Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 3  (Read 116271 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Sony PlayStation 3
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2008, 07:59 AM »
I am stuck at the spot where I am disguised as the enemy and there is a blockade in the road. I went up the building everything and have no clue where to go ?  :'(

Sounds like you're trying to contact the resistance. What you need to do is take off the disguise and just use your camo suit... Wait for the resistance member to show up, and then follow him throughout the map. You will need to keep your eye out for enemy sentries, because they'll have to be disabled for the resistance member to progress.

This is a hugely tedious and stupid mission, it may take about 15 minutes of just following this dude quietly through the streets. There are no shortcuts that I know of. On the bright side, once you finish this mission and nap over a good 10 minute intermission of mindless dialogue, there's a really cool level and a pretty decent boss up ahead.

I recently beat Resistance: Fall of Man. I got kind of bored with it, relatively fast. Haven't tried to replay it.

I also played through Metal Gear 3: Subsistence. Very awesome... controls are kid of clunky compared to MGS4, though. I would love to see the Snake Eater on bluray...

I'm looking forward to Force Unleashed and hoping to grasp the concept of LittleBigPlanet in time to pre-order for some sort of exclusive goody.

Should I get involved with their fight at all ?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2008, 08:20 AM »
MGS4 = too many cut scenes.

That is all.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2008, 08:28 AM »

Which part are you at?  There's one part where you follow a guy around in the dark streets of Europe.  There's another section where you fight alongside resistance fighters in the Middle East.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50 AM »

Which part are you at?  There's one part where you follow a guy around in the dark streets of Europe.  There's another section where you fight alongside resistance fighters in the Middle East.

I just got the disguise. I put it on. Up ahead there is a blockade and they are firing against the guys on the other side. All side roads are blocked. I can go up in a balcony walkway where there is a gun in the corner. But if I kill them all, I can't cross the barrier or go on the side streets  :'( ???

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Ah... gotcha.

There's a ladder along the wall on the left of the barrier.  That took me a while to find myself.  Just walk left of the barrier and follow along until you hit the ladder.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2008, 11:35 AM »
So Day 2 in my saga to get the PS3 connected to the wireless network.  I mapped out my entire lower level with my laptop computer.  I'm definitely losing signal when I cross a certain threshold.  My PS3 is about 60ft away from my router and it only seems to be getting between 20-35% signal.  I bought a new range extender which didn't extend the range at all.  Its like my family room has a black hole for wireless signal in it!

So my next step is to either run a cable which I am loath to do as it would require putting two holes in my carpeted floors, running the cable probably 100ft to my PS3 and through my basement which would require a significant cleaning effort to get to (don't want to give the misses a chance to complain about my collection storage do I?) or find an alternative.

I'm thinking of picking up this little contraption.  The reviews seem reasonable on it and heck, what's another $150 right??  :-\

NETGEAR - Powerline A/V Ethernet Adapter Kit

I just wanted to report that I tried out that Net Gear Power adapter and it worked like a charm.  I've got no idea if my "ping" is any good (any way to tell?) but I do know that I was able to download my system update with no issue whatsoever.  I guess now I have to figure out how to use the PS3 in an online mode.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Ah... gotcha.

There's a ladder along the wall on the left of the barrier.  That took me a while to find myself.  Just walk left of the barrier and follow along until you hit the ladder.

Sweet I thought I checked but I will double check again. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks bro.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2008, 10:07 PM »
I suggest you watch a walkthrough on YouTube... there are several of them and they'll even show you how to go through missions without detection.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2008, 10:13 PM »

I don't know what it is about sackboy, but I see this cutesy, kid friendly gameplay and design and I just want to smoke weed and play LittleBigPlanet all day long.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Amazon Gold Box is running video game deals all day, including Gran Turismo 5: Prologue for $23.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Up right now is Blazing Angels 2.  I guess we'll see what the rest of the day holds.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Amazon Gold Box is running video game deals all day, including Gran Turismo 5: Prologue for $23.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Up right now is Blazing Angels 2.  I guess we'll see what the rest of the day holds.

From PS3Fanboy.com:

Amazon is having an All PS3 Gold Box event today. To kick things off, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is on sale for $22.99 today only or while supplies last. According to ZappDeals, who is usually correct, the following selections will be the Lighting Deals for the rest of the day. The deal goes live at each corresponding time. We'll update this post throughout the day with the price and if there are any changes, so stay tuned:

6AM PST | 7AM MST | 8AM CST | 9AM EST: Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII $23.99

10AM PST | 11AM MST | 12PM CST | 1PM EST: Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
12PM PST | 1PM MST | 2PM CST | 3PM EST: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
2PM PST | 3PM MST | 4PM CST | 6PM EST: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
4PM PST | 5PM MST | 6PM CST | 7PM EST: Devil May Cry 4
6PM PST | 7PM MST | 8PM CST | 9PM EST: Haze
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 7, 2008, 05:59 PM »
I'm hearing now that all PS3's on shelves are no longer backwards compatible.  Is this true?  If so, why?  I've got a ton of PS2 games that I don't want to give up.  Granted the Blue Ray player is the selling point for me at least, but I don't get why they'd stop offering that technology in their consoles since there seems to be a fanbase still for the PS2.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #237 on: September 7, 2008, 06:54 PM »
It was a cost savings decision.  The PS3 needed to include one of the graphic chips from the PS2 to offer backward compatibility.    By removing that chip, they save money building the newer PS3s.  Their market research showed most people don't use the feature, so it made sense.

If you can track down the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle somewhere, that's an 80-Gig that still has backward compatibility.  They're sold out in most places,  but people have said they're still finding them at low-traffic stores like Kmarts and stores off the beaten path.

There's a rumor out there that they're working on a patch that'll allow full software emulation of PS2 games.  But I don't know if it's reliable or not.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #238 on: September 8, 2008, 01:18 AM »
I need a new game for the PS3... I might pick up Assassin's Creed, but I was hoping to hold out for LittleBigPlanet or ForceUnleashed.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #239 on: September 8, 2008, 07:34 AM »
You can snag Assassin's Creed for less than $25 off of eBay right now.  That's a pretty cheap way to tide yourself over until LBP.