Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126811 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!
« Reply #795 on: July 31, 2006, 05:07 AM »
I've got plenty of the GG 100 Bust-ups posters, for anyone who's interested in one, just LMK.  Yeah, much like most ___th checklists for any line, GG took some serious liberties with this one, and all the freaky deaky arm variants and whatnot.  Oh well.  Still a very cool, and huge poster (at 24x36).

I guess I was pretty lucky and fortunate to have pulled the SDCC trifecta on these last week, getting all three of the exclusives there.  Fortunately, Beth was happy to take the Shocktrooper bust, without the Bust-up that came packaged within it, so that was cool.  The Vader in flames was easy enough to grab, and I think it'll continue to show throughout the convention season, if I understand correctly.

But that silver Fett though, damn, I wish I'd known what a relative bitch that would be for people.  I didn't even hear about it 'til the last day, when I was wondering what everyone was frantically building Bust-ups in GG's competition for.  When I found out it was to get the Fett, I finally plopped into the lengthy line to give it a go.  Fortunately, they were giving the boxed Fett to both the winners AND losers of each one on one competion, so basically everyone was a winner.  If the line wasn't so long, and SLOW, I would've tried to hop back in there for another one (or two) for you guys.  Sorry fellas.  :-\

Can't believe what that thing's going for on eBay already.  That blows.

I'm still rather at wit's end with this line (as a completist), with the recent introduction of the chase pieces.  I hate not having the Gree and Blackhole Stormtrooper, but I'm just not willing to fork over that kind of coin for these things (yet).  But damn, the upcoming stuff looks great!  The Clone Wars pieces, Han/Luke Stormies, etc.  It all looks great, and the future of this line appears to be pretty solid still.  Challenging, for sure, but a pretty cool line to try to stick with, no doubt.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45 AM »
I really wish that the chase pieces would be definative pieces instead of repainted ones. Then I could (maybe) handle paying more than 30 bucks for one bust up.

I remember my dream now.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 14, 2006, 01:39 AM »
Anyone have some Stormtrooper sets for sale?

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 7, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Just picked up my bounty hunter box set.  Haven't opened it yet, but it doesn't show Vader on the box, while all the pictures of it showed it with Vader.  Has anyone opened one yet?  Does it come with the Vader?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 7, 2006, 04:50 PM »
It's supposed to have a Vader in it and a unique one at that, IIRC.  The Vader is the same as the more recent Hoth and SDCC versions I believe, except that in this case the base is all black making it unique.  Or I could be full of crap. 

Pick it up at Comic Factory?  I don't have mine yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 7, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Yeah, that's what all the pictures show.  Which is why I was surprised that on the box it only shows the bounty hunters.  I did indeed grab it at comic factory.  I'll probably open it later, but figured I would check if anyone here knew.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #801 on: September 7, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Wasn't that supposed to be the "Meditation Chamber" Vader?  With the meditation chamber as the base?  I thought I recalled seeing that somewhere a while back... (or did that already come out?)

I'm having a brainfart right now, so could someone refresh my memory as to what, if any, differences there are in the actual Bounty Hunters?
« Last Edit: September 7, 2006, 05:03 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 7, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Here's the picture JesseV posted a while back:

So yeah, Vader's supposed to be in there and that's what he looks like. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 7, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Wasn't that supposed to be the "Meditation Chamber" Vader?  With the meditation chamber as the base?  I thought I recalled seeing that somewhere a while back... (or did that already come out?)

Meditation chamber Vader it is.  That is what's been shown in almost all of the photos of the set.

I'm having a brainfart right now, so could someone refresh my memory as to what, if any, differences there are in the actual Bounty Hunters?

Of course the Vader is different.  Boba Fett is the same sculpt as the SDCC chrome Boba Fett, and IG-88 is a first time release.  All of the other pieces have been previously released as is.

***DOH!  Brent beat me to this.***
« Last Edit: September 7, 2006, 06:25 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 12, 2006, 02:21 PM »
I see Jeff posted a piece on the front page that mentions the Cantina bustups box set is shipping to retailers from GG so they should be available soon. 

Been a while since I had a bustups fix, I'm overdue.  Really still enjoying these little guys, but I'm still annoyed they haven't released the 100th bust up Fett via the collectors club.  You know I'll break down soon and get it via ebay, so it should be widely available for about $10 shortly thereafter.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 12, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Been a while since I had a bustups fix, I'm overdue.  Really still enjoying these little guys, but I'm still annoyed they haven't released the 100th bust up Fett via the collectors club.  You know I'll break down soon and get it via ebay, so it should be widely available for about $10 shortly thereafter.

Well then hurry up and eBay one because I need one too and would rather pay $10.  :P

Both my Cantina and Bounty Hunter sets are going to ship at once, so I'm looking forward to my Bust-Ups fix too.  Next month we get the AOTC Clone Trooper sets!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 19, 2006, 12:56 PM »
A question out of curiousity: how many people own the blue snaggletooth bust up?  I know I do and Nicklab has one as well that he found at retail, but I'm curious how much it was out?  Previous series had their 'chase' bustups on ebay quite frequently, but I think I only saw the blue snag up there three, maybe four times, so it seems quite uncommon. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2006, 10:29 PM »
I wish I had the Blue Snags. I only ever saw Obi, Han, Ponda and Greedo at retail. Now I can't find any of them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2006, 10:31 PM »
I think I saw blue Snags maybe once on eBay.  But the holographic Obi-Wan seemed to be an easy find online, so I'm sure Blue Snags was a 'super-chase'.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I have yet to find a blue Snags, only one I'm missing from that series.