Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133542 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #105 on: February 6, 2006, 11:52 PM »
really dig Luke X-Wing and Sandman  8) han's Coat seems alittle big

but really excited on the Stormtrooper Lucas  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 6, 2006, 11:55 PM »
My question is how many proofs of purchase will it take to get the mailaway.  I need two of these to open one and keep one carded (assuming it's on a card...) and will be pissed if I have to open an extra set of 5 VOTC figures to get the extra proofs.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 7, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Good question Rob, it might be a bit of buying to get this JorgTrooper.  :-\

Hasbro = hook, line & sinker!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 7, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Hopefully it will be something like 2 proofs and $X.xx for 'shipping' which will really be a purchase price.

Wait a second, who am I kidding - I'll have no problems with this once I open up a bunch of Biker Scouts.

Hell, I might have enough proofs of purchase to spread them around here with all you guys.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 7, 2006, 12:09 AM »
My question is how many proofs of purchase will it take to get the mailaway. 

1,000 Jedi Master Points, of course.

:P
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 7, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Just like back in the days with the vinty line, send in X amount of POP's and here's your figure tho I think they send them out in a white mailer in a plastic Kenner baggie if I remember correctly.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 7, 2006, 12:26 AM »

I'm hoping it's just 5 POPs to get the GeorgeTrooper.  I've preordered a case (2 of each figure) in order to cover "one loose & one carded", which will also get me the mailaway (many thanks for the mention Robb  ;)).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 7, 2006, 12:27 AM »

1,000 Jedi Master Points, of course.

:P

I wish that was the case.  I've got about 8,000 of the ******* sitting around collecting dust because each time I bid on something during those stupid auctions I was outbid in the end...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 7, 2006, 12:38 AM »
I've been unable to load Yodasnews main page. Do they mention if these are general release, or Target exclusives?

It appears there's a little more info from Yoda027, the site admin:

Also, they will NOT be Target Exclusives according to our source and you will be able to buy them at brick and mortar and online stores. Also according to our source as of right now (and they did say this part could change) they will be 2 per case in equal distribution.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 7, 2006, 01:13 AM »

I'm hoping it's just 5 POPs to get the GeorgeTrooper.  I've preordered a case (2 of each figure) in order to cover "one loose & one carded", which will also get me the mailaway (many thanks for the mention Robb  ;)).

Where did you pre-order from?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 7, 2006, 01:40 AM »
Where did you pre-order from?

It's a CDN site, GoldenAgeToys.com.  Their prices are in CDN funds ($140CDN = $122US), but they do ship to the US. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #116 on: February 7, 2006, 01:49 AM »
I want about five of those Biker Scouts. That figure looks great.

I hope those stickers with the mailaway are on the outside. I'd hate to have them on the inside since it would make the carded set look like ass, which pretty much ruins the idea of VOTC.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #117 on: February 7, 2006, 02:30 AM »
Biker Scout: YES!!!!  About ******* time.

Luke: Looks fantastic.  Great job.

Han: Okay, coat's kind of bulky.

Greedo: Whatever.

Tusken: Way too poofy.  Disappointed.

The mailaway is very blah.  I don't think we need another Lucas figure, but I do like them going back to mail aways.  I loved them in the old days and I miss 'em.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: February 7, 2006, 03:11 AM »
My brief early opinions...

-Biker Scout...  How can I NOT want 20 of these?  I have 40 some Stormtroopers so I figure I want a 20 Scout squad to complement them.  If they're incredibly abundant and/or clearanced or some such I'd consider more but the 20 seems a round number I could be happy with...  Man, the more I keep thinking about this I'll want more, but 20's a goal.  I set a goal with Stormies, I'll set a goal with Scouties too.  20.

-Luke...  Depending on his height, if he comes a bit higher than Luke SHOULD be I'd consider picking quite a few up for customs.  Articulation's looking sharp, I like the helmet...  I'd be ok with the original head being used since it met the time frame and wasn't bad to me in likeness.  He looks sharp though I think...  I wasn't ever quite "content" with the Dutch sculpt though, it's a bit big and a bit under articulated in the arms so I'm looking forward to Luke as some bit of fodder anyway.

-Greedo...  The pre-destined pegwarmer of the line I think we can all agree, but is he bad?  Not by a long shot.  Neither was Lando and there's about 12 at my local Toys R Us too.  :)  Lando was cool but pegwarmed because he's Lando...  Greedo is great looking, looks to have the best articulation...  I don't personally mind the vest much but it could be better.  I'm not a stickler for hating cloth, and since I have a dozen Greedo figures I can swap a plastic vest on if I really want to.  I may not though, as I have always found new places to put my old Greedo's...  Rodians abound in the films in those outfits with different colored vests so that's cool.  To me he looks good and I like that we're FINALLY getting his correct pistol with him and a holster too.  Other Greedo's are gonna just wind up as Jabba goons for me now and this one will be my "top" figure rendition of Greedo on my shelves.

-Sandperson...  The Tusken looks pretty sharp I think, and packaged cloth figures are tough to sit there and judge.  I know I've cut down the seams inside cloth and made it tremendously less bulky and sit better on the figure.  For instance Palpy's Evolutions figure has a slightly thick cloak that doesn't sit right immediately, so with some work I got it to look pretty great actually.  Same with some other robes so I'm not too concerned on the Tusken...  Plus the material appears to be a gauzey material like the Jedi women's skirts were in 2005.  I like that we get two accessories with him too, I just hope he is super articulated under the robes, unlike say VOTC Obi-Wan who was pretty shoddy actually.

-Han...  Personally I don't think Hasbro would have ever delivered the quality 21st Century does.  They wouldn't have given us two sets of super articulated arms that pop on and off the torso to show Han with the coat on and off.  We'd have gotten maybe a pre-posed set and a poseable set if we were lucky, so I'm not expecting that and I'm pretty happy we got cloth personally.   I just hope Han's SA underneath...  The head it would be nice if it wasn't a reused one since Solo looks different in ROTJ than ANH quite a bit but whatever.  I'm glad to finally have a good Endor Han coming...  So far Saga and POTF2 versions have sucked, so it'll be nice to have something new and better.  And again I can't tell what the texture and feel of the fabric is by looking at it.  It could be very easy to make it look ok on the figure when you open it so I reserve judgment on its bulkiness till I open one up.

As far as pricing goes, I'm not happy with $10 and I think these are $5 figures on $5 packaging...  Hasbro's gotta spend a little on these special cards and the clamshells afterall, but at the same time I'd really prefer these figures were basic prices of course.  Since that isn't gonna happen though, I'm more happy to get a GOOD figure out of this line that embodies what the line should be striving for in every figure.

-Good sculpt
-Good paint job
-Good accessories/features (where applicable)
-Good articulation...  And that is compared with other toy lines, not Hasbro's own idea of what they feel is "good enough" for us.

Now, the basic line is most of those most of the time, but articulation (and to a lesser degree, accessories) tend to fall short of anything close to "competitive".  It's tough to look at the local toy shelves and say Hasbro is delivering quality there...  I'm not happy to pay $10 a figure to get it, but I'm happy to get these figures and some (if not all) of them in multiples...  I just wish Hasbro would take a look at the basic line and really improve it too instead of having it fluctuate in quality like it does.  One figure's great, one is ok, one is flat out terrible...  You just never know what you're gonna get and at the same time Hasbro's releasing plenty of old figures on new cards saving a lot in the process and we see price increases with qualty cut-backs. 

To me then the VOTC is a breath of fresh air at a horrible price though.  It's what I want, minus the packaging, but it is costing a lot more than it should unfortunately. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 7, 2006, 07:16 AM »
I can't add much to what has already been said, but here is my opinion:  I can't wait to see these in stores.  The X Wing Luke is my favorite.  It's about time Hasbro made a good version of him.  Endor Han looks good.  The coat looks fine IMO.  Hopefully he's a clone of the VOTC ANH Han underneath.  Greedo, well, I would rather have had a Death Squad Commander in SA mode, but this Greedo looks good.  The Biker Scout hopefully has articulated knees.  Then he'll be the most sought after from this wave.  I just hope the hoaders and scalpers don't screw everyone else over.  I just want two.  The Tusken looks good, too.  The cloth can always come off if people find it too bulky, as with the Han.  I'll buy two Tuskens.  Bring on an ESB wave now, Hasbro.