Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126758 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!
« Reply #840 on: December 7, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Wanna sell your variant?  I could give you some cash and a regular Anakin to replace your departed variant :P 

It's selling well, I agree, but I think Clone Wars stuff is going to do well now anyway, regardless of the line. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 8, 2006, 03:56 AM »
I got my set off of ebay and got two clones off of Hot Topic.com. Out of all of it I ended up with all three clones. No Grevious of Anakin variant but I can really live without em if I don't end up with them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 2, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Went to Hot Topic today and they had some series 6 on clearance, $2,98 a piece.  Picked up 2 Snaggletooths and scored a blue one.   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 2, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Where does Hot Topic hide these things?  I was in three in Hawaii and couldn't find the bustups anywhere.  Everything scattered about.

Nice score on the blue snags.  I'm still hunting for a smoked Anakin

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 3, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Brent, they're all over.  Sometimes I see them with the other toys or sometimes on the endcap of random shirt rack. 

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 3, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Went to Hot Topic today and they had some series 6 on clearance, $2,98 a piece.  Picked up 2 Snaggletooths and scored a blue one.   ;D

Nice score, Jay. Which location was this at? I called around and all of the Hot Topics around the areas I travel seem to be sold out of bust ups. I've been looking for the Blue Snaggletooth for a while.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 3, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Nice score, Jay. Which location was this at? I called around and all of the Hot Topics around the areas I travel seem to be sold out of bust ups. I've been looking for the Blue Snaggletooth for a while.

Puente Hills Mall Ray.  I checked Arcadia HT today and no dice.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 3, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Still no joy for me on the smoke Anakin.  Worse, there's one on ebay with a $99 BIN.  Man, I hope no one buys it at that. :-\

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 4, 2007, 01:24 AM »

Puente Hills Mall Ray.  I checked Arcadia HT today and no dice.

I got a clearanced Blue Snag bust-up from Arcadia HT back in November.

-Snags

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 4, 2007, 01:43 AM »
Still no joy for me on the smoke Anakin.  Worse, there's one on ebay with a $99 BIN.  Man, I hope no one buys it at that. :-\

That's just insane.  I know that I've been searching for either version of Commander Gree bust up for some time, but I would NEVER pay anywhere near that much for that piece.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 5, 2007, 11:22 PM »
I was watching one up for auction that started at $.99 and it ended for around $99.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #851 on: January 6, 2007, 05:47 AM »
I've fallen so far behind on these things that I'm wondering if I'm even collecting them anymore...  Sucks, since I was pretty pumped for the line following their Comic Con showing.  But I think the damned chases really started pissing me off after that Gree hit, and now with all the new ones.  It was mildy exciting to chase chases in the Kubrick line for big bucks, but I have no interest in doing something similar with this line.  Of course, as a completist, this gnaws at me greatly since I'd rather not collect the line at all, than be missing a few here and there.  Ugh.

Anyone want to link me to a checklist on these things, so I can figure out exactly how far behind on the Bust-Ups I really am now?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 6, 2007, 05:53 AM »
Here's one Matt. However the Smokey Anakin and White Grievous aren't included on the list.

List
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #853 on: January 6, 2007, 06:02 AM »
List

Thanks Robb.  I was feeling real good about things after pulling the lucky trifecta at SDCC with all three exclusives there, but haven't done squat with the line since then (and before then too, I think).  So how many chases are there in the line now, starting with Gree?  Blue Snag, smokey Anakin, White Grievous, Blackhole Stormie...  Who else?  (not including arm variants)

My hobby room is such a catastrophic mess at this point that I have no idea where I even left off with this line.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 6, 2007, 06:04 AM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 6, 2007, 06:17 AM »
Im kind of in the Same boat as you Matt. I only have a few from Series 6 and Im missing some from other Series as well.

I was lucky to get the entire CW series (minus the two chases) via Ebay and Hot Topic.

Not having Gree sucks. And with the AOTC Clone 4 pack coming out who knows what kind of chase they'll put in those.
I remember my dream now.