Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193091 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2013, 03:47 PM »
Finally found the BARC Speeder w/Sidecar set - so now I'm all caught up with 2013 sets until something new comes out - hopefully they'll have new sets online on May 4th or I'll just buy the Malevolence from Lego.com so I can get that Brown Coat Hoth Han.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2013, 08:50 PM »
I stocked up on Legos at TRU...  B1G1 40% off + a $10 off $50 coupon, so I nabbed a number of things I wanted.  2 large Hobbit/LOTR sets and the last 2 planet sets...

Breaking it down, I more or less saved the $10 off $50 coupon I had, but it was the only way I could use it ultimately.  Wish it would've been accepted at Target or Wal-Mart.

Though I DID get the Mirkwood Barrel set which seems to be only at TRU anyway, so win win.

Anyway, the planet sets I got are the Hemeroid Field and the Coruscant set.  Love these as a single sub-line anyone can get into without buying all-in on SW lego due to space and $.  Though every minifigure I see, makes me want to buy whole big assed sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Though every minifigure I see, makes me want to buy whole big assed sets.

Tell me about it.

When you contemplate getting a redesign of a vehicle you already have just for a single mini-figure, you know you have a problem. For me it's that damn Gungan Sub - it doesn't even look all that different from the 1999 version, yet it has one thing that the 1999 one didn't - a Queen Amidala mini-fig....  :-\

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2013, 01:48 AM »
I keep seeing stuff like the little Han in the A-Wing set, or the little Aliens in the Jabba sets...  That stuff kills me, but I stay strong and resist.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2013, 12:48 PM »
I'm the same way with minifigs, but since I've returned to LEGO I'm doing OT only so it's much easier to drop money on, say, Jabba's Palace than EVERY huge set.

And in a few weeks I get to drop $75 just to get the special May 4th Han Hoth figure! ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2013, 12:42 PM »
I'm the same way with minifigs, but since I've returned to LEGO I'm doing OT only so it's much easier to drop money on, say, Jabba's Palace than EVERY huge set.

And in a few weeks I get to drop $75 just to get the special May 4th Han Hoth figure! ::)

Or just grab one off eBay for $15 or $20... that's what I'm probably going to do.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Not a bad idea... I have $50 in LEGO VIP points though so I'm going to go in anyway, but I'm gonna ask if there's any way I could buy a second.

And I found the polybag of Pre Vizla's fighter today at TRU for those of you who collect the mini ships. $4.99, but they're running a BOGO 40% off sale this week.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2013, 08:55 PM »
I got an email today saying that VIP Members will get free shipping on orders over $50 at shop.lego.com next weekend for May the Fourth, in addition to the Han figure and a poster with any order. Still no word on set discounts.

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31 AM »
I wonder if this would be a good time to get the new giant Cinema set? I am not currently a VIP member, so I wonder if I would get the perks with my first purchase. Anyone know, perchance?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 4, 2013, 07:42 PM »
Ordered the Malevolence (sp?) today from shop.lego.com to qualify for my free Brown Coat Hoth Han Solo.

Also swung by my local Toys R Us to get the Jek 14's mini Stealth Fighter. Never been to an event like that where they just have the parts out and you can build it right there and walk out the door with it. That was pretty cool. I had expected it to just be the kind of thing where they had the set in a polybag for sale for $4.99 or something.

Peter

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 4, 2013, 08:41 PM »
I picked up an extra UCS B-Wing today to get the Han...

I'm hoping to trade it plus or minus some cash for a Queen Anne's Revenge... or sell it for enough to buy one.

If anyone has an extra and wants to trade, or knows someone who does - let me know.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 5, 2013, 01:09 AM »
Yeesh. Used some VIP Points on shop.lego.com to snag the Hoth Echo Base for really cheap to qualify for the Han. Then curiosity got the best of me and I went to the LEGO Store across town and snagged the Rancor Pit and a second Skiff (the minifigures from my first have loose legs) to get a second Han. About $120 spent when it was all said and done.

B-Wings were nowhere to be found.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 6, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Was surprised when I got into work today - one of my co-workers picked up for me one of the Lego Store Holocron Droids that were the in-store build back on May 1st. She had gotten one for her son, but he didn't want it so she brought it in for me knowing that I'm a Star Wars fan!

I am surprised at how cool this little guy is!
Peter