled with this Ep3 Hits wave DPCI # (087-06-1675) label.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Just curious if the clone pilot is available in both colors or just the black one?  I got my case today and it had the black one.  Anybody seen the grey one or was that just a mistake of early artwork on websites?  Thanks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Pretty sure that only the black one is shipping.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Got notification that my case is shipping from NF. This first wave was perfect in that it's 12 of 12. I'm dreading the other two waves where I'll actually have to go to the store to get a full set without getting extra's.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2006, 11:00 AM »
I saw these (well, actually one) for the first time in town last Friday at TRU.  They had one hanging on the peg - a Chewie - and I decidd to pick it up.  The cardbacks are pretty spiffy, and I usually try to pick up extra Hans or Chewies to leave carded.  I haven't seen any others yet though, at any store in town.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2006, 01:12 PM »
why when i went to Target on friday I saw some of these again but they scanned at $6.99 while the other waves they had on the pegs were $5.89?  There was even 2 different peg tags where they were hanging.  Anybody else seeing this?  Are we being set up for another price hike?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge