Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 3  (Read 115670 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sony PlayStation 3
« Reply #585 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Haven't played on my PSP for months either. Sold my 10 games quite a while ago and bought GT for PSP. I think I'll get rid of it one of these days, though.

On the PS3, it's racing games all the way for me: NFS:Shift, F1 2010 and GT5. Tekken 6 not so much anymore, but I'll undoubtedly get back at that too. Really looking forward to Killzone 3 next month, though!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2011, 10:05 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #587 on: May 3, 2011, 12:40 AM »
Finally bought a PS3!  Need some good online games to play.  What do you guys recommend?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #588 on: May 3, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Ha!  Online games.  That's funny.   ;D

Portal 2 is on sale right now for $35 at Amazon.  Hell of a price for a brand new game.  I grabbed one myself.

What sort of online games are you looking for?  Shooters?  RPGs? It'd help to know to make some recommendations.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 3, 2011, 09:05 AM »
If you want to get games online, I have 10 million or so accounts I will sell you for cheap.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 3, 2011, 08:13 PM »
I love need for speed hot pursuit, its alot of fun and the online was great, man I hope they get the network up and running soon, been what 2 weeks now since the network was hacked?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 3, 2011, 08:17 PM »
If you want to get games online, I have 10 million or so accounts I will sell you for cheap.

Just sell me Bill Cable's and Brent's accounts and I'll be set for life!!! >:D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #592 on: May 4, 2011, 01:56 AM »

What sort of online games are you looking for?  Shooters?  RPGs? It'd help to know to make some recommendations.

Troll simulators, mostly.  What do they have in the way of those?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 4, 2011, 09:30 AM »
I can give you a couple of Disney sites that are overrun with them. Good hunting!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2011, 05:05 PM »
Any of you guys ever experienced any "flickering" issues on your PS3 while playing games?  I haven't until I was in the few final stages of Half-Life 2 Ep 2 a few weeks ago and I thought it was just the game, but eversince then it seems all of my games do this after about 30-45mins now into play, but it does not effect the main PS3 menu whatsoever....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2011, 08:16 AM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55 AM »
Any of you guys ever experienced any "flickering" issues on your PS3 while playing games?  I haven't until I was in the few final stages of Half-Life 2 Ep 2 a few weeks ago and I thought it was just the game, but eversince then it seems all of my games do this after about 30-45mins now into play, but it does not effect the main PS3 menu whatsoever....

My inlaws TV does alot of flckering. They don't have game console hooked up to it. Maybe your TV is dying?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2011, 09:42 AM »
My inlaws TV does alot of flckering. They don't have game console hooked up to it. Maybe your TV is dying?

Nope...It's a brand new 47" Vizio.  TV only flickers when I play PS3 games.  TV/DVD/BD all work perfectly with it.  Finally figured out it has something to do with my "vintage" receiver that doesn't have HDMI so I tried my ps3 on other tv's in my house that don't have surround sound and it's been purring like a kitten.  Even disconnected all the sound cables on the Vizio and viola - kitten.  Odd that sound output would cause the screen to flicker, but ya, either need a new receiver or I have to do some tweeking on my sound settings.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I go HDMI direct to my TV and optical to my receiver, and don't have any sort of flickering.  You need to make sure your outputs are set up correctly on the PS3 settings.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 3, 2011, 12:31 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/01/sony-patent-reveals-biometric-ps3-controller-and-handheld/

Biometric Controller?  Not sure I want enemies in my games knowing I'm stressed, but kinda neat....maybe.