Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126809 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2005, 03:44 AM »
I think they are supposed to be "ice" versions of the regular figures.
meh, I don`t collect the variants in this line anyway, so no biggie to me,
but if I did I would be pretty pissed. Maybe do ONE in ice, not all of them!
Imagine if Medicom did this with kubricks? 6 chases per set? WAAAAHHHH!!  :o :o :-\
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Me Wantee

Well.....  I dunno, for sure anyway.  It looks a lot like one of the original black hole stormtroopers to me.  Do they do AP stuff for hunks of plastic?  I wouldn't think so, but who knows.  My opinion (and it ain't worth ****) is that this is just a regular blackhole variant, nothing more. 

I think the price is nuts.  The blue clone usually runs around $25-30 by itself and most of the blackhole stormies have gone for around the same amount of coin, at least the auctions that happened later.  The problem though has been that there have been very, very few of the blackhole dudes on ebay of late, so maybe some nutbars are really willing to pay anything to be complete.  I know I want the two I don't yet have, but no way am I going above $30 on either one. 

Not so impressed to see the holo/ice versions ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Got my shipping confirmation for the ROTS Clone Bust-Ups 4-pack from SWShop today.  Says they will be here 12/23....we'll see....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2005, 11:20 AM »
I'm pretty excited for the Hoth wave, but I could do without the holo/ice variants as well.  Especially having one for each figure in the wave, that might be getting a little ridiculous.  Like others have mentioned, I'm not a completist, so I don't really care if I get these variants, but I feel for those who want to.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Got my DC for my clones today also.  I should be getting them anytime now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2005, 12:04 PM »
There's a third one posted at RS.  It's the one with the rifle.  I'm thinking there's a blackhole one for every arm variation.  I'm just going to dip my in paint, that solves that problem.   :P

Ok, the rifle version exists, as indicated here and there's probably pictures over at RS of it as well.  I have the blaster version and there's a third as well, but I'm going out on a limb here and saying that ebay auction dude is somewhat full of crap.  If the blackhole stormies are going for that much now, I'll be just fine and dandy with the one I have. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2005, 12:23 PM »
I have absolutely no desire to get the "ice" versions of the Hoth Bust-Ups (just like I don't have the holo or glow-in-the-dark Spirits of the Rebellion).  I like the painted figures so much more because the "holo"-ing of them makes it so much harder to see the details.

I'm still excited the get the Hoth figures, but won't bother tracking down the chases.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Got them, no Gree.   :(

Battle Damage:
Blue only has damge to the helmet, yellow has some on his right shoudler, and the others are all damaged.

Clean:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2005, 04:50 PM »
That's, uh, a bit hard to tell apart from that pic.  I see the damage clearly on the grey, the white looks scruffy on the arm and I'll take your word for it on the blue. 

Hoping for more damage on mine. :-\

Oops, thanks for the pic. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 04:50 PM by Morgbug »

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2005, 01:32 AM »
Anybody else find a Commander Gree bust up?

Much to my surprise, my one Battle Damaged Clone set that I ordered from SWS.com got here a few min ago and lo and behold, the Gree was in there. I couldn't believe it. 8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2005, 04:47 AM »
Congrats on the Gree score there, Snag!  8)

I got my clean and dirty Clone sets yesterday as well, and whiffed on the Gree, as expected.  Pretty pissed about that chase, since it's a movie-specific character, and a cool one at that.  So it's a must-have Bust-up, no doubt.  Unlike the Blackhole Stormtrooper which is pretty much just an EU character really, that I can (sort of) do without.

The only Gree up on eBay right now is listed at a mind-boggling $80 though.  >:(

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2005, 07:01 AM »
WOW! So the Gree is being found in Battle Damaged sets....that at least helps a little bit.

My delivery e-mail now has been updated to say that I should receive my two sets on 12/24.....they gonna deliver on Christmas Eve Day?  That's weird, but I'll take it....

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Much to my surprise, my one Battle Damaged Clone set that I ordered from SWS.com got here a few min ago and lo and behold, the Gree was in there. I couldn't believe it. 8)

Lucky.   :P

Hey Snag, do you know which colored clone was in the window of your package? 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:05 PM by JayDouble »

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2005, 12:50 PM »

Lucky.   :P

Hey Snag, do you know which colored clone was in the window of your package? 

Jay,

The Orange Clone is in the window.

Snags

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 23, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Got my packs of Clone Bust-ups today  ;D

No Gree to be seen  >:(