Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126692 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!
« Reply #870 on: February 11, 2007, 04:57 PM »
I brought up the idea about the environments working with Hasbro figures in the 30th Anniversary area, mostly because I'm not familiar with GG and only knew the scale of Bust-Ups went relatively well with Hasbro stuff so the wording was tricky in the news on these...

Brent definitely knows that line though obviously and I'm not too hopeful on much useful stuff coming of this now...  The only possible positive I can see is that SOMETHING looks possibly in-place with the basic figures...  perhaps the floor pieces or some such. 

At least the Bust-Ups themselves are still useful.  I'm wanting the CW Clone Mini-Gunner for the weapon alone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 11, 2007, 05:21 PM »
It said there with still be waist-ups along with the full figures. My impression is that the ones that will be full figures will be 'short' characters they wouldn't make otherwise, like the Ewoks they mentioned.

You would be correct.  The environment elements that are part of the Bust Ups line are pretty small.  The figures in those scenes are roughly the same size as the Bust Ups, and are NOT in scale with them.  A comparable piece to give you an idea of the size of these Gentle Giant Bust Ups "scenes" are the Tomy mini-dioramas.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline mihos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 17, 2007, 09:02 AM »
hello.im new in this forum.bust ups are my favourite figures.i can sell buy and trade.anyone looking for any bust up plz let me know.
heres my wanting list
series 2 maul variant
blackhole stromtrooper(any version)
boba fett 30anniversary
clone trooper shocktrooper
(rifle)
com.gree(any version)
series 5 ice vader ice at-at driver
clone wars blue and white clones
liutenant clone trooper sergeant

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 8, 2007, 02:53 AM »
I've been trying to track down pics of the chase Anakin and Grievous from the Clone Wars set.

Anakin:

Anyone have a pic of the Grievous chase?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 8, 2007, 09:46 AM »
I can take one for you later Jesse, I have it at home and it's actually not in a box somewhere.  It's sitting on top of the DVD shelf. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 8, 2007, 07:49 PM »
hello.im new in this forum.bust ups are my favourite figures.i can sell buy and trade.anyone looking for any bust up plz let me know.
heres my wanting list
series 2 maul variant
blackhole stromtrooper(any version)
boba fett 30anniversary
clone trooper shocktrooper
(rifle)
com.gree(any version)
series 5 ice vader ice at-at driver
clone wars blue and white clones
liutenant clone trooper sergeant

Just letting you know they never made a Shocktrooper(yet) with a rifle just the blaster version.
I remember my dream now.

Offline mihos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 4, 2007, 04:22 AM »
i think that they have made rifle shocktrooper version but it is very rare and u could only find them in the clone packs.in ur opinion which is the rarest bust up?i think commander gree is.i have seen it only once on ebay and it had buyitnowprice of 300 dollars.  :o

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 6, 2007, 04:29 PM »
Bleh to that smoke Anakin. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 5, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Here we go again with GG.

It appears there is a dirty or battle damaged version of the Luke/Han bustups set.  I'm guessing they're not horribly uncommon, but if anyone is, um, disinterested in their set, lmk.

Also appears that there is a variation in the Saesee Tinn/Clone wars clones bustups box set.  Saesee comes masked in the regular set, unmasked in the chase version.  Damn. :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 5, 2007, 12:42 AM »
I'm almost glad they're killing off this style of the Bust-ups.  I'm burnt out on these ******* chase pieces.  >:(

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 5, 2007, 01:00 AM »
Also appears that there is a variation in the Saesee Tinn/Clone wars clones bustups box set.  Saesee comes masked in the regular set, unmasked in the chase version.  Damn. :-\

Saesee chase should be easy to spot since he's packed where you can see him.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 5, 2007, 01:04 AM »
Yeah, he is.  There's one up on ebay right now, but I have one retailer that carries them locally.  Well, two, but one will open the box, see it and ebay it immediately, so that's no help.  If anyone stumbles on a spare of that one, I could use help there.  Otherwise I'll wait for ebay, as usual.

I'm almost glad they're killing off this style of the Bust-ups.  I'm burnt out on these ******* chase pieces.  >:(

Don't worry, they'll be present in the new line as well.  They're already there and always have been with the Simpsons bustups which have always been the 'new' diorama style. 
« Last Edit: June 5, 2007, 01:05 AM by Morgbug »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 5, 2007, 05:28 AM »

Don't worry, they'll be present in the new line as well.  They're already there and always have been with the Simpsons bustups which have always been the 'new' diorama style. 

Well then that'll make it even easier for me to 'retire' from collecting the Bust-Ups once these last couple pieces are released.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 26, 2007, 07:01 PM »
Pics of new bustups are showing an Endor series complete with what were being suggested were mini-dioramas, along the lines of the Tomy stuff.  That's sure what they look like, based on the Falcon/Death Star and Scout on Speederbike versions I've seen pics of.  Mixed in with regular bustups styled pieces as well, so this line ain't dead yet. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #884 on: July 26, 2007, 08:52 PM »
I'm digging the Tarkin...  I've been waiting for that now for a while.  The XW/Death Star one reminds me of an ornament that was sold at Target a year or two ago...  The little diorama bits are kind of neat though, definitely different and adding something to the line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77