Author Topic: New NFL Figures  (Read 4535 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
New NFL Figures
« on: May 21, 2006, 05:38 PM »
www.gracelyntoys.com

I saw these in WalMart and almost got a couple.  I left them there though.  If they had a Cowboy in the lineup I would have.

I saw:

Brady
Favre (however you spell it)
Randy Moss
Peyton Manning
Brian Urlacher
Deion Sanders (in Baltimore Ravens)
T.O. (in Eagles uni)
Ray Lewis (I think)
Pennington (the NY Jets QB I think)

A couple of other guys I don't recognize even though I love the NFL...but like I said..no Cowboys so I passed.

The figs were about 4.5 inches or taller.  The Linebackers were bigger than the QB's  TO was taller than Deion etc...so there is some variety to scaling.

I will definately snag any Dallas players or Former Texas Tech Red Raiders (Zac Thomas has the only chance)....

I didn't know if anybody saw these..the NFL type figure I got was back in the day when they were in the Sears or Penny's Christmas WIsh Book and you put the numbers on yourself....

They are more articulated than the Hoth Wave (except ATAT driver)...

Saw them at Wal Mart.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:42 PM by Paul »

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: New NFL Figures
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Hmm, wannabe SPs.  I'll pass.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I actually saw these months ago when the football season was still going on.  I got Priest Holmes, and wanted them all initially, but when I opened Priest up the figure sucked so bad I passed on everything else.  Awful figures.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 07:50 PM »
www.gracelyntoys.com

I saw these in WalMart and almost got a couple.  I left them there though.  If they had a Cowboy in the lineup I would have.

I saw:

Brady
Favre (however you spell it)
Randy Moss
Peyton Manning
Brian Urlacher
Deion Sanders (in Baltimore Ravens)
T.O. (in Eagles uni)
Ray Lewis (I think)
Pennington (the NY Jets QB I think)

A couple of other guys I don't recognize even though I love the NFL...but like I said..no Cowboys so I passed.

The figs were about 4.5 inches or taller.  The Linebackers were bigger than the QB's  TO was taller than Deion etc...so there is some variety to scaling.

I will definately snag any Dallas players or Former Texas Tech Red Raiders (Zac Thomas has the only chance)....

I didn't know if anybody saw these..the NFL type figure I got was back in the day when they were in the Sears or Penny's Christmas WIsh Book and you put the numbers on yourself....

They are more articulated than the Hoth Wave (except ATAT driver)...

Saw them at Wal Mart.

Paul, do you have any idea who made those JC Penny figures you are talking about?  My Mom had one (Pittsburgh Steeler) and it got lost in a move.  I would love to try to track one down on eBay or something, but have no idea what they were called or what company made them.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 07:59 PM »
I don't...but I will see if I can track down the Wish Books from back then.  I have a contact who has them all. I'll see if they have a manufacturer listed.

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Actually, I finally discovered them after exhaustive seaching...they were called "NFL Action Team Mates".  Here's a link to the site I found...

NFL Action Team Mates

I also picked up a couple of the Gracelyn figures a few days ago, Ben Rothlisberger and Jerome Bettis.  Haven't opened em up yet as my wife put them away for Christmas ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:04 PM by Billy Ray »