Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133544 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 VOTC
« Reply #90 on: February 6, 2006, 09:41 PM »
Tha Biker Scout is going to be a hot ticket, Han, Tusken & Greedo... meh. Luke is not too shabby but that Biker Scout!

Oh, and Hasbro blows chunks! US only!  >:(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 6, 2006, 10:05 PM »
I will get them all.  However, I don't really care for the Tusken Raider's robe or Greedo's vest that much.  Han's coat looks great.  The Biker Scout and Luke XWing Pilot look fantastic!!!  Now we just need loose pics.

I see the Gaderfi Stick but what is the other weapon with the Tusken Raider there?  A rifle I'd assume?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2006, 10:07 PM by Darth Broem »

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 6, 2006, 10:21 PM »
I will help any JDer's outside who would need any help to get this Figure.  Hopefully its easy to find the VOTC and hopefully Hasbro doesn't make a mess of the Lucas Figure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: February 6, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Holy crap!

Luke has a saber hilt on his belt AND a helmet with chin-strap!

Endor Han = FANTASTIC!

Greedo = meh.  SG vest is OK, but I'll buy him just the same.

Scout Trooper - love it.  Wow, wow, wow.

Tusken - Rifle and Gaffi?  Too cool... gonna need quite a few of those now.  Will be interesting to see what he looks like under the cloak.

George/Stormtrooper - guess the rumors were true!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #94 on: February 6, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Great to see the carded pictures! However, I'd like to see them loose. As with the first round of VOTC figures, they look a little iffy in the package. Also, it looks like both Luke and Han use the old VOTC heads. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 6, 2006, 10:51 PM »
I love them all!

Luke looks like a ball jointed Dutch Vandar, really, but it's still fantastic. I love the helmet paintjob!

Han looks meh so far, but I have a good feeling he'll be as good as the original VOTC Han.

Greedo... not much to say, but I'll be getting one since I never bought one before.

What needs to be said about the Biker Scout? ;)

Tusken looks VOTC-Obi-Wan-ish in that robe, but I'm sure it will still be a great figure.

I'll try and use the POPs from the extra Biker Scouts and Sand People I get to help our fellow Canuckleheads get the GL Stormie. :-*
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 6, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Not to burst anyone's bubble here, but these really aren't so great.  

The likeness on Luke is not so hot.  The face sculpt could be much better.

The Tusken Raider cloak is way too bulky.

The POTJ biker scout was sculpted with  a pin head.  The head was too small.  This one is not much better.  Yes, it's going to FLY off of the shelves.  The articulation is better obviously, but that pin head sculpt is still hindering this figure.

I do dig that Han.  Nice job there.

Greedo's okay.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2006, 10:55 PM by Ithorian Clergy »
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 6, 2006, 11:04 PM »
I've been unable to load Yodasnews main page. Do they mention if these are general release, or Target exclusives?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: February 6, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Do they mention if these are general release, or Target exclusives?

No, they don't say anything either way...

Yodasnews.com is proud confirm via the below images what many fans have been discussing at length the last few months! And that is how to get your hands on the Lucas Stormtrooper figure and how it will be offered. By looking at the images below you can see that they will at least be offered on the VOTC figures, it will be a mailaway offer and it will be valid in the US Only and only until 11/30/2006 of this year. We blew up one of the stickers as well! Also enjoy the high resolution images by clicking of the smaller images below,  Big Thanks to Master Spy for the images!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 6, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Do they mention if these are general release, or Target exclusives?

No, they don't say anything either way...

Yodasnews.com is proud confirm via the below images what many fans have been discussing at length the last few months! And that is how to get your hands on the Lucas Stormtrooper figure and how it will be offered. By looking at the images below you can see that they will at least be offered on the VOTC figures, it will be a mailaway offer and it will be valid in the US Only and only until 11/30/2006 of this year. We blew up one of the stickers as well! Also enjoy the high resolution images by clicking of the smaller images below,  Big Thanks to Master Spy for the images!

Thanks Jeff!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: February 6, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Luke and Han are phenomenal (although Luke's helmet is way way too white)

Greedo is big time blah.  I'd much rather have seen a vest like Evolutions Anakin from Episode II (Pleather)

Scout looks great as well and my only fear is being able to find 3-5 of them

Sand People...we'll see, hopefully the cloak is not akin to Obi-Wan's VOTC figure...can't pass judgement until I open one up

Can I hear a here here for Wave 2? :-*

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 6, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Really, for me this is almost a big *yawn* - not too excited about these.  Honestly, these could be a lot better, and the more I think about it, we're getting ripped off on the prices on these.  These are just regular figures that should be in the regular line... because of MOMC collectors Hasbro is finding ways to charge more.  The only thing (other than the price and the clamshell) that makes these different from the standards of figures these days are the enormous blankets they are adding for softgoods.  They are so oversized, it's comical.  There are only two figure in this wave that I think are worth the money on - Luke and the Scout Trooper.  I think if someone like me who buys the number of figures that I do in mass quantity feels like they're gonna save some money here, then there's others out there thinking the same thing.  Anyways, based on the pics, here's my assessmtent.

Luke - Nice to see this figure finally get the royal treatment, count me in for 2-3 for openers.  A very nice figure, I'm surprised it took so long for them to do this.

Han - I think this is comical... the jacket to me looks like it would almost fit a He Man figure.  So oversized... again, I think they screwed up.  I was hoping for a 21st Century styled plastic flexible coat with two sets of arms (especially with a $10-$12 pricetag) and they pull this crap.  Funny.  And people are enjoying it.  Oh well, more for the people in my area.  I might pick up one, might not.  Depends on how it looks with the coat off.  I'm just glad that I customize for God's sake.  It's because of reasons like this that I'm glad I don't rely just on Hasbro.

Greedo - Now this is just laughable, is this some kind of joke?  I know they want to redo a vintage figure here... but why of a proven pegwarmer?  And with a piece of cheap underwear for his vest?  Pathetic.  I'll get one, and burn that piece of crap vest and replace with the OTC version.

Scout Trooper - Another figure that it took years too long to get an upgrade on... looks like it will have nice articualtion, but I wonder how well he can sit on a speederbike... regardless, I want about 10 of him.  They should double pack this guy.

Tusken - Seeing that I already have an army of 20+ of these guys, and that this one looks like it was wrapped in pantyhose, I think it's a joke.  Enjoy it if you like oversized soft goods, but for me this looks like a pass.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 6, 2006, 11:41 PM »
These aren't the best looking VOTC yet - but I'll still load up on Biker Scouts.

I'm mostly excited because of the propsects of the line continuing.  Hopefully these will sell well enough that they keep going.  I know it's a long long way off, but I really hope they make the entire vintage line in this fashion.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 6, 2006, 11:42 PM »
I know it's a long long way off, but I really hope they make the entire vintage line in this fashion.

Droids & Brent's fav... Ewoks!  :D

SilverZ

« Reply #104 on: February 6, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Luke looks like the clear winner in this wave - I think that's a ballsocket torso joint just below the white chest portion of the suit. Is the head the same as the first Votc Luke? Han's head sure looks like it.

I'll do the same thing as CHEWIE and replace the soft goods vest with an OTC one on Greedo. That thing looks ass.

I won't comment on Han or the Sandperson until loose shots show up. Too tough to call on card.

So, what are the chances of the mail-away Lucas Stormtrooper being done right, and being a retool of the VOTC Stormie, with the head being a ballsocket, so we can pop off the Luke and Han heads to make easy custom SA Stormtrooper Lukes and Hans?