Author Topic: The Findswoman's Customs: 6/25: VTSC-style Zuckuss (is anyone surprised?)  (Read 27705 times)

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
Re: The Findswoman's Customs - est. May 14, '06
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 03:14 PM »
What about the ROTS Luminara Torso for the bodice?  Instead of dremeling you can use an xacto knife to remove the necklace, then add a thin line of epoxy to denote the edge of the fabric.

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 05:26 PM »
8) nice use of the saga tie pilot.  Love the duel-removable helmet.
:( expression on his face should be different maybe.  coloring like previously stated.
:P jimmy smits is a dweeb....
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Nice Baron Soontir Fel figure.  The only thing that I don't like about it is the Saga TIE Pilot arms, I never liked them.  Of course, that's hasbro's fault. 

Checking through your customs page, I love the 12" Zuckuss (on homeworld) upgrade and the female Gand figure.  They are excellent!
I'm kinda getting into 1/6th scale customizing (those hasbro upgrades that I did a while ago were a lot of fun).  I am going to make a 12" Leon the Professional, so I might need to ask you for some tips since you are the Goddess of Softgoods.   ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 05:16 PM »
since you seem to be an expert on Gands, FW, is that a mask that covers their whole head or that actually what their head looks like?
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 05:18 PM »
Hey Esther,
Sorry I didn't get to your thread sooner. :-[ I'm glad you finally started a thread here.

Your are off to a good start on Fel. I really like how you made two sperat chest boxes. It alwasys looks goofy when the tubes are just kind of floating by the face. He looks good with the helmet on and off. :) I actually don't mind the Bail Organa head. I agree the neck may be a tad long, perhaps you could trim it down or like Glassman said, you could sculpt a turtleneck on to hide it a bit. I look forward to seeing the updated version!
"This is the way."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Thanks for the continued interest & comments, people!

Just a quick (but unfortunately photoless) update on Baron Fel: As per people's much-appreciated input, I have repainted Fel with red stripes and a gray breastplate, and have done a bit of sculpting to his hair and to his turtleneck.  Photos to come tomorrow, if all goes well. 

Tykrazen, if I have a spare Lumi in the ol' bodies bin, I'll give that a try.  That sounds like it could work.  The only thing is -- and I'm usually not one to worry about this, but -- the bosom on that figure may not be big enough...

Gregor, thanks for visiting the site!  Glad you liked wha you saw.  I have a 12" male pants pattern around somewhere, which I may be able to scan in and send you -- do keep me posted on your Leon custom.  I'd be glad to help out in whatever way I can.

RollaJedi, about the Gand helmet, I've actually been wondering that myself!  I have heard it called both a mask (implying covering just the face) and a helmet (implying covering whole head), so it's a bit ambiguous.  One piece of evidence for the latter, though, is the strange sort of "collar"-like piece at the back of Zuckuss's head in both 3.75" and 12" figures (see, for example, this image).  That "collar" wouldn't seem to make much sense unless it were part of a helmet.   In any case, though, if it is a helmet, it's one that conforms pretty closely to the natural shape of their heads.  Just a thought -- hope it makes some sense. 

Ryan, thanks for posting!  Actually, the two separate chest boxes weren't part of the original plan.  They kind of happened serendipitously.  I already had the box WITH tubes in my fodder bin.  The box WITHOUT tubes, however, I received in trade from Pendragon along with the pilot body.  I hadn't been expecting it -- he just threw it in out of the goodness of his heart, and the tubes were already cut off.  So it was just one of those things!

More to come soon, along with hopefully some new photos of Soontir and maybe... just maybe... something completely different.  :)

... The Findswoman

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Esther,
I love that you've started your own thread.  You should show off more of your customs here and put a link to your website in your signature file!!

There is a link to my website in my signature file, darlin'!

Sorry, how did I ever miss that?!?!   ;)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Gregor, thanks for visiting the site!  Glad you liked wha you saw.  I have a 12" male pants pattern around somewhere, which I may be able to scan in and send you -- do keep me posted on your Leon custom.  I'd be glad to help out in whatever way I can.

Thanks Finds!  I ordered some clothing and accessories from www.ToySoldierBrigade.com (I think you gave me that link a while ago, if so, thanks a lot, that guy is great!).  I need to make the ammo harness that he wears, I'm going to try to pick up some fake leather today at the fabric store, so hopefully that will turn out alright.  I'm pretty sure I'll need to ask you for some tips on this custom...  :P
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 12:15 PM »
I've redone the Baron a bit.  He's now got the proper 2/181st red stripes and a gray breastplate, and a black turtleneck to cover the neck gap and long neck.  I've also done a bit of snading and repainting on the head.  Though gosh, even after all the work I put in, it STILL seems to look a heck of a lot like the Bail head... Oh well, you guys can tell me!  :)

Enjoy!

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:38 PM by findswoman »

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs - Baron Fel Updated (5/19)
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 01:13 PM »
yours and hembles are so cool
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 04:25 PM »
I thought it looked good before, but the red highlights make it look dead on. AS far as I'm concerned the head is now a Baron Fel head. ;D

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Esther, the updated version looks great!

The red and grey really make it look like Fel. I like the mods to the hair and the eyebrows. If you still think it looks too much like Bail you could connect the mustache under to nose. The neck looks much better with the sculpted collar too. Great work! :)
"This is the way."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments, everyone, and for coming to visit!

Today's update, I'm afraid to say, is not SW-related.  Do we have any aficionados of P. G. Wodehouse out there?  If so, then this'll be right up your alley.  Here's my 4" custom figure renditions of Bertie Wooster and his manservant Jeeves, Wodehouse's two most famous characters. (Wodehouse's Jeeves is the namesake of AskJeeves.com.)

Jeeves and Wooster

And Bertie Wooster may not be a SW character, but he is made 100% of SW parts (except for props like his hat). 

Do enjoy, everyone!  Star Wars-related stuff coming soon, I promise...  :o

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Fantastic changes to the Baron. He looks alot better now and closer to the reference. I always thought that Bail looked more like Dracula than the Baron but this will defiantely do. Unless you want to use that new Han Solo figure and paint a gote on it. That might be as close as you can get.

Very cool set of figures for Wodehouse. I've never heard of this before. I guess its about these two going on adventures right? Is it a sci-fi thing like Dr.Who? By the way, when are you going to make the Doctor?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Im not familliar with the source material, but I think the figs look very good. I think its good do projects from other genres every once in a while. I keeps you from getting burned out.