Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133547 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #495 on: April 28, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Looks like the VTSC are in stock at KBToys.com now, 9.99 each if you can't find them in your neck of the woods.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 28, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Looks like the VTSC are in stock at KBToys.com now, 9.99 each if you can't find them in your neck of the woods.

Stoopid KB and their won't ship to Canada or accept a Canadian credit card policy >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 28, 2006, 04:40 PM »
I suppose the Heat-sealed are all from Target theory is debunked, but I'll add that the ones I found this morning at Walmart were heat-sealed.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 28, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Damn Biker Scout is sold out already.   :'(

But the good new is the vintage B-Wing pilot is still available:

Vintage B-Wing Pilot

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 28, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Damn Biker Scout is sold out already.   :'(

But the good new is the vintage B-Wing pilot is still available:

Vintage B-Wing Pilot

Good lord, does Brian's Toys have to be everywhere? First Amazon now KBToys?  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 28, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Good lord, does Brian's Toys have to be everywhere? First Amazon now KBToys?  ::)

I was wondering last night how the hell it could be that KB was selling a Saga 12" biker for FIFTY dollars, then I saw that. I actually think I saw that Brian's was selling through KB's site a long time ago, I just forgot about it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 29, 2006, 11:23 AM »
I found these at Walmart yesterday... I noticed the clamshell packaging is different from Walmart than it is at Target.  Target has the vacuum sealed sides, but Walmart is still packaged with the tape like the VOTC figures... anyone else notice this?

Edit - I needed to read back a bit.  I see this is being found like this elsewhere too.

:)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:31 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 29, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Got conformation that my NF order is shipping.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 29, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Saw the taped ones for the first time today at TRU. Weird that they would get them and the rest that Ive seen have been heat sealed.
I remember my dream now.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2006, 02:51 PM »
I've seen heat sealed and taped at Wal-mart and for some reason the taped ones sold out  ??? Also keep a look out, I found a Greedo laying on a shelf with the bottom torn open, most likely the sticker was missing.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2006, 08:41 PM »
On a somewhat related note.  I just took the Cloak from the new SAGA Obi-Wan and used it on the VOTC Ben from last year.  This is how it should of been down.  It looks fantastic.  Goodbye poofy coat.  It also works fabulously on the ROTS Mace.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2006, 08:51 PM »
The VTSC I found at TRU were tape-sealed...haven't found any at my Target so I can't say if they're heat-sealed.

I didn't find the Biker Scout anywhere but did pick up the Endor Han. Easily the best Han fig to date, I just love it.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 1, 2006, 10:31 AM »
These showed up at our local Target on Friday, at $11.99 each.  I already found most of what I want (maybe another Scout or Tusken eventually) at WM/TRU (and cheaper) so I passed on them there for now.  Our local WM had a ton of these last week, and still have some leftover, although the Scouts are all long gone.  Luke/Han/Tusken have a few left, and there are a whole mess of Greedos sitting about there right now.

I got a chance to open one of each this weekend, and I really have to say this series seems to be pretty consistently good.  There were some complaints with the initial 12 figures that they were kind of inconsistent - some were great (Han, Stormie, Chewie), some weren't so great (3PO).  Even though Greedo wasn't maybe necessary in this line, after opening him up he is a pretty nice figure.  The cloth vest might not have been a must either, but the figure itself is well done.  The Scout and Han are amazing, and the Tusken and Luke are good too.  I thought across the five figures, this line was pretty good - they'd be better at the basic pricepoint - but the quality was good I thought.  What are your opinions on the VTSC?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #508 on: May 1, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Anyone else get ripped off on the POPs?  I opened my figs last week, but put the packaging aside for another date.  Tonight I opened up the little baggies and two of my silver stickers had been replaced by crudely cut out xeroxes!

Not a disaster, because I will buy another Biker and Tusken.  BTW, they were taped versions form TRU.

Figs are wonderful...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 4, 2006, 04:03 PM »
These have been hanging about a bit at WM and Target, but not before selling through the majority of what they have/had.  Target just had a case or so on the pegs to begin with, and probably have 5 figures or so left.  WM at one time had just tons of these on an endcap display, but now the leftovers are stuck on a peg - away from the rest of the SW merchandise - actually next to the Marvel figures.

It really seems like the Luke X-Wing is a pretty good seller, at least around here.  Maybe that is due to his figure having the "redemption form", or just because he's popular.  There have been a lot of Greedos, quite a few Endor Hans, and just a couple Lukes here and there.  The Scouts are long gone of course, and aside from one Tusken at Target this past weekend, those are gone as well.  Hopefully we'll see some more shipments of these, I wouldn't mind picking up 1-2 more Scouts or Tuskens, but we'll see I guess.