Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126232 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!
« Reply #885 on: July 27, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I am digging the Tarkin too... he will probably be the only one I get in this wave... But I am happy we finally got him.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 30, 2010, 04:19 AM »
Here's a thread resurrection if there ever was one...

Anyone still have their Bust-Ups?  I was rearranging a few shelves and enjoyed looking through them again.  I'm still missing a few figures, so I'm considering trying to track them down.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 30, 2010, 12:50 PM »
I still have mine.  Still like them too but they've reached the point of being nearly worthless on ebay I think. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 30, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Heck, I still have my blackhole stormtrooper! I remember when they had the glow in the dark versions of the 1st series, and I thought they were great.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 31, 2010, 03:12 AM »
I've considered selling mine a few times, but whenever I look at them, I still think they're great!  So I'm going to happily keep them on my shelf.

Here's what I'm looking for if anyone decides to get rid of theirs:

Wave 4 - ROTS
Anakin Skywalker - ROTS "Sith Eyes" chase version

Wave 5 - Hoth
AT-AT Driver - Ice chase version
Snowtrooper - Ice chase version
Han Solo - Ice chase version

Wave 6 - Mos Eisley
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Mos Eisley series regular version (NOT Spirit version)
Snaggletooth - Blue chase version

Wave 7 - Animated Clone Wars
Anakin Skywalker - Smoky chase version
General Grievous - Blue chase version

Exclusives
Chewbacca - Amber version sold with graphic novel
Darth Sidious - Holographic version sold with graphic novel
100th Boba Fett - Gold version
Blackhole Stormtrooper - all 3 versions  :o
Luke Stormtrooper - dirty version
Han Stormtrooper - dirty version

ROTS Clone Troopers
ROTS Blue Clone - Clean version with long rifle
ROTS Grey Clone - Clean version with short blaster
ROTS Orange Clone - Clean version with short blaster
Commander Gree - Long Rifle version

For some reason, I never grabbed any of the AOTC style Clones and decided to just ignore them.  I guess one series of Clones was enough.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:55 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 31, 2010, 11:39 AM »
I can probably help you with the AOTC clones Jesse.  The only issue is finding them in the abyss. 

Are you sure there were three black hole stormies? 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 31, 2010, 05:08 PM »
I can probably help you with the AOTC clones Jesse.  The only issue is finding them in the abyss. 

I think I might actually pass on the AOTC clones, thanks though.  I was never very clear on how many boxes I would need in order to complete all the poses, since there are 4 colours and a number of poses for each (I'm not sure how many).  Then I think there are Battle Damaged ones too.  Oi.

I've got most of the ROTS clones and Animated Clone Wars clones, so they take enough space. :)

Are you sure there were three black hole stormies? 

I'm not totally certain, but GGC's guide has 3 listed, though only 2 pictured.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 31, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Three might be right for the BHS after all.  I recall an auction that went for an absurdly low amount that I found after the fact.  Ended at $50 but this was a year or so ago. 

I'll inventory those AOTC clones for you anyway.  you know you want them.  And a Vader standee.  It's purty.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 31, 2010, 05:51 PM »
Yup, it's 3 for the black hole stormies. The 3rd is the same as stormtrooper pose # 1- left hand in belt, holding pistol up in right. (that's the one I've got).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42 PM »
I'll inventory those AOTC clones for you anyway.  you know you want them.  And a Vader standee.  It's purty.

Well of course I want them.  ;)

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 2, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Bust Ups rock!  I still have 2 Vader and 2 Stormie variations out proudly displayed to this day!
« Last Edit: September 2, 2010, 01:28 PM by morrison2951 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #896 on: September 7, 2010, 11:29 PM »
I got a silver Fett in the mail today, and my my is it cool.  Makes me ponder picking up the regular Fett just for the rifle.  Is he pricey?

I never got on the Bust-UP craze because I didn't dig having static stuff, but these days I think a set would be neat.  I had a Stormtrooper and Leia for customizing, and I wound up with an Obi-Wan for cheap and loved the saber he came with, but now I may have to look at some more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 8, 2010, 12:02 AM »
They're pretty dirt cheap Jesse, so ignoring these means you'll save boatloads of cash (not as much as if you keep ignoring them though).  I was kind of surprised the customizers didn't jump on these because the sculpts, while static, are really nice and gotta be pretty close to scale (ok, maybe I don't look that closely) so maybe even head swaps would be nice. 

The question becomes a set of what?  There are well over 100 bustups out there and quite a few chase pieces. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #898 on: September 8, 2010, 02:32 AM »
Some customizers used them, but not everyone or even many...  I wanted teh 3PO I recall, just for the top of the oil bath container.  I mean, that's something the figure line doesn't have.

I got Bossk because I love Bossk, and he was the first I got...  He has a bitchin' rifle to boot.  I was shocked some of the weapons actually were removable then.  So that was why I looked to nab one here and there for parts.

Not too many people did too many customs using them though, but they are pretty perfectly scaled to the basic figures.  A hair large here and there.  Some people used Stormtroopers though because the helmet was larger and looked more accurate to some folks.  I may have to nab a Fett now because that blaster's very detailed.  Much nicer looking, to me anyway, than the Hasbro weapon.

With a little elbow grease, the torso parts could easily be made to "work" though too...  I saw someone did a Palpatine using the Emperor figure that was really quite nice too.  I probably should get off the pot and pick a couple up I guess.  I probably won't go nuts building a collection, and probably only OT stuff and ignoring "chase" things, but they're neat enough I think it's worth the effort now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45 PM »
The bust ups are the 3 3/4 scale, they could be finished as all sculpt action figures

Gentle Giant must pass some of the statues to 3 3/$ format, like Bespin Luke, Tauntaun with Han, Vader, etc.