Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 3  (Read 115679 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Sony PlayStation 3
« Reply #465 on: November 2, 2009, 10:39 AM »
I don't think the fan kicking up on the 80-Gig is unusual.

For budget games, Assassin's Creed was very enjoyable.  Some complained that the side missions were too similar (there's really only about 5 types of missions, and you do each over and over in each new region) but I enjoyed each and pretty much cleared the entire game (minus flag hunting) in my first play-through.  Grand Theft Auto IV should be pretty cheap at this point, same with Metal Gear Solid 4.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #466 on: November 2, 2009, 10:51 AM »
I'll probably buy Assassin's Creed after I play through the other games I've got ordered. I'm really hoping Fallout 3 (Game of the Year) isn't as glitchy as people are screaming... Same goes for Uncharted 1, actually.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #467 on: November 2, 2009, 10:54 AM »
iFett, I've got the 80G MGSIV model... I put it on a little stool so that whenever I want to play, I pull it out towards the center of the room to make sure it gets all the air it needs. I hear my fan, but it isn't distracting for me...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #468 on: November 2, 2009, 11:15 AM »
I never had any problems with Fallout 3.  I didn't play every side mission, though... just the ones I came across naturally.  I plan on picking up the GOTY edition sometime down the line to play all the DLC missions.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #469 on: November 2, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I can't help myself, I really want to buy Borderlands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aur7uADSAY

I dunno, I'm just drawn to it.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #470 on: November 2, 2009, 01:48 PM »
Yeah, that's one I definitely plan to pick up as well.  I love the cell-shaded style.  Very cool.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #471 on: November 2, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Bill, are you getting Modern Warfare 2?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #472 on: November 2, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Nah... that game's multi-player is just too hard-core for me.  It's no fun playing casually when it's non-stop me getting pwn3d.  I might pick it up down the line for the single player campaign, which is supposed to be decent but I doubt it's worth the full price of admission.

Offline jediraven82

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 2, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Nah... that game's multi-player is just too hard-core for me.  It's no fun playing casually when it's non-stop me getting pwn3d.  I might pick it up down the line for the single player campaign, which is supposed to be decent but I doubt it's worth the full price of admission.

Bill, the multiplayer is anything but hardcore.  Infinity Ward now caters to the lowest common denominator.  Anyone can pick this game up and be decent because it no longer takes any skill.  That's the only reason why this game is popular.  Only Call of Duty games that were hardcore were the original and its expansion, United Offensive.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #474 on: November 2, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Yeah, the perks totally ****** up what was actually a very balanced formula. In the United Offensive days, riflemen were the ones who set the tone. In Modern Warfare, riflemen are pretty sparse on account of the reduced damage of the rifles and the increased accuracy and range of the SMG.

I've been using a Dragunov, lately. With Stopping Power and Deep Impact perks, I still have to hit a target up to three times in the torso to kill. Lame.

Offline jediraven82

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 2, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Yeah, they really ruined the rifles.  I gave up CoD4 right away once I realized that a .50 cal sniper shot doesn't kill a person right away which is completely retarded.  I would LOVE to see some of these guys who've only played CoD4 and WaW(which is one of the worst games ever made)try playing CoD and UO.  They would get annihilated.

When Battlefield 1943 first came out you could very easily pick out the players who had only played CoD4 and WaW.  They would always use the Thompson and try to kill you from a mile away because for some stupid reason you can actually do that in WaW.  I would just laugh at them as I smoked them with my rifle.

Enough about crappy games though because tomorrow I am picking up my Collector's Edition of Dragon Age: Origins at Gamestop.  I've got it ordered for the 360 but from everything I've heard the 360 and PS3 versions are exactly the same.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #476 on: November 2, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Yeah, in my UO days I would seriously turn those noobs out with the bolt action. No, really, they'd be doing tricks on the corner of Carentan by the end of the match. In Modern Warfare you can tell the dev's just stat'd the rifles that looked coolest. How else can you explain a fiddy not being a one shot kill on any part of the body?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #477 on: November 18, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Walmart Black Friday:  Playstation 3 Console w/Infamous & Batman Arkham Asylum Games + Dark Knight Blu-ray - $299

That's just a FANTASTIC deal.

I finished earning the platinum trophy in Uncharted 2 and have been playing Braid the past week.  Braid is really compelling.  You really need to bend your mind to get through it.  I've beaten worlds 2 through 5 and have one puzzle piece left to get in 6.  Funny thing... I'll play at these tough pieces for like half an hour, give up and turn it off, then just keep thinking about the solution in the back of my head until the solution pops into it.  It's rare that a game stays on my mind like that.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 18, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Wow...and I thought the $100 off was a good deal....sigh    ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 19, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Yeah, in my UO days I would seriously turn those noobs out with the bolt action. No, really, they'd be doing tricks on the corner of Carentan by the end of the match. In Modern Warfare you can tell the dev's just stat'd the rifles that looked coolest. How else can you explain a fiddy not being a one shot kill on any part of the body?

Best.  Video.  Ever.  British kid cries over Modern Warfare 2
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback