Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134033 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 VOTC
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2006, 09:48 AM »
I wish Hasbro would recirculate these VOTC figures that are prefection throughout the line.  The sculpt is there, use it.  Stormies need out on the pegs, that Chewbacca could be re-used with both its headsculpts, Han should be re-used.  I'd buy Leia again if they maybe put a hood-up head on her.  VOTC sculpts are as close to perfect as it gets generally, I wish we would see these re-used more often than they seemingly want to.  I mean, Cantina Han again!?

I couldn't agree more.  I was thinking about this the other day, and Hasbro really doesn't have Stormtroopers out there and available nearly often enough.  Aside from the one included with the glass set last year, we haven't seen much of them for awhile now.  We had them in the OTC/VOTC, but never packed out the way they should be.  Being more of an OT enthusiast overall, it bothers me that my clone armies are much more impressive to look at right now than the OT troopers, and that's mainly because they just haven't been really available at the basic figure level.  If it wasn't for those TRU $2 commtech figures a few years back, I wouldn't have many Stormies at all.  The VOTC Stormtrooper is a figure that could (and should) constantly be reshipped, and so many others from the VOTC line (like Chewie and Han that you mentioned) could be reused as well, and I hope that they are.  Like some have mentioned, I really hope they pack out some more Stormtroopers in these new waves.

As far as these rumored figures, I'm going to do my best to army build a bit with the Tusken and Scout as well.  I can't afford to go too nuts (especially if the price is $12), but I'd like to get a few of each.  I wouldn't mind seeing this be the "deluxe" pricepoint product, as was mentioned earlier.  Get a wave in the spring and the fall, 10-12 figures a year, and that would be kind of nice.  The way prices keep going up though, and if the figures continue to be amazing, I might have to re-evaluate what else I collect from now on.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2006, 12:40 PM »
For a possible ESB/PotF release in the fall, I'd love to see:

ESB - Hoth Leia, SA Snowtrooper, SA Rebel Trooper

This could potentially devestate Jesse, let's hope it doesn't happen.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2006, 05:28 AM »
I have to admit, I think I climaxed a little just at the thought...

But we all know I'm one of those guys that takes his toys too seriously....  I admit it, I masturbate into a Darth Tater.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2006, 09:26 AM »
 :-X
WHOA!
Information overload!!!!
 :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2006, 12:00 PM »
I've said too much!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2006, 12:06 PM »

But we all know I'm one of those guys that takes his toys too seriously....  I admit it, I masturbate into a Darth Tater.

Yeuck... I don't even want to know what you do with your Spudtrooper then.   :-X

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2006, 12:36 PM »
I've said too much!

That's you in the corner, that's you in the spot.  light.  masturbating to Darth tater.

SilverZ

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2006, 01:02 PM »
As far as these rumored figures, I'm going to do my best to army build a bit with the Tusken and Scout as well.

If he's really nice, I'll want probably a good group of 10-12 of them too. Scouts I'm in for probably the same if not more.

What's really a tragedy is that there's potential for the Tuskens to be great, and I'll end up wanting at least one more Bantha to go with them. I'll bet money that updated speederbikes are going to be a big deal one it's obvious the Scout can sit properly on one.

If there ever were exclusives that would make sense as a companion to the VOTC06, these would be the ones.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2006, 02:55 PM »
What's really a tragedy is that there's potential for the Tuskens to be great, and I'll end up wanting at least one more Bantha to go with them. I'll bet money that updated speederbikes are going to be a big deal one it's obvious the Scout can sit properly on one.

I've been sitting on a second Bantha boxed for a long time now (pretty much all my stuff is loose) but once we move, it looks like it will be set free. 

I know I'm ordering a case for sure of the figures (retail price from the cases is around $13 CAD after shipping, within Canada, four dollars better than the previous release) but now I'm thinking a second case could work as well.  Like the stormies, I'll need a pile of Scouts for my Ewok-roasting diorama. 

Just like a woman...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2006, 03:07 PM »

Yeuck... I don't even want to know what you do with your Spudtrooper then.   :-X

Oh I bet that thing gets buttered up and rubbed all over his body after a good toy hunt like the rest of us.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2006, 03:29 PM »
VOTC style speederbikes, I like that idea.  In fact, maybe VOTC styled playsets.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2006, 06:24 PM »
I'm excited about the Endor Han myself; I'll probably get 3 for diorama scenes: one for the rebel fleet meeting (to replace a Cantina Han I have there), one with cloak searching for Leia in the forest, and one without cloak to defend the bunker position.  Oops, I need a fourth one for my Ewok village celebration dio!  As for the Tuskens, I plan on 3 to replace my 2 repainted ones, and probably 2 scouts for the bunker scene.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2006, 07:25 PM »
That's what I like to hear Daigo-Bah, multiples for dioramas.  Spoken like a true fan!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2006, 07:34 PM »
I'm excited about the Endor Han myself; I'll probably get 3 for diorama scenes: one for the rebel fleet meeting (to replace a Cantina Han I have there), one with cloak searching for Leia in the forest, and one without cloak to defend the bunker position.  Oops, I need a fourth one for my Ewok village celebration dio!  As for the Tuskens, I plan on 3 to replace my 2 repainted ones, and probably 2 scouts for the bunker scene.

As much as it is going to hurt the wallet I'll being doing something similar too. And these look so go on their cards I may get a MOMC set too. And then there is custom fodder... man it is going to be a rough year. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2006, 01:33 AM »
I've said too much!

That's you in the corner, that's you in the spot.  light.  masturbating to Darth tater.

Hah.   :D