Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134131 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2006 VOTC
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 04:28 AM »
The selection is really random, and I'm not sure if these are supposed to be a new assortment (does this mean we'll see more?) or those bounty hunt things.  But I love the idea of a SA Scout Trooper, even if I have to plunk down $10 to get it.  I don't love the idea of a $10 Greedo.  They can keep him.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Can't wait for that SA Biker Scout!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 10:01 AM »
I'm happy to see some possible further confirmation that these are on the way.  It seems to be legit, and I can't wait to see some official pics.  I know many people don't get too excited about Han figures, but I've been wanting a nice, re-done Endor one for awhile now, so I'm looking forward to it.  The Biker Scout is probably the most anticipated of the wave, and I'd sure like to get several.  I'm not necessarily counting on it though, I only ended up finding two Stormtroopers, and would have liked many more.  The Tusken and X-Wing Luke are welcome additions too.  I'm not overly excited about Greedo, like many others, but I'm sure I'll end up picking him up.  It would be nice to see bigger scans of the cardbacks, since we could get a little bit of a view of the figures themselves then.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I tried to see if I could blow the image up and mess with the levels and sharpness and contrast...

I can't tell if they're new or not, but the Biker Scout's arm looks an awful lot like the POTJ arm....  Other than that, who the hell knows.  It'd be an awful lot of work to fake all of these just to make $150.00 or whatever this is going to sell for.

Not much to see but here it is:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:26 AM by KBZ »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 11:50 AM »
I'm sure we'll get hi-res pics of the figures before the end of the month. 

Sounds like a nice wave to me, but I do wish they had re-released the Stormtrooper in addition to this line.

For myself, here's what I plan on getting, all to open.

X-Wing Luke - 3-4 of them
Greedo - 2 of them
Han - 2 of them
Tusken - 4-5 of them
Scout Trooper - 10-12 of them

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 12:14 PM »
I will be happy just to find one of each.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 12:17 PM »
This is the worst kind of tease. A picture where you can't make out any detail. :P

If the bounty hunt thing pertains to the VOTC, which I hope it does, I hope that Bounty Hunt is just a clever name and does not mean that these will be chase. Also, think about it, these can not ship in the same assortments with the basic figures due to size.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Was the Stormtrooper really that hard to find for some people?  I wish I had known.  I bought two, but saw them sitting many times.  Can't wait to see better shots of these.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 12:52 PM »
The stormtrooper was tough in some areas, easy in others.  I found dozens and dozens of them - some people didn't find hardly any.

As for this wave, but me down for 2 of each and maybe 20 to 30 of the Scout Trooper depending on availablility.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 12:59 PM »
I'm definately going to do some building with the Scouts, but not nearly as much as with the Stormies. Around 20.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Well I got a response from rose_productions about bigger scans of the cardback and this is the response I got:

Hi there. Sorry I can't. The photo is supplied by HASBRO. I do however have personal scans of vintage cardbacks from my personal collection. Let me know if you're interested.

Oh well, I guess we wait for Hasbro.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 04:20 PM »
This aution would seem to put to bed the rumor of The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection and the Lucastrooper promo. However, that leaves EE's marks regarding "Chase" type figures. Could these be two seperate promotions? Or would confusion seem to be the order of the day?

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Yeah, hopefull this is theanswer to the BH mystery. If it's just five UPCs from the VOTC (for a figure I'm not convinced is cool) then it's basically a free figure, since that's just one of each figure to open. Everyone interested will probably end up with a couple extra mail-in figures by troop building the Biker Scout. That's OK by me.

And if this all pans out I'll just cross my fingers that they're just planning paint variants on the regular figures without changing the cards. That's tolerable, but still not ideal.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 09:06 PM »
  I don't mind buying a set up here to open, but for a carded set, I'm going to have to locate a US set >:(

Gotcha covered buddy  :D.
I'll only need one of each to open so that should get me the George Lucas mail-away.  Any ideas on what that will look like?  Flannel shirt???
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Plaid is fine by me, I only need one of George.  And thanks Beth :-* (we need a pink bracelet again too, last one broke ;))

The stormtrooper was tough in some areas, easy in others. I found dozens and dozens of them - some people didn't find hardly any.

They were definitely tough up here, showed up one week, gone within three days.  That was all, story over.  My luck was excellent for the first run as they were here just at the right time, but many other collectors didn't like me much :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.