Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134010 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #465 on: April 24, 2006, 09:29 AM »
For kicks and giggles, what's KB selling these for?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #466 on: April 24, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Here's a question -

Has anyone found Heat-Sealed VTSC figures at a store other than Target?  

I keep hearing from various sources that Target specifically requested the "heat-sealed" figures from Hasbro for "asset protection" reasons.  The thinking was that they would see less fraudulent returns and store theft (ripping the figures from the case in the store).

I also heard that this is why the Target VTSC cases actually say "Target Stores" on the box since they were made specifically for Target.  If this is true then the "Heat-Sealed" Variants will be pseudo Target exculsives.

I keep seeing folks say they found the taped versions at TRU and Wal-Mart, but has anyone actually found any Heat-Sealed at those stores? 

If the heat-sealed figures have showed up at other stores, then I can put this theory to rest and just ignore it, but I'm sure getting a lot of "tips" that say this theory is true (and some even say the heat-seals are why Target is charging more  :-\).

Thanks!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 24, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I was fortunate enough to find 3 VTSC figures at TRU last week (Han, Luke, and Greedo) and they were all tape sealed.  They were the only ones there, and I haven't seen them since (I think they might have been put out the day before actually).  Also, we went to the Target across town from us this weekend - and this one still has the scanners you can type in the DCPIs.  So, I type in the VTSC DCPI number, and it says "In Aisle: N/A, In Stockroom: Yes".  So, after we check out with a couple of things I decide to stop by customer service and ask if they can look up this number, if they have any in the store or stockroom.  The girl working says sure no problem, and then looks it up, reads her screen for awhile and says "no, we don't have any in the store at all and I checked other area stores and no one in the area has them".  Seemed kind of fishy to me, but I wasn't going to push it.  Hopefully they'll all be out here in a week or so, and easier to find.  It seems like there are more reports of these showing up at Wal-Mart now too, might have to make a run there soon.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 24, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Finally scored my first VTSC.  happily/luckily it was a scout and the only one left.  i have yet to see these at any store, i was able to score mine at disneyland.  greedo/han/tusken warmed the pegs while i saw 1 kid with the only luke and i scored the last scout.  these were tape sealed by the way.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #469 on: April 24, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Here's a question -

Has anyone found Heat-Sealed VTSC figures at a store other than Target?  

I keep hearing from various sources that Target specifically requested the "heat-sealed" figures from Hasbro for "asset protection" reasons.  The thinking was that they would see less fraudulent returns and store theft (ripping the figures from the case in the store).

I also heard that this is why the Target VTSC cases actually say "Target Stores" on the box since they were made specifically for Target.  If this is true then the "Heat-Sealed" Variants will be pseudo Target exculsives.

I keep seeing folks say they found the taped versions at TRU and Wal-Mart, but has anyone actually found any Heat-Sealed at those stores? 

If the heat-sealed figures have showed up at other stores, then I can put this theory to rest and just ignore it, but I'm sure getting a lot of "tips" that say this theory is true (and some even say the heat-seals are why Target is charging more  :-\).

Thanks!

Jeff, that's not a bad theory. A good way to test it would be to see what type of clamshell the Grievous exclusive gets. Since Target tends to be the only brick & mortar that gets exclusives with clamshells, it would make sense for them to want to protect against figure swapping. Granted then that gives them justification to bump up the costs, which hurts the honest buyers.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 24, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Hmm, it does makes sense in theory.  Although every single VTSC figure should be heat-sealed.

Offline Nooker21

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2006, 02:03 PM »
The first VTSC figures I saw in person were at a Wal Mart...and they were all heat sealed...I have yet to see the taped version, but I'm still looking...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Wow, I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this - the current Luke in X-Wing garb is being shipped with Darth Vader's VOTC lightsaber.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:13 PM by ruiner »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2006, 02:18 PM »
You had to bring that up didn't you?  Now the griping will commence :( 

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Wow, I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this - the current Luke in X-Wing garb is being shipped with Darth Vader's VOTC lightsaber.

I noticed it shortly after I opened mine.  I've been discussing it on some other boards, albeit briefly.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #475 on: April 24, 2006, 02:28 PM »

I thought we knew that a long, long time ago...  ???

Hold on a minute, what the hell hilt is that with Luke that is rubbered to his waist? It sure looks like a Vader saber to me, what's the deal Bill McNeal???? Could Hasbro have F'ed the pooch again? Nah... Never.  ::)

that's the problem with the super-large threads, stuff tends to get lost after a while...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Jeff, that's not a bad theory. A good way to test it would be to see what type of clamshell the Grievous exclusive gets. Since Target tends to be the only brick & mortar that gets exclusives with clamshells, it would make sense for them to want to protect against figure swapping. Granted then that gives them justification to bump up the costs, which hurts the honest buyers.

The Target Grievous has a taped sealed clamshell...

JD 's Target Grievous Image
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:43 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2006, 03:04 PM »
My bad Jeff - it's difficult to track something down out of thirty one pages!

:D

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2006, 04:58 PM »
For kicks and giggles, what's KB selling these for?

$11.99

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2006, 05:36 PM »

The Target Grievous has a taped sealed clamshell...

JD 's Target Grievous Image

well there goes that idea, although I wouldn't be surprised that Target requested special clamshells just because they get a lot of those types of figures.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot