Author Topic: Rise of the Empire carries on!  (Read 39668 times)

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
Re: Outrider's Customs UPDATE
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 09:13 AM »
HEllo everyone, Happy Father's Day!  My computer has been extremely weird lately...acting up.  I believe that I've corrected the problem and hopefully it'll be better... for a while at least.  I've just glanced at the latest submissions over the last week or so and I cannot wait to reply to all of you tonight.  I also have an update for my own thread as well so please check back this evening.  Thanks so much and believe me I missed the down time.   
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Hey Outrider, I thought as much.... or you were on vacation. Haven't seen messages from you at GA.com or theJawa. Hope to see those update pics soon, I know they're worhtwhile waiting for  ;D

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Those pesky commando figures are finally completed and here's some finished pics for you all.  By the way the decals were freshly applied at the time of the photo shoot and they're not nearly as shiny as the appear in these pics.  They look weathered now. 

This was a fun project and I hope that you enjoy the final product.  Please let me know what you think....

NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Nice paint jobs... and removable helmets?  Awesome!  They kind of remind me of Halo... was that intentional?

:)

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2006, 12:24 AM »
Never even played it.  I have no idea what the halo dudes look like but thats definitely what people are saying.  I tried to steer clear of any star wars influences and patterns.  Naturally I guess I made it look like something else.  Thank you for the compliments from what I gather Halo soldiers look pretty cool.  To be reminded of them is a compliment.   ;D
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 12:25 AM »
one looks like it has at te gunner legs
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Nope,
just #41 legs on these guys.  Personally I don't like the gunner figure or any parts of him.  I prefer to use the #41 articulation. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 12:34 AM »
Nope,
just #41 legs on these guys.  Personally I don't like the gunner figure or any parts of him.  I prefer to use the #41 articulation. 
do they fit on scorch without trimming
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Very cool!  Removable helmets?!  AWSOME!  I really like the color scheme and cool packs.  Sorry to be repetitive but, they have a halo feel to me.  But I like that!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 12:51 AM »
Yes they fit,
buts it takes some effort.  I like them because when you do finally get them into the scorch socket they are nice and tight fitting.  I believe that its worth the effort
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Really awesome job!  wow, removable helmets, articulated legs, excellent paintjob!

These guys kick serious ass!!  Well done!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 04:27 PM »
I saw the progression of these on another board. Excellent work indeed. The paint jobs on these rock!! The removable helmets are just icing on the cake.

I do have a small question about the small Imp logos. Are they decals?

also are the paint jobs based on something ( not HALO obviously ;D) or is it a design of your own. Either way these guys look great.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 05:29 PM »
As always its your feedback for better or worse that keep me going.  Thanks for all of the input. 

Those stickers are custom decals and they're not nearly as glossy as they may appear in the pics.  They were freshly allpied at the time of the pics and now they're a dull matte finish. 

The color scheme was al my idea.  As I stated before my goal was to not be influenced by other commando patterns that have been posted around the net.  I gotta check out HALO one of these days.  Honestly I tried to make an original squad. 

This was a fun set to make.  Thanks for checking them out
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 05:40 PM »
I'm a pretty avid Halo fan (books, heavy campaign player, other references) and I don't really see any resemblance here, Outrider...I like the green-gray with the black and white.

I really love all the original DC attachments you've made...really nice! Do they all work?

As I recall, the original Delta Squad was pretty beat up, but I don't think your squad has seen as much action lately (or they're neat freaks about their armor  ;))...I think a light black would look really cool.

Could we get pics of all the member's backpacks? They all look neat.

Awesome work, one of the most original and creative Commando squads I've seen in a while. Good to see you back doing customs, I wondered where you went at Galactic Archives...

:P
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 10:09 PM »
To sum up my entire opinion, those are some of my favorite customs anyone has ever done. Ever.
Yo is what yo is.