Author Topic: The Findswoman's Customs: 6/25: VTSC-style Zuckuss (is anyone surprised?)  (Read 27855 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Since so many customizers here have their own threads for posting their new custom figures, I thought I'd do the same -- if the mods and such approve, that is.

And for my first post on this thread, I offer a simple but (hopefully) satisfying custom that I've had planned for some time yet only recently acquired the parts for (thanks to Pendragon!).  This is Baron Fel, sometime Imperial TIE fighter ace and eventual defector to the Rebellion, in TIE pilot's attire.  The body and helmet are from the Saga TIE Pilot, and the head and neck -- which took some dremeling to attach properly -- are from ROTS Bail Organa. 

I'm still working on my helmet hollowing technique, but this one fits reasonably well, and has only 3 holes instead of 4!  :D  Note also that I have two chest boxes for this figure: one with tubes, for when he wears the helmet, and one without tubes, for when he doesn't.

And now, without further ado...

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:25 PM by findswoman »

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs - est. May 14, '06
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:59 AM »
Lol, Findswoman. Nice use of parts for Fel,  however the Bail head looks like Bail of course.  But some reference photos, paint apps, and maybe a little scuplty could fix that.  It is a close resembalence though, so it is a good idea to use Bail's head.

Can't wait to see more of your work.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:37 AM »
Damn, am I the only one that likes that head? I think it's perfect. But, then again, I didn't think the head actually looked like Jimmy Smits' to begin with.

Maybe it's the eyebrows? You could make him look sterner buy moving the eybrowns down....

Maybe you just shouldn't listen to my advice ;)

Either way, I think he looks pretty cool...

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Thanks for the posts & comments, guys!  :)

VF/501, 'fraid I think I agree with Pendragon about the head.  I too have never thought that the Bail Organa head looked all that much like Jimmy Smits, but the first time I saw it in the store I thought, "Aha!  Fel!"  and planned to use it someday to make this figure.  However I can double check what reference photos I can get my hands on just to be sure. 

Someone on another board is telling me that his colors should be different to represent the 181st squadron, too.  What are those colors, anyone know? 

Thanks again, and happy customizing!

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Very cool figure so far Findswoman. There are some details that are missing though. As you can see he has red strips going down the sides. In this version he also has the white chest plate. He also has the white imperial logos on the sleves. Another one I saw is a normal tie pilot with red strips. The head works well for the comic book version since he has the facial hair. This guy would make a great group project.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Okay, red arm & leg stripes, gray breastplate.  Got that.  Thanks so much for putting those photos there, Phruby!  I'll give those colors a go.   :)

He would indeed make a great group project -- definitely go for it!

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 10:35 AM »
It's great to see you start your own thread here, we need more established customizers like yourself to do so.   :)

Great looking custom, especially the duel chest boxes!  Great thinking!

:)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 10:44 AM »

You've just GOT to do these 2 Finds!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 11:09 AM »
Great to see the inaugural custom on your own thread!

Very cool custom, FINDS!  Great choice of parts and I love how versatile the figure is, with the hollowed helmet and two chest boxes!

Very well done and I look forward to seeing more of your great work grace these pages!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 11:54 AM »

Those two would definately rock. You sooo need to do these.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Im anxious to see her tackle those 2 myself. I like the Fel, that bail head actually works very well. The saga tie pilot is probably the route Im going to take with my Fel. As usual youve done an excellent job. Now that youve got your own index thread hows about showing off some of your older stuff. ;)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs - Plourr Ilo (older custom)
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Thanks so much for the comments, everyone!

Believe me, I've been wanting to make these two every since I first saw that wedding scene in my copy of Blood and Honor!  The Soontir would be pretty easy -- just stick the Bail head or some such on a repainted Ozzel (anyone got one for trade?  :) ).  Wynnsa/Syal will be a good bit harder.  Perhaps some (heavily repainted) Ayy Vida parts for the bodice?  I'd have to think further about the head, though. 

Darth Ennis, I've got tons of older stuff at http://www.findswoman.net! :)  But what the heck, since we're on the topic of Rogue Squadron comic books, I may as well showcase my two versions of Plourr Ilo, the Warrior Princess.  (Don't be afraid to click on the link -- I'm not using Geocities anymore!  :D )

More to come very soon, I hope, especially a BIG 12" custom with TONS of soft goods...

... the Findswoman

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Esther,
I love that you've started your own thread.  You should show off more of your customs here and put a link to your website in your signature file!!

I was looking at your custom of Plourr Ilo (very nice!) and was wondering if that same Leia body could be modified for Wynnsa??

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Finds, Fel looks great! I made this guy a long time ago and i wish i waited since fodder these days is so much better. You did his character justice.
One suggestion is that his neck looks a bit long, maybe sculpting the turtleneck pice of his flightsuit on will solve that. Then when the helmet is on, there wont be that much space.
Great chocie of parts.
I too think you should do the wedding scene.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Esther,
I love that you've started your own thread.  You should show off more of your customs here and put a link to your website in your signature file!!

There is a link to my website in my signature file, darlin'!

As for Wynssa, I don't know if that PLC Ceremonial Leia would work without a LOT of modification.  The shape of Leia's bodice and Wynssa's are completely different (Wynssa's got the halter top, Leia has a boatneck) -- and we all know from that other Plourr what a klutz I am at dremel sanding!  I'll keep looking around for something, though.  Maybe Oola might work, even... assuminmg I can get my claws on one...

Glassman, thanks for the comments!  I do indeed plan to sand down his neck and generally try to make it look more convincing (as well as add at least red stripes to his uniform).  More on that to come, I hope!

... the Findswoman