Author Topic: Rise of the Empire carries on!  (Read 39723 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Kagi-well maybe that is!
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2006, 05:59 PM »
I don't know how I missed the AT-AT guy, very cool, awsome blend of the 2 eras.  The face looks slightly shiny though, but that may just be the pictutre.
Kagi as really good looking too, your kamas are excelent, and they work well on shocks.
Great work!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Looks great Outrider!
Will you be making anymore of those Kamas? I probably could not afford any until next month, but would be interested.
What is the hologram from?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone.  Incom- thats Hasbro's red believe it or not I didn't even reach forpaint on this guy.  The red of the kama is not an exact match but its close enough for my needs.   ;)  I think thatthe red of the kama and the red of the figure fight against each other a little but it aint bad.

Straxus.  I've sold through my first batch-thanks everyone!  I'll be making more in the extremely near future.  Perhaps we could make some sort of trade- your helmets for my kamas.  PM me and we can got it going fa sho!

UPDATE!  I;ve repainted the holsters red which looks really awesome (well I think so anyway)  I've also added a few small touches to his gear not overblown but I'll post some pics tonight. 

NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Here's the piece finished for now.  I painted the holster assembly red and I like it much better.  I also added one small gear strap to the belt.  Tell me what you think:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:47 PM by Outrider »
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Wow! Looks even better with the straps/holsters red. The gear strap is a very nice touch to the character...

I realized what that particular gear strap was used for. I created a little comic to give an example.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Hilarious!  Nice work straxus.
Great job matching the reds outrider.  The Holsters look much better in that color.  I like the gear strap too, although I suspect Kentucky Fried Ani dosen't ;).

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Straxus, Thats the best comic strip I've ever seen!  Awesome.  How long did it take you to create that?   ;D

I never envisioned that gear strap for that purpose but from now on I'll never see it any other way!  Great job and I'm honored that you'd take the time to create that- cool!
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2006, 06:19 AM »
Well the crude outline drawings, editing and cutting pasting images probably by themselves only took 10-15 minutes... The biggest time consumer was locating the appropriate toasted Ani and a suitable Palpatine image. I had fun making it. The scenario was first thing that popped into my mind for use of the gear strap...hehe.
I am glad you liked it. I was a little concerned that you might take the comic the wrong way...
I kinda wanted to make comic-style replies to forums threads for a long time but never got arround to it until this one... I just had the sudden inspiration to do it...so I did.

What did you use for the metal part of the gear strap?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:23 AM by Straxus »

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2006, 06:35 AM »
My sense of humor is very much along the same lines as yours.  Its hilarious.  Feel free to make as many comic strips regarding my customs as you see fit! 

;D

THe metal piece was made from a metal staple.  (Up to my old tricks again.  Simply bent with some small pliers into a square or rectangle.  Easy-peazy
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Here's the second member of my ARC team thus far.  You may remember my red ARC captain from about a month ago, well here's  a standard blue version.  I took a few liberties from the classic ARC of the Cartoons and other reference material.  Hopefully you can understand what I was trying to achieve.  My version is for rappelling into tight spaces and shocking would-be enemies by descending from out of gunships. 

I chose to sling his weapon so that he can hold onto rappel lines with both hands.  I hope that you like it and please tell me what you think. 

« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:56 AM by Outrider »
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2006, 12:23 AM »
I like it, the paint is a really cool color, and I like what you did to the helmet.  The gun sling looks a little unweildy though, I think a holster would be easier.  I also like the kama and the little touches you added to it.  Nice Work!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 12:27 AM by CloneCommander1 »

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: ARC Trooper Blue-by OUTRIDER
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Hey OR!  I never get tired of looking at your customs.  U bring a freshness to the SW universe and your creativity is 2nd to none. 
All i can say is WOWSERS!  I wouldnt change anthing, well maybe stop being so anal your work.  LOL   ;D

Always look forward to seeing your creations.
until next update..........................same time, same SW Channel.  :D
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
Re: hand sculpted animated jawa
« Reply #117 on: October 9, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Here's something a little different from what I usually make.  This is a 100% hand sculpted jawa figure as seen over at thejawa.com.  I always loved their mascot- that cute little animated jawa seen on every page.  This figure hopefully captures that animated character. 

The belts and pouches are made from my usual concoction of belts items.  Hope you like it. 

NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2006, 07:06 AM »
yep u deffinetly hit the mark (again) on this one.  nice paint apps.
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2006, 04:29 PM »
The Jawa is awesome!! Good job!
I remember my dream now.