Author Topic: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread  (Read 48639 times)

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 9, 2008, 10:29 AM »
If you are over correcting fairly consistently I'd try turning down your sensitivity a notch or two and playing with it lower for a while. Your close combat game will suffer from that, as you can't turn as quickly but it should help improve your aim. Once you start to get used to it you can work your way back to a higher sensitivity. When your target is moving you are going to want to aim just in front of them, unless they are pretty close to you. Try keeping your cross hairs at head level at all times. I'm almost always looking slightly upwards. The less you have to move the crashairs when someone comes onto your screen the better chance you have at killing them. ALWAYS ditch the assault rifle in favor of a battle rifle in games when you don't start out with one. Use the BR whenever you have the chance and just work on headshots. As soon as you can get decent with it the BR will beat an AR almost everytime unless it is at extreme close range. It's hard to explain a lot of this because I've just been doing it for as long as I've been playing Halo, so your best bet too will be to watch film clips in the theater. If you really get your ass handed to you and it seems the other team is getting headshots every time, go back in and watch what the other players do, and compare it to yourself. Theater is a great way to get better, just study and observe better players and you will start to pick up a few things.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:21 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2008, 09:18 AM »
The problem with theater is that I usually never see who hits me. :P

Half-joking aside, I'm a huge BR fan. I know once I get better at the head shots it'll improve my game.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I've slowly been improving my game.

I'm using the BR much more these days.

As well, I've greatly improved my skill with stickies. Finally got the Lee R Wilson memorial achievement. (5 sticks in a match)

All weekend I was using the stickie more and more. I think it's funny when people think they have me dead to rights, only to hear their screams in abject horror at having been stuck in the face.

Oh and I've started playing Campaign again (with my bro-in-law) to get the points achievements. I'll get those 1000 gamer points eventually...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 3, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Now that Ryan's back up, we must do the often talked about, but yet to be scheduled Halo night.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 3, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Well, just let me know. I'm on every freakin' night...

STILL trying to rank to 20...gawd. And it will suck even then as I have enough experience that I'll automatically go up to Staff Captain. I need to hit 30-35 before my experience and skill somewhat level out.

I didn't know it back when, but it really ended up hurting being in a clan of noobs and that we lost a lot of games early on. It's that much more difficult for me to rank up now. But I'm NOT starting a second account. In my mind that's cheating. (Though not according to an article on Bungie.net.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Okay, so I played the other night and there was literally only about 3000 people on line, total. What was the deal?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Okay, so I played the other night and there was literally only about 3000 people on line, total. What was the deal?

Was that just for the particular game you were playing?

I know when I play skirmish or big team, the pop count is low. But Slayer usually has a high count.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2008, 09:52 AM »

Was that just for the particular game you were playing?

I know when I play skirmish or big team, the pop count is low. But Slayer usually has a high count.

No, there were less than 300 people in each Team Swat and Team slayer (ranked.) Total on-line population was something like 2989. Weird.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58 AM »

It is a glitch in Bungie's server or it was hacked. It has happend once or twice when I've been on, it was well over 140,000 then it suddenly drops down to 8000 total online. Rumble Pit has said it has 6 total people online before when I was in it yet it still finds games almost instantly, and I've found games when it says no one is playing in other playlists.

We still need that to have that JD Halo night at some point...
"This is the way."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2008, 08:35 AM »

It is a glitch in Bungie's server or it was hacked. It has happend once or twice when I've been on, it was well over 140,000 then it suddenly drops down to 8000 total online. Rumble Pit has said it has 6 total people online before when I was in it yet it still finds games almost instantly, and I've found games when it says no one is playing in other playlists.

We still need that to have that JD Halo night at some point...

Agreed on the game night. We bring it up every once in awhile, but then it just gets lost in the shuffle.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I agree, I've just been super busy. If we can get a time frame, I'll make some time.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2008, 12:16 AM »
I agree, I've just been super busy. If we can get a time frame, I'll make some time.

Ant what's your gamertag again?? And have we made friends on 360 yet?

I'm JediMasterSal 0 (that is a space then a zero at the end...)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2008, 09:35 AM »

Antonfussypants. You're on my friends list and we have played.  ;)

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Antonfussypants.

There has to be a story behind that name!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:13 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2008, 04:20 PM »

Antonfussypants. You're on my friends list and we have played.  ;)

AH yes that's right. But, J/C it's been a long time since we've played together (waiting for this to be misquoted).