Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133588 times)

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2006, 06:55 PM »
All of these look soo awesome, I cannot wait till I get my case!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Those look great.  I'll be looking for at least 25 of the Biker Scout - so hopefully he's about 4 per case...  Han looks like the best of the bunch.

SilverZ

« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2006, 07:50 PM »
I can't tell from the pic, either it's well hidden or not there - put I don't see ankle articulation. I hope it's just well hidden.

Han looks great, Luke looks like everything he should be (except maybe his headsculpt) and I'm starting to like the Tusken. I still don't get the point of Greedo, but, whatever.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I hope that Gaffi stick is a tad stiffer when we get it, that thing has E.D. (Erectile Dysfunction)  ;D

And I wonder if the Greedo will have the blaster shot in the chest that the past 5 Greedos have had?

FYI: That chest box is on wrong that photo, it needs to be turn 90º CCW

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/closeup.cfm?image=87060_pkg.jpg

Stoopid Hasbro Art. Dept.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2006, 08:52 PM »
To me the inclusion of Greedo is an indication that Hasbro at very least intends to keep the VOTC line going.  If they were just making exciting main characters then I'd say the line is doomed, but if they're making Greedo now, maybe they're thinking that they need to save some of the excitment for later waves.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Oh yeah, and now what we really need is a nice new speeder bike in a  vintage style box...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2006, 02:14 AM »
I was gonna complain that the bike won't fit the scout like it should, but screw it I know I want a new Speederbike.

The old sculpt is so oversized and gangly...  They need a new one with a clear stand for it to "hover" on.  Sculpt it to-scale to the VOTC Scout...  I'd gladly buy this beast.  I'd buy dozens actually if the price wasn't outrageous on it. 

Anyway, on the new photos...

My opinions are pretty much all positive based on the early photos we've seen.  There is stellar articulation on each figure.  It appears to me they all got spared the Hasbro Quality Axe as I call it, which is a first for 2006.  ;)  I mean, a whole wave of hits?  How can you NOT love that?

The Sandperson looks like you can work with his softgoods, Han just looks good in that pic.  That really is a nice job done on that coat.  The Greedo is cool enough I guess but it does appear to indicate their continuation of this line...  Personally I preferred VOTC but that's me.

Luke, fantastic...  Scout, fantastic...  Han's my favorite right now though.  That's everything I ever wanted in a Han Endor figure.  Count me in for several.

I gotta get a case pre-ordered on these now, it's without a doubt a pile of stuff I want.

I wish they would offer us these at a lower price.  $8, and I'd be happy.  I seriously wouldn't complain about buying armies at $8, I would buy customizing bits at $8, i'd even keep the packaging at $8...  $10+, especially if they're really gonna keep this going, is gonna be hard.  I mean, $10 ewoks are hard to justify...  Same with Ugnaughts, Jawas, various astromechs...  Even the aliens it gets tough to deal with financially.  :(

The case ratio of 2x each figure really makes one wonder...  Will these reship in different mixes or is this it?  I want more Scouts and Sandies...  Finding them will be a bitch.

Hasbro's gotta get it in their thick heads at some point that some of this crap sells steadily no matter how many you put out.  #41's sold steadily even though they backed up.  AT-RT Drivers sold steadily...  They can't keep an AT-AT Driver on pegs around me, even at the $7 price.  I just can't believe they'd sink the $ into molding/tooling up a figure like that Scout then limit it in some ways...   :-\

The mold toolings are fixed costs that you only are able to limit through increased production and sales.  Granted some things are risky choices to recirculate in the line, but Stormtroopers and Scouts?  The way to drop those fixed costs is to put them back out there...  Same with the Evolutions Sandtrooper.  VOTC Han over Cantina Han...  It's the smart choice, and they're the figures more appealing to all buyers too...  Hell I'd buy another VOTC Han if I saw it on a basic card...  Paint his hands grey and put a headset in and I'm sold on that figure just for that little difference.  I could use it for customs even if nothing else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Those pictiures look awesome! Tuscan Raider looks tons better, as does Han. Luke was photograghed at agood angle, but I bet the leg stance is still going to be awkward. I don't think there's going to be a bad way to pose or photograph the Bikerscout.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2006, 10:21 AM »
The Greedo is cool enough I guess but it does appear to indicate their continuation of this line...  Personally I preferred VOTC but that's me

Am I missing something?  You preferred the VOTC?  Do you mean you preferred the OTC?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Nice to get some more pictures of this wave.  I really think the wave overall is looking pretty good.  The Tusken looks much better in this pic now, and might turn out to be alright.  The Han is my favorite of the wave as well, because I've really wanted an "ultimate" version of Endor Han, and this seems to have everything.  The Scout of course is close behind, and looks like a heck of a figure.  I'd like to get a handful of these, but it depends what can be found I guess.  I think the Luke X-Wing looks really nice too, and I look forward to retiring the POTJ version.  Greedo seems like an odd choice to me as well, but doesn't look too bad.  I think you guys hit it on the head when saying that the Greedo is a sign that they are going to continue the line.  I mean, otherwise, you'd think they would have thrown another main character or army builder in there.  Hopefully we'll be surprised by (at least) another wave later in the year.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2006, 05:23 PM »
That sucking sound you hear is the black hole in my wallet where the VOTC budget used to be.

A dozen Biker Scouts, a dozen Tusken Raiders, 3 or 4 Han Endor, 3 or 4 Lukes!! 1 Greedo.

My question is this though...do you think the faces/heads on Han and Luke are Painted or Molded skin tones?  If they are painted, I'll drop my number to 1 Han and 1 Luke.  I don't like the painted flesh tones.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2006, 09:11 PM »
I will get one of each.  I can't imagine I'll find the Biker Scout at retail though. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2006, 09:26 PM »

The case ratio of 2x each figure really makes one wonder...  Will these reship in different mixes or is this it?  I want more Scouts and Sandies...  Finding them will be a bitch.

Hasbro's gotta get it in their thick heads at some point that some of this crap sells steadily no matter how many you put out.  #41's sold steadily even though they backed up.  AT-RT Drivers sold steadily...  They can't keep an AT-AT Driver on pegs around me, even at the $7 price.  I just can't believe they'd sink the $ into molding/tooling up a figure like that Scout then limit it in some ways...

You'll forgive my innate cynicism and whopping experience in seeing Hasbro talk about this stuff in person (all of once at C3) but I really do firmly believe that the people making the decisions just don't get it.  You could see it at the C3 panel, the two dudes shuffled off the end on the right side were the guys away from the microphones, but you could see them smiling and nodding knowingly, in that I've worked for the government and it sucks but we call it Hasbro way every time someone mentioned something really cool.  They wanted it too, they understood it and they had heard it a million times and it had registered.  And they were low enough on the totem pole to have precisely zero influence. 

Hasbro doesn't get it and they've yet to prove me or anyone else wrong.  Seeing the Utapau clone and Scorch reshipping is a start but as Jesse said, it simply doesn't matter, clones/stormies sell.  Yes, they might back up on occasion, but they still move out and sell regardless, unlike a _____ warrior or _____ Jedi.  Even the incredibly populous white clone pilot moved along merrily. 

I'd love to see a 6-4 split, scout to sandpeople in a refresh case.  Or a 4 scout, 4 sandie, 1 Luke, 1 Han case.  Geez even drop a sandpeople off and throw in 1 Greedo (but I don't think there'll be a need). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2006, 09:55 PM »
That sucking sound you hear is the black hole in my wallet where the VOTC budget used to be.

A dozen Biker Scouts, a dozen Tusken Raiders, 3 or 4 Han Endor, 3 or 4 Lukes!! 1 Greedo.

My question is this though...do you think the faces/heads on Han and Luke are Painted or Molded skin tones?  If they are painted, I'll drop my number to 1 Han and 1 Luke.  I don't like the painted flesh tones.

I'm betting they've got the painted on skin
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 1, 2006, 12:56 AM »
I will get one of each.  I can't imagine I'll find the Biker Scout at retail though. 

I know I will see one