Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193085 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Recent Acquisitions
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:11 PM »
I stopped by here to spread my recent acquistion, to find there is no Recent Acquisitions thread. So, I'm starting one!

btw, if there is one, I'd feel like an idiot.

Oh, and my acquistion is the new lego B-Wing Fighter™. It's so cool, and very large!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:59 PM »
I found the Sail Barge and Star Destroyer sets this week.  I'm in the middle of putting together the Sail Barge.  While I love Legos, I'm glad these sets are it for the rest of the year after seeing the bill for these two.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2006, 11:38 PM »
I recently acquired the new Slave I. Now I need to get the rest of the 06 sets...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2006, 09:11 AM »
I recently acquired the new Slave I. Now I need to get the rest of the 06 sets...

The new Slave 1 is awesome!  I finally built mine and it fits nicely on the Cloud City Landing Platform.  Picked up the Sail Barge and Star Destroyer at the LEGO store... wish I'd waited and got em at TRU though- have coupons!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Picked up the new Droids Battle Pack at Target. Love the redo of the STAP.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I scored the Clone and Battle Droid Battle Packs yesterday. I want more.

Offline rdm5777

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 4, 2007, 03:43 AM »
A friend picked up a Star Destroyer for me yesterday for $50!!!  I'll pick it up from him next week...can't wait!!!

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 02:08 PM »
If I have the chance to pick up a 2003 Lego Yoda's Hut w/ X Wing still sealed in the box for $25 I should jump on it, shouldn't I?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11 AM »
My daughter and I finished the Tantive IV, and are starting on the Death Star. I'm starting to like these big sets more and more, they are great family projects!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 04:51 PM »
If I have the chance to pick up a 2003 Lego Yoda's Hut w/ X Wing still sealed in the box for $25 I should jump on it, shouldn't I?

I realize this post is a few months old but that set was around $50 originally, so yes!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Ended up ordering the SW Advent calendar tonight from Lego.com.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Bought my first SW LEGO in at least 4-5 years yesterday, the Hoth Imperial/Rebel army builder sets. Bought at TRU to use a coupon so I ended up overpaying for them when it was all said and done but these are cool sets so I'll let it slide.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 07:56 PM »
I'm not going to make an entire list of everything I've gotten recently, but this is just a general post about Lego (SW and otherwise) purchases.  Due to Hasbro's continual botching of the various SW action figure lines (I can't find new figures to save my life, horrible case assortments aren't helping, and I'm just tired of walking out of stores empty-handed), I've been buying a LOT of Lego stuff over the last four months, and I couldn't be happier. 

As cool as the vintage and CW SW lines still are to me, I've found it much more fulfilling to buy a Lego set (even the so-called "subpar" sets like the Ewok Tree and V-Wing) and put it together; it's a sense of accomplishment I don't get with Hasbro's stuff.  And I don't have to worry about cherry-picking employees, "scalpers" or any of the secondary market nonsense when it comes to finding something at retail. 

The weirdest part is that, because of Hasbro and the horrible retail situation, not only am I buying SW Lego, but other Lego lines as well.  I love the Alien Conquest stuff (I've gotten at least 20 of the little 5 dollar sets and have rebuilt a lot of MOC Alien skiffs and weapons platforms), and I've really gotten into the Creator houses (the Hillside House and Lighthouse sets are great on just about every level).  The minifigure series is nothing but fun, and I'm even at the point where I'm eyeing sets based on parts instead of the set itself.  :)

So I guess Lego owes Hasbro some thanks for increasing their bottom line to an extent, as I've seen several people on here comment in recent months about buying more and more Lego stuff. 

Oh, and to make this an official "recent acquisitions" post, I found and bought the Lego Boba Fett alarm clock at Wal-Mart this morning.  First time I'd seen it show up at retail (19.99).  Also bought a City Police Helicopter, just for the heck of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Alien conquest rocks.

Also, their medieval stuff?  Best it's been since they first started making horses and grey bricks.  realistic sugarloaf helms, the cool brimmed footsoldier helmets.  Really great stuff there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Ya LEGO is a fun line.  I stayed away from it from 00-09 but went nuts since then and have probably got 90-100 SW sets.  Not branching out to other lines, but I snagged a UCS Batmobile for like $17 at Target which started all this.  At least the majority of this stuff holds its value or goes up most of the time in case you feel like bailing - unlike Hasbro stuff.

Target has mini Venator ships for $3.99 at register checkouts.  I was lucky enough to find a nice pile for 39 cents a pop earlier this week.  Love those lil mini ships   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN