Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133559 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Kansas is also where Exclusive Wal-Mart Marvel Legends were found, those too were not supposed to be out for like 3-4 months

That was chalked up to someone shipping a few pallates of toys to a sales meeting which were then put out for sale by mistake, I'm guessing these were part of that shipment as well

(From Jesse Falcon at ToyBiz)

Ok I wanted to check with out HK office before I posted this because I saw the images of the W-M wave last night on line and the person who posted states that they were found in the states. Apparently there was a sales meeting where 1 pallet (or) 5 of what's referred to as a PDQ were rushed to make this sales meeting and were not intended to be turned around to be sold at retail! I'm Not sure why this was done but that very limited amount of product is now at retail in that one state and probably at that one store.

What's really frustrating is that this lines not in production yet and that product that was rushed together ONLY for that sales meeting and does not represent the final working product. The deco articulation and function and fit of the product is NOT finished.

You will all see the FINAL product and much more on Sunday.

Best,

Jesse Falcon

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Yippee-ki-yay, Mister Falcon.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2006, 12:34 AM »
So, now that all the dust has settled on this find and the info is coming together, I guess it really is a case of some Wal-Mart in the middle of no-where screwing up.

Let's see if I have this down correctly...

First, a bunch of product was shipped to some big Wal-Mart buyers to-do event.  This included Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Marvel Legends, and more.  Then, once the meeting was over, Wal-Mart screwed up by just sending the products to a store to sell when they were supposed to send the stuff back to the manufacturers or something.  As a result, some vTSC figures and some Marvel Legends and some other stuff that won't be out for months made it's way into the hands of comsumers.

Sounds to me like a total fluke where whatever higher power you believe in was just rewarding the poor bastards who have to live in Wicita/Kansas...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2006, 01:27 AM »
I can foresee thousands of collectors starting to make yearly trips to Kansas every February and combing through every WM in the state looking for toys that aren't supposed to be out yet.

Pilgrimage for geeks.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Kind of odd that this product showing up almost beat the pics showing up.  Wouldn't it have been funny if the first we saw of these figures was not the preview photos from Toy Fair, but instead the first image being the purchased product with the receipt from Kansas?  That almost happened.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:22 AM by Clone On Fire »
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I officialy stand corrected as well. After seeing that recipt and reading the core planets saga, it all seemed plausable. I'm also glad that these were a fluke and that they are still two months away.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:44 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Pilgrimage for geeks.

Isn't that what Star Wars Celebration is?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What Next?
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Taking into consideration the figures we got in the initial run of VOTC, and with what is coming in 2006 with the first (only?) wave of VTSC figures, which figures would you like to see done next in this line?  Sticking to the "only done in the vintage line" rule, how would your next wave or waves be made up?  Here's what we've gotten so far:

Star Wars
Luke Skywalker (2004)
Princess Leia Organa (2004)
Han Solo (2004)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (2004)
Tusken Raider/Sandpeople (2006)
Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot (2006)
Greedo (2006)

The Empire Strikes Back
Lando Calrissian (2004)
Yoda (2004)
Darth Vader (2004)
C-3PO (2004)

Return of the Jedi
Chewbacca (2004)
Stormtrooper (2004)
R2-D2 (2004)
Boba Fett (2004)
Han Solo: Trenchcoat (2006)
Biker Scout (2006)

With those out of the way, and continuing the "vintage line" tradition, there are a lot of options still available.  I'd probably go with an ESB wave, since we aren't getting one in the first batch this year, and stick with figures that really need the all-out, SA treatment.

Hypothetical - The Empire Strikes Back
Han Solo - Hoth
Snowtrooper
Rebel Soldier - Hoth

I have trouble with another slot, likely to be filled by either Han Solo - Bespin, Luke Skywalker - Hoth, or Luke - Bespin.  All three have fairly nice figures made in previous lines, but could probably still be improved up on a little, even with some elbow/knee articulation additions.  Aside from that, looking at the vintage ESB lineup, many figures (AT-AT Driver, Bossk, Dengar, FX-7, Lando, Lobot, etc.) already have pretty good basic versions and others (2-1B, Bespin Guard, 4-LOM) could probably be covered in the "regular" basic line.  Other candidates would be Leia - Hoth, Ugnaughts, or Zuckuss.  If I go beyond ESB, there are still great options from the other movies as well.

Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)
Luke Skywalker - Endor (POTF)
Leia Organa - Endor (ROTJ)
The Emperor (ROTJ)
Endor Rebel Soldier (ROTJ)
Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper (POTF)

The list can go on and on, but I'd like to see main characters and army builders get this treatment first and foremost.  Looking over the figures we've gotten over the past 2 years or so, combined with what was made in the vintage line and going with the rumor we heard at one time of the "entire vintage line getting the VOTC treatment", I can see that we might get there.  Between some very nice figures in the OTC and TSC lines, along with these VOTC/VTSC figures, we're getting quite a few of them covered in newly sculpted, nicely articulated versions.  Just using the first 21 vintage figures as an example, we'll have had 16 or so of them get all new versions in the past 2 years.  Anyways...long post, but the questions is, what would you like to see next?

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Star Wars

Walrus Man
Death Squad Commander
Jawa

The Empire Strikes Back

Han Solo- Bespin Fatigues
Snowtrooper- Soft Goods Skirt
Luke Skywalker- Bespin Fatigues

Return of the Jedi

Princess Leia- Endor Fatigues
Emperor Palpatine
Luke Skywalker- Death Star Duel

The Power of the Force

Luke Skywalker- Endor Fatigues
Luke Skywalker- Stormtrooper Disguise
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Next Potential wave- late 2006
Empire Strikes Back
Han Solo(Hoth Gear)
Leia Organa (Hoth)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth)
Five figures to go with the early 2006 wave

Future Waves
ANH
Jawa
Death Squad Commander

ESB
Luke Skywalker (Hoth Gear)
Han Solo(Bespin)
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
Rebal Soldier(Hoth)
TIE Fighter Pilot
Bespin Guard

ROTJ
Leia in Endor Poncho
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
The Emperor
Rebel Soldier(Endor)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2006, 05:06 PM »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2006, 05:27 PM »
That Scout looks unbelieveable... and the Tusken looks great now too...

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Wow, the Biker Scout looks awesome - too bad he won't be on the pegs long enough for me to find one!

The Tusken Raider looks better - but I bet he still looks "poofy" with his arms down.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Do my eyes deceive me or is that a mid-torso joint on Han (Endor)...  :o

Wow.  I think Han is still my favorite of the bunch followed by that Biker Scout.  Still not sure on the robe on that Tusken or why they needed to do Greedo, but the others - Han, Luke, Scout - look fantastic!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Gadzooks! That Tusken looks awesome now that we can see the figure itself. So there is at least one position where the cloak doesn't suck. :P
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)