Author Topic: REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CH 2  (Read 5468 times)

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CH 2
« on: May 21, 2006, 07:37 PM »
REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CHAPTER 2

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:49 PM by GGPiKE »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Intelligence: CH 2
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Great update. Looks very profesional and I love the snow effects! What did you use for that?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Wow!  That's a great chapter.  I love the way your use the Comicbook style approach for dialogue and descriptions.  I thought about doing that but didn't want to put the time and effort into it.  Your location shots are excellent.  What is the interior of the base created from?  It looks amazing.  Your photoshop special effects are top notch.  Very excellent work!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 09:50 PM »
great chapter. very well done. i really like the direction the story is going.

your photo's are great as usual and your effects look awsome. the droids on holo cam survallence and the explosion scene's where great, but i have to say my fav was whan jyas put on the jetpack and shot out the door, very cool!

the plot seems pretty good so far. i like the idea of a mandalor who was burned by the republic in the past now training and running missions with clone troopers. very creative.

the jyas custom itself is really good. the colors and paint job are well done.

my favorite scene gad to be when the clones where training. it looked like they where clearing rooms, close-quaters-battle style, very cool touch!

again awsome chapter, thakns for sharing it with us and i can't wait for the next.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 11:44 PM »
WOW!  So glad to see an update!  This chapter is ACES across the board!! 

The sets are simply FANTASTIC.  I can recognize some of the parts and designs, but not others.  It's all EXTREMELY creative.  Wow, I'm simply awed by the top notch production values of this series.  Beyond impressive.  These environments add so much, they're so imaginative and realistic.

The snow effects are also terrific and all of the elements of the visuals are perfect.  I also love the comic book style with word balloons.  Very well done.  Photoshopping effects are first rate.

And as for the story itself, I am loving this.  Jyas is a great character and even with a short chapter and minimal dialogue, you have created a well-rounded and very compelling character.  Superb.  This is a great chapter and a wonderfully intriguing set-up for the events to follow.

I love, love, love this and hope to see another update at least relatively soon.  Amazing job. 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:57 AM »
This was simply awesome. One thing that really sets your work apart is the composition of the photos. Dynamic angles lead to some great action shots that really give the characters a sense of movement. Probably the best "production values" I've ever seen on a photonovel. The snow effects were simply awesome, and I like the touch of the snow having blown in when Dyne entered the base. Great attention to detail.

The sets are also great, and well designed with a creative use of what's on hand. One thing that stood out to me was the wall from the old GIJoe headquarters, but it fit perfectly in the scene. Nicely done.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31 AM »
awesome update, this series is going to keep me begging for more chapters every time

keep'em coming, please
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 12:26 PM »
THIS IS AMAZING... detailed review coming soon!

:)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 11:41 PM »
That was awesome. I was hooked since you posted your interpretation of the
LOE scene, and so far your photo-novel has not dissapointed me one bit. This installment was nice and balanced with talking and action. I can't wait to see those clone troopers in action. Keep up the great work!

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 01:08 AM »
Wow! Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated! I loved making this chapter, especially the photshop part. Some of the shots were hard to set up in terms of contorting my body to get into a tight space (between the table that holds my GI Joe Aircraft Carrier and the tables that have my Terror Dromes/Cobra snow base) I sure have learned a lot about photoshop and some yoga moves in the last month!

HunterofThePegs: The base for the snow on the ground was good ol WalMart stuffing from the craft section and the snow on the figures and inside the outpost is model landscaping snow (Woodland Scenics) The snow effects were done with photoshop, using a lot of layers! 

BrentS : The outpost was made of a culmination of bits and pieces I have lying around. As Darth Delicious pointed out, some of the components are from the old GI Joe HQ. Actually, there is also a piece from the GI Joe Defiant Space Shuttle Complex. The other "parts" are print outs from photoshop designs. Some of them I got from NiubNiub's site and altered them a bit. Others, like the walls of Kamino in RepIntel 1, I designed myself. I tell you, with a little bit of color change those NiubNiub templates are pretty versitile for usage outside of the dios they're intended for.

jedistyle : Thanks for the comments on Jyas. When I made that custom, I had no idea what I was going to use it for. Inspiration finally came from the Hard Contact and Triple Zero books. Kal Skirata is just too badass a character to not get some inspiration from! Basically the story is going to be that there was some sort of conflict/disaster on Coruscant and the Republic needed to place blame somewhere, as the faction behind it was unknown. So they pass the blame off onto Jyas, as he's bascially been an annoyance to the republic, being a Mandalorian and all. Those shots with Jyas and the jetpack were fun to do. I had him balanced up on a couple of the radar/laser bases that came with the ROTS pilot figures. Had to get the shots just right so they wouldn't show up in the picture.

Quazar : Thanks for all the comments . .. I'm blushing! Lol   Yea the downside to getting everything to look realistic and getting those dynamic angles is that it takes so long. If I had those wonderful sets like Chewie, I wouldn't have that problem  ;)

Darth Delicious : I appreciate your comments, setting up those shots is a painstaking procedure! It really is hard to give an inanimate object a sense of moment, so I hope that was somewhat achieved! The model landscaping snow was really fun to work with, sprinkling it everywhere! The snow on the inside of the outpost got there by accident when I spilled some during shooting, but then I thought about how in reality snow actually would have blown in there . . .TaDa! Turned a mistake into something good!

blaster_e11  : I'll try to keep the chapters coming, and in a more timely fashion!

CHEWIE: Details, details! Where's the review?  ;)

mister_palpatine : Thanks! Yea, I can't wait to shoot some clone action too! That's what I'm looking forward to the most  ;D

Everyone, thanks for the kind words and comments. Please if you have any suggestions or any critiques, go to town! Look foward to hearing from everyone again!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Wow wow wow wow wow! That is SO cool!

Your skills are amazing. Great paint aps, dialogue, editing, everything. This photonovel is superb! :)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE: CH 2
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 09:10 PM »
 ;D ;D :o :oLove the effects and the customs with a great storyline!Awesome!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!