Author Topic: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread  (Read 48437 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2008, 01:04 PM »
The Famine skull is the one thats on the beam in The Ark level. You pretty much have to almost blow yourself up with a grenade to get it.

Forgot to ask if anyone find The Simpsons Game for under $15 bucks at Target could you pick it up for me? The last one around here got bought up at 25 bucks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:20 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2008, 03:40 PM »
The Famine skull is the one thats on the beam in The Ark level. You pretty much have to almost blow yourself up with a grenade to get it.

Forgot to ask if anyone find The Simpsons Game for under $15 bucks at Target could you pick it up for me? The last one around here got bought up at 25 bucks.

Wait what??? I got all of the skulls and don't recall having to do that at all. I used the shield. I dropped it down near the upright where the skull is located, jumped on top of the shield, them on to the neck of the upright, walked right up and picked it up.

The one that seemingly took me forever was the one that was in the uppermost cubby hole. Gack, I used that friggin' gravity boost I don't know how many times before finally getting it..
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2008, 03:46 AM »
See that would of been much easier. Too bad I didn't have a shield to use.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I got one of the one wheeled vehicles up there, positioned it just right and jumped up.

FYI, guys, I'm going offline for a while, so if you don't see me on, feel free to check my party details and send me an invite.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Can someone explain to me why after completing the game on Legendary that I only got the Normal achivement? I'm not sure why it didn't give the other two to me or at least the Legendary one.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2008, 10:59 AM »
Can someone explain to me why after completing the game on Legendary that I only got the Normal achivement? I'm not sure why it didn't give the other two to me or at least the Legendary one.

Hmm, that's VERY peculiar. It should have unlocked all of them for you. Contact Bungie (the manufacturers). Try Bungie.net maybe you can get some help there. They will most likely ask for your gamertag to view your profile to verify what you are saying.

Good luck. I think this weekend I'm going to complete it on Heroic, then next weekend move on to Legendary. I've kind of hit a plateau in multiplayer. Can't seem to get past skill 13 and Lt rank. Then again, I haven't been playing with the most skilled players either to help me rank up. I'm finally getting better at "sticking" grenades though. "I'm an excellent driver"...

Has anyone else downloaded the new Legendary maps? Cost is 800 MS points. I did. Wow they are cool. I think I might like Avalanche the best. However Ghost Town has some real promise as it has tight quaters. Blackout is ok, however I'm not a fan of maps you can just fall off of. (Though there is a small portion of that to watch out for on Avalanche). I haven't played a match there yet as it just came out yesterday and the guys I normally play with haven't bought the maps yet. So I just went in to Forge and walked around to see where I could get to and where weapons and equipment is.

Avalanche is a HUGE map. Great for Team Slayer and Big Team match ups.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Bump?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Well someone over at xbox360achievements helped me out, I just had to watch the very first of the first mission on Legendary as I switched the difficulty from Normal to Legendary after the first cut scene. Weird but it worked out.

I'm now down to play some online multiplayer, as I downloaded the new maps. Hit me up with a invite.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Well I beat the game on Legendary and since I was unfamiliar with the Halo franchise I was really impressed with it. I wasn't patient with the end credits so I missed the whole scene at the end.

I really hated the Flood, those things that would hang on the walls and snipe you but also could land on the ground and transform into bigger Flood were really annoying especially on the Cortana level. I was surprised on how simple the end level was.

All in all it was a very good game.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Thanks Matt for the bump. I didn't know there was a Halo 3 specific thread. I'll be using this one more often now, instead of the generic 360 thread.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Well someone over at xbox360achievements helped me out, I just had to watch the very first of the first mission on Legendary as I switched the difficulty from Normal to Legendary after the first cut scene. Weird but it worked out.

I'm now down to play some online multiplayer, as I downloaded the new maps. Hit me up with a invite.

Shweet!

I'll be on tonight. Though not until later as I'm not picked up from work until 6pm and tonight is a gym night. I'll work out until 8pm, get home around 8:30. But from then until about 11:30, I'll be up for some gaming. I really want to try out those new maps.

MetalJedi, which maps did you get? There is the Heroic set for free, then there is the Legendary set that just came out yesterday.  I have both sets.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2008, 12:34 AM »
I downloaded both.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2008, 10:46 AM »
I downloaded both.  ;D

Cool. I was on last night but didn't see you.

Oh for you and everyone else who has or will download the new Legendary maps, there will be a contest the weekend of April 25-27. You must register first to be eligible for prizes. Registration is free, however you must already have the Legendary maps installed on your XBox 360 to qualify and you must have played a multiplayer match on one of the maps by the end of that weekend.

Here's the link on XBox.com: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/legendaryweekend/playandwin.htm or check your dashboards and follow the links in there to register.

Also we will have the chance to play against Halo "Ambassadors" as well as a chick group (their name fails me at the moment, but it's within the dashboard link to the contest).

MetalJedi, you or anyone else who has downloaded this map set, look for me tonight. I'll be on and raring to play on the new Legendary maps! Gamertag: JediMasterSal 0 (that's a space then a zero after it)

-Sal
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:54 AM by jedi_master_sal »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2008, 10:47 AM »
For anyone who has or will download the new Legendary maps, there will be a contest the weekend of April 25-27. You must register first to be eligible for prizes. Registration is free, however you must already have the Legendary maps installed on your XBox 360 to qualify and you must have played a multiplayer match on one of the maps by the end of that weekend.

Here's the link on XBox.com: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/legendaryweekend/playandwin.htm or check your dashboards and follow the links in there to register.

Also we will have the chance to play against Halo "Ambassadors" as well as a chick group (their name fails me at the moment, but it's within the dashboard link to the contest).

MetalJedi, you or anyone else who has downloaded this map set, look for me tonight. I'll be on and raring to play on the new Legendary maps! Gamertag: JediMasterSal 0 (that's a space then a zero after it)

-Sal
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:53 AM by jedi_master_sal »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Just a note for anyone who's having trouble getting those skill points. I had been stuck in a rut on team slayer forever. Weeks. Can't get past 17, always getting stuck on crappy teams. Well, Lone Wolves seems to be the ticket, made it to 20 in no time flat.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."