Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126237 times)

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!
« Reply #780 on: July 21, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Picked up the Vader "Flame" Bust-Up and the Shocktrooper Bust-Up (via the Shocktrooper mini-bust) today at SDCC.

They had some of the CW Animated Series 2 on display - it looks to be Saesee Tinn and various Clone Troopers. They look pretty sweet.

Snags

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 21, 2006, 11:34 PM »
If anyone is interested in getting into this line who hasn't already -- I have an almost-complete set of the entire line up in the classified.  Almost every bust-up, varient and exclusive up until the Cantina wave.  I'll give a great price if someone wants the whole set...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 22, 2006, 01:10 AM »
100th Bust Up is Boba Fett:

Grrrrrrr. >:(

I presume it's just packaging and the same chrome bust.  Very annoying that.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 22, 2006, 02:00 AM »
Brent, I think it's the bounty hunter set sculpt and not like the first one.  But a repaint none the less. 

They gave away a poster with all 100 SW bust ups on it, but I call shenanigans on it.  They count all the Stormtrooper, BH, CT arm varations as one too.  I'll try to post a pic of the poster later.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 22, 2006, 02:02 AM »
They gave away a poster with all 100 SW bust ups on it, but I call shenanigans on it. They count all the Stormtrooper, BH, CT arm varations as one too. I'll try to post a pic of the poster later.

That would be great to see Jay.  8)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 22, 2006, 03:01 AM »

If you want me to type out the list let me know.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 22, 2006, 11:55 AM »
Naw, no need to type it, but I'll have to track it down and probably the bust up as well :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 23, 2006, 05:55 AM »
Damn, that's nice.  It seems strange that they included Dengar, 4-LOM, and Bossk at the end - I thought they were simply rereleases in that Bounty Hunter box set.  Are they actually repaints (from what you can see in the pics)?

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 23, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Damn, that's nice.  It seems strange that they included Dengar, 4-LOM, and Bossk at the end - I thought they were simply rereleases in that Bounty Hunter box set.  Are they actually repaints (from what you can see in the pics)?

No, they're the same.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:09 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 25, 2006, 01:28 AM »
100th Bust Up is Boba Fett:

Getting this piece was a little challenging.  Building as many Bust Ups as possible in 2 minutes, drawing pieces from a bowl with 20 disassembled Bust Ups was kind of harrowing.  I actually got a little nervous!  But I tied the person I was competing against and we both got the Bust Up.

Regarding the piece itself, it's not the same as the original Boba Fett Bust Up.  Rather, it's a vac-metallized version of Boba Fett from the Bounty Hunter set that's yet to be released.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 25, 2006, 01:44 AM »
How many did you end up building?  I had 3 within the first 1:30 and couldn't do anymore in the last 1:30.  I had like 2-3 clones ready to go, but couldn't find their damn hands.   >:(  The lady said the record ws 4 in 3 minutes.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 25, 2006, 01:52 AM »
I got two.  There were so many Clone parts in the bowl that it was tough to figure some of them out.  Especially since the bases don't have any distinguishing features that would make it easy to mate them with their respective Bust Up.  That was just trial and error.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2006, 04:01 AM »
I just received my Walrusman, Snaggletooth and Greedo in the mail - I must say, the quality on these Bust-Ups improves with every series!

As much as I'm annoyed with the silver figures that Hasbro has overdosed us with, at least GG decided to use the vac-metal finish instead of cheap silver paint.  And Boba Fett actually looks good like that - time to hit eBay I guess.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 25, 2006, 09:27 AM »

No, they're the same.

I could be wrong but I think the bases at least are a different color. I passed on the original Bounty Hunter wave but with them making IG and a new Fett, I will be getting this box set.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 25, 2006, 09:34 AM »
I just received my Walrusman, Snaggletooth and Greedo in the mail - I must say, the quality on these Bust-Ups improves with every series!

As much as I'm annoyed with the silver figures that Hasbro has overdosed us with, at least GG decided to use the vac-metal finish instead of cheap silver paint.  And Boba Fett actually looks good like that - time to hit eBay I guess.

Well I can tell you thus far ebay ain't very pretty >:(  Prices are higher than I'm willing to pay, so I'm waiting for the inevitable release from the website ;)