Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193883 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #180 on: January 8, 2015, 11:07 AM »
In yet another failed attempt to find the TIE Advanced Polybag at Toys R Us - I ended up grabbing the T-16 Skyhopper set instead. Fun build
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2015, 10:50 PM »
Picked up the following sets at my local Target this weekend:

Hailfire Droid
Senate Commando Troopers
Geonosis Troopers

That leaves me with just the Wookie Gunship, Battle Droid Troop Carrier and the TIE Advanced Prototype Polybag for 2015 Star Wars sets released so far.

I was hoping that the UCS TIE Fighter was coming out for May 4th - but it looks like that's not coming until August, so I'm probably going to hold off on the Wookie Gunship so I can have SOMETHING to buy on the 4th so I can secure the free polybagged figure - which is rumored to be Admiral Yularen. The Battle Droid Carrier would also be a great fall-back purchase, I could easily score extras of some of this year's Battle Packs to combine with a purchase of that set to reach $75 to get the free figure as well...

I guess the next Lego sets I'll be picking up will be the Marvel Super Heroes ones for Avengers 2... I'm sure they'll all be out WAY before May 4th.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Had a coupon for a free minifigure with purchase at a LEGO Store so I stopped by over the weekend and snagged two of the Shadow Trooper battle packs. It bumped my VIP rewards to $50, so after saving up some cash I'll finally be purchasing the Ewok Village, at which point I'll only be 2 sets behind. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2015, 05:58 PM »
I had to snag the Shadow Trooper and Stormtrooper sets this last weekend.  I used to think $3 for a minifig was expensive, but Now it feels like a deal next to $14 Black Series figs!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2015, 05:16 PM »
I recently got here only the Anakin Skywalker Jedi Starfighter from the first Clone Wars cartoon series.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15 AM »
Picked up the following sets yesterday:

- T-16
- Stormtrooper Dropship
- Royal Guard/DST Battle Pack
- Snowspeeder Microfighter
- AT-AT Microfighter
- Hoth Han minifigure (had a coupon from the LEGO Calendar, any Star Wars purchase at a LEGO Store got him for free; this is the same brown coat one offered during May 4th a few years back)

The Microfighters were particularly frustrating buys because TRU had a BOGO last week but I couldn't find any stores that stocked the AT-AT. In fact, I got one of the last ones at the LEGO Store too. Didn't know that one was so hard to find? ???

Next up for me: Ewok Village during Double VIP Points next month

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2015, 12:39 AM »
Next up for me: Ewok Village during Double VIP Points next month

Finally scratched that one off the list this afternoon at the local LEGO Store. Double VIP Points started this weekend and last until the end of the month, and I had $50 built up from previous purchases throughout last year. So I got the set for $200, and got another $20 in VIP rewards that I'll save for either the Slave I or Sandcrawler.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't snagged the Ewok Village yet, the cashier said he had heard rumors of a retirement in the near future...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 3, 2015, 09:46 AM »
Picked up the UCS TIE Fighter and got the Admiral Yularen figure at my local Lego Store yesterday.

I also ordered the UCS X-Wing from the Lego Shop@Home site, hadn't picked that set up yet...
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 3, 2015, 10:01 PM »
I snagged the AT-AT to get Yularen. Just need to get the Cantina to be caught up on System sets (will probably get it next month for the WInter Soldier minifig promo), then I can save for the Sandcrawler and hopefully pick it up by the time TFA comes out.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Bought the Tatooine Mini Build and four Free-Builds from Star Wars Celebration Anaheim. Probably paid too much for it, but at least it's part of my collection now... Hopefully they'll go light on SDCC Star Wars exclusives this year (doubtful I know, but one can hope)
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2015, 11:30 PM »
Stopped by the local LEGO Store tonight to grab the Spider-Man promo set and was surprised to find the Summer Star Wars sets out. I ended up grabbing the Death Star II Duel, although it was hard to pass on the Tyderium for $20 more. Lots of Endor Rebel goodness in that set (Nik Sant!).

Not counting UCS sets, this leaves me with only needing the Mos Eisley Cantina (which I cannot find anywhere locally ???) and the Imperial Shuttle to be caught up.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2015, 11:48 PM »
Not counting UCS sets, this leaves me with only needing the Mos Eisley Cantina (which I cannot find anywhere locally ???) and the Imperial Shuttle to be caught up.

My local Toys R Us stores still have the Cantina set...
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 2, 2015, 05:54 PM »
Ended up grabbing the Cantina Set online from LEGO Shop, and threw in some blind bag minifigs to get the free Winter Soldier minifig. Also last week I grabbed the new LEGO DK minifigure book with the Prototype Armor Boba Fett minifigure.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 3, 2015, 10:15 PM »
Picked up the new 2015 sets this week:
Naboo Starfighter
Flash Speeder
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
Death Star Final Duel
Imperial Assault Carrier

Great collection of sets, the only one I haven't put together yet is the Naboo Fighter. I'm not sure when it comes out but the new Sith Infiltrator looks interesting, not quite sure how it differs from the one we got just a few years ago though.

I'm really looking forward to the Force Awakens sets... I guess they're only 2 months away at this point...
Peter

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 6, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Picked up the new 2015 sets this week:
Naboo Starfighter
Flash Speeder
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
Death Star Final Duel
Imperial Assault Carrier

Great collection of sets, the only one I haven't put together yet is the Naboo Fighter. I'm not sure when it comes out but the new Sith Infiltrator looks interesting, not quite sure how it differs from the one we got just a few years ago though.

I'm really looking forward to the Force Awakens sets... I guess they're only 2 months away at this point...

I still need convincing that the first four offer enough "newness" to them over the previous issues of these sets.  Has anyone seen, or done a comparison of old vs. new.  I'd be interested in your thoughts Pete if you have them both handy.