Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134019 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #540 on: May 25, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Sorry for the crappy pic, but check out my newest Biker, on the left. Notice how his midsection is darker than the right (which is the same color as the ones in the JD Images). Is this just a paint mess up? Running change? Variation? Has anyone else seen one with a torso that dark?

The ones that I ordered from Asia have a bright red stripe on the backpack whereas the ones that I bought at Target have a dull red stripe.  The ones that I ordered from Asia have the darker midsection and it looks like an alternate form of weathering along the boots and stuff. 
Not sure if that's because they were making these figures "after dark" or if it was just the first shipment of these figures.  I like the "store bought" versions better.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #541 on: May 26, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Mark, a buddy of mine, sent me this image of a mock-up Han Solo VTSC that's pretty weird...  Check it out.

You can see it's lacking the UGH sticker and whatnot... 

Kind of weird, thought you guys might find it interesting, especially the funky coat.

edit: just dropping in to fix the images... Jeff
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:24 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #542 on: May 26, 2006, 10:19 AM »
 ???
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 26, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Sorry for the big pic...  Mark, a buddy of mine, sent me this image of a mock-up Han Solo VTSC that's pretty weird...  Check it out.

I love pre-production stuff like this, it's a great way to see one little piece of the production puzzle.

I guess his good coat was in the wash.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #544 on: May 26, 2006, 08:21 PM »
It is quite funky the way they patchworked it together...  It's pretty far along in production though because a complete figure is there it seems, just not complete packaging and a funky coat...  Weird stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Can't see those pics for some reason; I'd love to check it out!  On a side note, I passed by my local Target today, and the only remnants of the VTSC wave are about 7 or 8 Greedos.  I hope people aren't skipping this great figure.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2006, 08:35 PM »
As opposed to the long endcap displays Walmart had earlier this month, they are now receiving regular 10 figure cases a plenty.  Saw 5 cases today on the floor.

The endcap displays at Walmart had the taped figures, now the regular case shipments are heat sealed.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Jeez, I should have you pick me up some Biker Scouts.   8)  My local WM has one peg dedicated to VTSC....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2006, 10:38 PM »
I wonder why they don't repack the Stormtrooper on an ANH card... and then ESB?  I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do that.

:)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 2, 2006, 02:18 AM »
NFC has filled my order for my second case.  Just letting everyone know in case anyone else was waiting for other cases.

On another note, I'm genuinely surprised how often I've been seeing Scout troopers on the pegs. Sure they don't last a day, but just seeing the quantity I've seen is a good sign.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 2, 2006, 09:11 AM »
I wonder why they don't repack the Stormtrooper on an ANH card... and then ESB?  I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do that.

:)

I think they will do just that.  They liked using that body for the Lucas Trooper.  They will do it for the eventual Luke and Han Stormtroopers (they gotta put those out soon).  I think they will repackage that VOTC stormtrooper to in any form that can.  We'll probably see it for the next 3 years is my guess :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 6, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I don't recall seeing it mentioned here, but the Canadian VTSC are circulating at TRUs up north now.  Best part is they are Canadian vintage styled cards. 

The pic was originally posted by DarthVader77 over at snowtroopers.ca and the figures pictured are his, both original vintage and new. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2006, 03:31 PM »
I've gotten a chance to stop by our local Target, TRU, and Wal-Mart during the past two days - and at least around here, the VTSC are really sitting pretty well now.  The Biker Scouts of course are not quite as easy to find (although I do see them on occasion), and Luke isn't overly common either (thinking about picking up another one), but the majority of them - especially the other three - are really sitting at all three stores at this point.  Its too bad really, because I think all 5 are great figures, but I don't know if they are over-shipped, over-priced, a combination of both - or maybe just slower moving overall.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2006, 12:17 AM »
I think it's mostly the higher prices.  Deluxe pricing hasn't ever done terribly well in the past, and this basically is that line's temp replacement.  Then you have the fact that the figure itself isn't anything more than we should expect in the basic line save for the pricey softgoods bits and pieces...  The figures are what the line should be, or close to it though, so $10's going to make the average person's perception of value take a sharper focus I think.  If the packaging doesn't appeal to you you're gonna be pickier I think.

Then you have the fact these shipped evenly to every retailer in large enough numbers.  Even KB it seems (though I will say I have seen none at K-Mart).  I don't think they shipped overly heavily, just shipped fairly evenly and everywhere...  And even-packed cases too.

I bet if you'd have stacked the scout in the set, you'd probably have a situation where some of the others wouldn't be quite as pegwarmer-ish as they are right now.  But of course you'd have gripes then on finding certain main characters or Greedo or something if they got shortpacked.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2006, 08:39 AM »

Then you have the fact these shipped evenly to every retailer in large enough numbers.  Even KB it seems (though I will say I have seen none at K-Mart).  I don't think they shipped overly heavily, just shipped fairly evenly and everywhere...  And even-packed cases too.

I don't know if anyone else has, but I've seen them once at K-Mart- They weren't on the pegs or anything, just on the bottom shelf...I think they were 11.99...I could be wrong. I considered picking up the only Scout there, but I just found a Scorch and Utapau Clone on the pegs, and I didn't have the money.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...