Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126691 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2004, 02:25 PM »
Does anyone have a spare Luke? 

Gramps sent my stuff up, but his eyes are failing and I didn't have a Luke in there.  Have a spare Yoda, Han and regular Leia. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Maul variant is official now, so two variants in the Sith set. 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2004, 08:20 PM »
Picked up six of them from Suncoast today.  Got them all except Dooku.   I got two Vaders unfortunately they're both the regular one.  I did get the Maul variant, woohoo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2004, 07:38 PM »
Picked up six of them from Suncoast today.  Got them all except Dooku.   I got two Vaders unfortunately they're both the regular one.  I did get the Maul variant, woohoo.

I grabbed a few today, got two Stormies, a Dooku and Sidious.

The Sidious I'll customize some and use that hood on the SAGA Emperor, and possibly the Stormtrooper helmets on some CT Stormtroopers, though the helmets are a little big perhaps.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2004, 07:39 PM »
I officially caved today at Sam Goody >:(

But I did get:

Vader
Royal Guard
Stormtrooper #1
Stormtrooper #2
Maul #1
Maul #2

And an extra
Vader

No Dooku or Emperor >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2004, 09:55 PM »
So how does one go about getting Emperor and Dooku besides buying more of those damn boxes that you can barely see in to ???

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2004, 10:38 PM »
So how does one go about getting Emperor and Dooku besides buying more of those damn boxes that you can barely see in to ???

I think its hard to see into the series 2 boxes than series 1.  It's that damn plastic.  The way I got Emperor was I could see his hands in the box, the duplicate Vader was a guess hoping it was Dooku.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2004, 12:07 AM »
I got Maul and Vader thinking they were Dooku and Emperor :p

These suckers are nice quality though and the chase aspect is fun as well.  Their ratios are wonky methinks however.  And based on what Series 1 sets are going for, perhaps the best thing is just to buy a complete opened set instead of risking duplicates

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Anyone that has spares of these get in touch with me please. I only have Leia and want more(series 1 & 2)
My secret santa now has me hooked after sending me one!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2004, 12:21 AM »
I've got Yoda and Han. 

Still needing a Luke.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2004, 01:59 AM »
Anyone that has spares of these get in touch with me please. I only have Leia and want more(series 1 & 2)

I've got an extra 3PO that I'll toss into your package Hemish!  Which is gonna go out... next week, hopefully...   :-[

I haven't bitten the bullet on Series 2 yet, but I'll probably just roll with the complete set off eBay idea, since I've seen the first series (with Chase) go for a little cheaper there.  Of course, being the cooler bad guys this time around will probably make them a little more expensive.

And I'm still waiting to hear from SWS.com on that Stormtrooper (x9) order that I placed a few months back, so I could get all 8 different configurations of it.  Haven't heard a peep about it, and seeing as how this Series it out now, they need to get their butts on the ball and start shipping those things out!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2004, 03:29 AM »
The weapons are molded in-hand to these figures, correct?

Just sorta curious since I'd like that long rifle the Stormtrooper has but don't want to get into these...  It's a customizing thing.

One guy used a Stormie already on a VOTC Stormie body, and the combined two look nice.  Especially the way the hand rests on the belt.  Very realistic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2004, 09:47 AM »

And I'm still waiting to hear from SWS.com on that Stormtrooper (x9) order that I placed a few months back, so I could get all 8 different configurations of it.  Haven't heard a peep about it, and seeing as how this Series it out now, they need to get their butts on the ball and start shipping those things out!

The site has said shipping December 30th for quite a long time, so presumably we'll all get shipping notices today or relatively soon. 

Entertainment Earth is even more frustrating.  These are out at retail and EE is still listing them as January 2005.  Quite annoying really.  Not that I'm concerned about getting them, since I ordered a case, I shouldn't be missing anything, but I'd like to have them ::)  Particularly so I know whether I have the chase pieces or not. 

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2004, 12:30 PM »
I've got an extra Luke, Han and Leia if anyone needs them...

-Steve

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2004, 01:57 PM »
I've got an extra Luke, Han and Leia if anyone needs them...

I'll check in with Hemish, and if he wants to buy those first two off you Steve, I could just pick them up from you sometime next week and toss them in the package I'm already sending him Down Under...  Sound like a plan guys?