Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126924 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Gah!  I pm'd Steve, but I'm interested in the Luke as it is.  Y'see, gramps eyesight is failing, so he neglected to notice there was no Luke in my assortment.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2004, 02:18 PM »
 :-[

Gramps, indeed.  Senile as a mutha' these days, I tell ya'...  Yesterday I locked my keys in the car - AND LEFT IT RUNNING TOO.

The day before, I actually managed to roll the window up on my own hand.  Didn't even realize what I was doing.  One hand was enjoying the breeze, while the other hand thought it a bit cold so it decided to (electronically) roll the window up.  Unfortunately, neither hand (nor my brain) communicated with eachother.  Ow.

Anyway, back to the Bust-Ups.  Yeah, first come first serve!  Not even sure if Hemish wants to do that, but figured I'd mention it.  I'm too lazy to scroll backwards to see if someone else needs it more!   :-*

Dec. 30th on the Stormies, eh?  Cool.  Hadn't seen that (or at least not in a long while).  Looking forward to getting them pretty soon then.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Gah!  I pm'd Steve, but I'm interested in the Luke as it is.  Y'see, gramps eyesight is failing, so he neglected to notice there was no Luke in my assortment.

Well, it looked like a damn Luke in the box, that's all I can say.  ::)   :-*

And seeing as we're all listing our Bust Up duplicates, I have an extra Han, Yoda, Leia and Leia variant if anyone is interested.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2004, 01:22 AM »

Dec. 30th on the Stormies, eh?  Cool.  Hadn't seen that (or at least not in a long while).  Looking forward to getting them pretty soon then.

Changed the shipping date today to January 2005 ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: January 1, 2005, 01:38 AM »
Got Dooku and Emperor today as well as all of Series 1 except 3PO.  Still need that SOB >:(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 1, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Pretty sure I have an extra from my case, Scott.  You need?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: January 2, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Nick

I actually just got them all yesterday at Sam Goody.  Found all of Series 1 and the Dooku and Emperor I needed :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 2, 2005, 01:34 PM »

I'm on the fence on these, thought about it but its probably something I'll pass on.  Not really interested too much in SW right now I guess :-\

Six months changes a lot.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 2, 2005, 05:30 PM »
How's this for luck: I bought six of the Stormtrooper mini busts, 'cause I wanted to have 1 of each in all the different posistions. Inside of each box, GG but one of their bust-ups. In each Stormtrooper, I got Princess Leia. 6 of her.

So today, I go back to the shop, and my friend has Luke X-Wing Pilot and Gam Guard for me. Take 'em home, and they also have a bonus bust-up. Leia. Twice. Again. That makes 8 Princess Leia bust-ups, and not even one variant one either  ::)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 2, 2005, 06:20 PM »
That makes 8 Princess Leia bust-ups, and not even one variant one either  ::)

Ouch!  You'd think GG could be a little more helpful here and used a couple different bust-ups.  Surely they must have known that a few people were going to be buying more than one Stormtrooper mini-bust.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 2, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Well, I know other guys who got different bust ups when they bought the Stormtroopers. I guess because I bought so many and they all came from the same case, they might have used the same bust up on each case?

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 2, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Well, I know other guys who got different bust ups when they bought the Stormtroopers. I guess because I bought so many and they all came from the same case, they might have used the same bust up on each case?

Yup, each case included 1 style of Bust-Up.  I had 2 Stormtrooper cases, 1 with Leia chase and 1 with C-3PO.  Luke X-wing case all had Leia regular and G. Guard case had all Han Solo.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: January 3, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Got one Leia and one 3PO Bust-up with my Stormtrooper and X-Wing Luke busts.

So who all's getting in on the AFX (or AHQ) Holo Sith Lords Bust-ups?  I guess I'll be buying those separately there, since they're only free with a CASE of Bust-Ups.

Still not much in the way of Series 2 on eBay yet, unfortunately...

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 3, 2005, 04:51 PM »

So who all's getting in on the AFX (or AHQ) Holo Sith Lords Bust-ups?  I guess I'll be buying those separately there, since they're only free with a CASE of Bust-Ups.

I thought about that Matt, but since I have all of series 2 sans Dooku, I don't know.  But then the deal part of me says its a good deal.  Who knows what I'll do?   ;D
« Last Edit: January 3, 2005, 04:52 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 3, 2005, 05:07 PM »

chuckles has us covered, he already ordered the Holo Sith Lords back when the link first appeared. 

Just waiting on EE to unload their trucks, I presume, so that Series 2 will start popping up on ebay.  I expect once they start shipping, the market will be flooded. 

Already sold off my second set to Dave, hoping that I end up with one of each Vader and Maul chase, leaving me only three of each to sell off locally, something that should be pretty easy to do. 

Still expecting an IG-88 chase in series 3 ;)