Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133540 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: 2006 VOTC
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2006, 01:25 PM »
I hope we get some pics soon ... I wanna see the SA Tusken Raider.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2006, 12:05 AM »
I wanna see all of them but Greedo honestly. :)  Han, and Scout are probably highest on my lsit but the Tusken would be a close 3rd... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I wanna see all of them but Greedo honestly. :) 

Greedo hater!  Doun't u no thet Greedo wuz the man, d00d!!1!!   >:(

(that was just for you Jesse since I know how much you enjoy that...  ;) :P)

Anyway, I find my self think more and more about these...  I can't wait to see them and it's starting to cause some really high expecatations I am worried I won't see fufilled.

Luke - I'd love a properly scaled Luke with all the bells and whistles of Duth Vandar, including a scaled helmet with chin-strap.

Greedo - he better be dang impressive to out do the previous CT version (which was actually pretty good).  I'm hearing he might end up with a SoftGoods vest... not sure how I feel about that.

Tusken - man, this has the potential to be the best of the bunch. Gaffi stick, sniper rifle, SG robe/wrap... could be amazing if done right.

Scout Trooper - same as the Tusken.  He could be phenominal if he turns out all jointed up like the Stormie was.

Endor Han - heck, even if it's just the vOTC Han with a new head, proper color pants and new trenchcoat, I'll still love him!  That vOTC Han was so good, they can't really improve on it much anyway...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 1, 2006, 12:24 PM »
I hear ya Jeff, I keep finding myself looking forward to these more and more.  Probably my most anticipated release of the year, if these turn out to be true.  It is starting to look more and more like they will be released though, and that's great.  The Endor Han and Biker Scout are two in particular that I've wanted re-done, VOTC style, for awhile now.  Like you said, they could almost just modify the original VOTC Han and get a pretty nice figure.  The Tusken Raider could turn out to be a real nice figure too.  It will just be interesting to see these figures, and I'm really hoping they'll make an appearance at Toy Fair.  I really enjoyed this line the first time around, even with the few stinkers that were in there, and I'm glad to see it might be making a return.  Now if they could just get around to an ESB (and maybe POTF) wave this year too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 1, 2006, 12:30 PM »
I'm really looking forward to these, but I'm mostly concerned about the Han... I wonder how they will do the trench coat?  I think soft goods could be cool, but it might look way too bulky.  I think it could work on the Tusken really well though...

For the Han, for reference here's a version I made a few months ago:

If they can do it, I'd like to see it with a plastic trenchcoat, but to have two sets of arms.  So the trenchcoat can be on with trenchcoat arms or removed and put on regular arms... like those 21st Century figures.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: February 2, 2006, 03:10 AM »
I'm a big fan of cloth when done right, so a GOOD fabric could really turn into a great trenchcoat.  I'm hoping for that then over a plastic coat, however the 21st Cent. Toys XD German (Ardennes Offensive) is probably the best example of HOW to do a trench coat when sculpted instead of cloth.

The material is very pliable and more a vinyl or rubber than plastic.  It's able to flex with the figure's poses, that's cool. 

The scout I hope for, in addition to regular super articulation like on Clones and whatnot, that there's ball/socket hip joints like the AT-TE Gunner.  I'm not hopeful really, but I'd like it.  That would set up a GREAT sculpt for a figure you could pose on a bike realistically for once. :)

(that was just for you Jesse since I know how much you enjoy that...   )

Do not taunt Super Happy Fun Jesse
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 4, 2006, 10:24 AM »
They need to go with soft goods IMO.  Sure, the plastic looks a little better, but soft goods allows for more posability.  I am really looking forward to the VOTC.  I don't really care much for the standard Saga line.  I would get into them more if Hasbro wouldn't have gone backwards on articulation.  They also could have redone some figures instead of crapping out stuff like an old Snowtrooper and a Jango that was garbage when it originally came out. 
« Last Edit: February 4, 2006, 10:25 AM by John C »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 4, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I agree with that.  Plastic molded coats do look better I think (like Chewie's custom up there) but it wouldn't serve much purpose to make Han S.A. if he can't utilize it.  Plus, a trenchcoat is fairly simple; someone like Bib Fortuna is best with the molded plastic since his robes are so intricate.

I also think Greedo was a poor choice.  How much better would a Death Squad Commander or if they wanted to keep it an alien, Ponda Baba, have been?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 4, 2006, 12:48 PM »
I think Hasbro has come a long way with their cloth goods. I agree that plastic holds much more detail, however, there's something about cloth done right that looks cool. For example, the cloth on the evolutions figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 6, 2006, 09:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 6, 2006, 09:04 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 6, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I like em.  I have to stare at the pics a little longer, but at this point I'll say I like em. 

Not sure why Greedo got in there....

Rune Haako is my favorite JD member now....

Ok I've stared and enlarged the photos.  Looks like ball jointed Elbows for the Biker Scout...being VOTC we'll hope knee articulation too.

The robes and trench hide Tusken and Solo, so I will wait and hope.

Luke almost looks like he has GI JOE RAH type elbow/swivel arms.  Which is fine with me. 

Looks like the George L as stormtrooper giveaway expires November 30, 2006.  These things should be hitting retail when?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2006, 09:25 PM by pmundheim »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 6, 2006, 09:27 PM »

Lucas in a Stormtrooper diguise, only valid in the US! Well ****adoodle!  >:(

Whaaa, they make a special helmet for that extra cowl!  :-X

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 6, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Wow Im stoked for these to come out. Least favorite is the Greedo. The X-Wing Luke looks incredible. Mark me down for at least 20 of those Biker Scouts as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 6, 2006, 09:34 PM »
My thoughts regarding the mail in GeorgeTrooper:

Valid in US only.  Bite my rooster Hasbro.   >:(  >:(  >:(

As for the figures:

Luke and the Biker Scout look incredible.  But the soft goods are iffy on Han and the Tusken - too "poofy".
« Last Edit: February 7, 2006, 11:53 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 6, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Don't worry Jesse I got your back on the GeorgeTrooper.
I remember my dream now.