Author Topic: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread  (Read 48426 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2009, 10:18 AM »
And wouldn't you know it, I got the Came From Behind achievement on Assembly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I got the Came From Behind achievement.

That's what she said.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2009, 10:18 AM »
I completely forgot to Ask Ryan and Sal, how the heck did you guys get the Killtacular achievements on a four team play list?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2009, 06:55 PM »
I completely forgot to Ask Ryan and Sal, how the heck did you guys get the Killtacular achievements on a four team play list?

I got mine while playing that Griff ball shite, if you don't get it now one of the last three Mythic maps will probably be a big team map and you should be able to do it then.
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2009, 07:49 PM »
I like Grifball. My one complaint with the Mythic maps is there's too much of the BR invovled with them. Of course that means I'm **** with the Battle Rifle but still every other game had something to do with the BR.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Ant, I got mine the same as Ryan.

It's very easy in a Grifball match to get.

Zombies are the DXP this weekend. I'll be going for the 2 Mythic Achievements for this. They are both similar. In one you need to kill two Zombies, the other kill two humans (while you are a zombie).  Simple!

Once I get those, I think I'll be set on my first account for achievements until ODST comes out.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Does anyone know how long they're planning to keep the Team Mythic playlist?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2009, 03:18 PM »
I suspect the Mythic playlist will end as of May 31st.

Why? Because during May several of the playlists are Mythic required, while others are Mythic optional. Bungie has already stated that one a map pack for a playlist is listed as optional the next month it becomes required.

So I'd venture to guess June the Mythic playlist goes away while the map packs themselves are absorbed into normal matchmaking.

I'm actually looking forward to this in ranked matches.

I wish it would have had it's own ranked playlist instead of being put into the DLC or other playlists though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15 AM »
1 down a million (or more) to go.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2009, 01:24 AM »
When I get mine running again though, I'll simply be the next new *******.  :-[
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 8, 2009, 11:11 AM »
In my obsession with trying to get the Killtacular achievement in Griffball this weekend, I got my my first ever Killatasrophy medal.

I know I can get the Killtacular. I got several last night, but they were always on the Foundry board. Every time I got the Sandbox board, I kept playing the same players who finished the game waaay too fast.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2009, 10:49 AM »
The Mythic Brawl Double XP playlist has been helpful to me in knocking off some of those lone wolves achievements this weekend. The thing that I don't get is that it's ranked and I've been more focused on the Achievements then on winning, so despite losing a lot, I keep going up in rank.  ???

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2009, 06:57 PM »
The Mythic Brawl Double XP playlist has been helpful to me in knocking off some of those lone wolves achievements this weekend. The thing that I don't get is that it's ranked and I've been more focused on the Achievements then on winning, so despite losing a lot, I keep going up in rank.  ???

That's part of what makes Lone Wolves easier to rank up in. You don't have to win to rank up, you just have to place in the top half of people. So when you have a bigger list of people like that, you can still place in 6th and be ranking up. Placing in 1st will rank you up faster, but it is very hard not to rank up in special ranked playlists like that. Bungie has had ranked Zombie playlists on Halloween before, and I don think you could ever go down a level, you keep going up, or you eventually plateau. They must have the rank in that playlist set-up differently.
"This is the way."