Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193069 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #135 on: May 5, 2014, 12:22 PM »
On Saturday, I drove to my nearest Lego Store in the mall and picked up both the Death Star and the Sandcrawler. Snagged two Revan mini-figs thanks to those purchases.

I also hit up the Toys R Us and was able to score the Free Build X-Wing and TIE Fighter mini-ships.

Started putting the Death Star together on Sunday - that has been fun build so far - probably will finish it up during the week and then start on the Sandcrawler over next weekend.

« Last Edit: May 5, 2014, 12:26 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 5, 2014, 01:47 PM »
Nice haul there Pete   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 5, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Nice haul there Pete   8)

Thanks!

I am a huge KOTOR fan and I really wanted to pick up an extra of the Darth Revan mini-figure - unfortunately, I am also incredibly impatient - so I already have all of the smaller sets - so my options were limited to the Death Star, Sandcrawler and the Super Star Destroyer. I have been saving up to make the purchases but all I was able to save up was enough for the Sandcrawler and one of the other two - so I went with the Death Star. While I do want to eventually get the Super Star Destroyer - I won't be heartbroken if I never get it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 5, 2014, 10:53 PM »
Word is that the SSD was quietly retired, so whatever is left out there is it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 6, 2014, 07:31 AM »
On Saturday, I drove to my nearest Lego Store in the mall and picked up both the Death Star and the Sandcrawler. Snagged two Revan mini-figs thanks to those purchases.

I also hit up the Toys R Us and was able to score the Free Build X-Wing and TIE Fighter mini-ships.

Started putting the Death Star together on Sunday - that has been fun build so far - probably will finish it up during the week and then start on the Sandcrawler over next weekend.

Nice haul on the big sets Pete.  I was going to skip Revan, but my neighbor's kid came home with the Ewok Village and I couldn't resist.  I grabbed the X-Wing, Kashyyk Clones, and a Fett magnet to hit $75 online.

How did you get the TRU set? I thought that was just for kids?
« Last Edit: May 6, 2014, 03:09 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 6, 2014, 11:22 AM »

Anybody have this and put it together? 

I've got the Death Star and think its super cool, although spendy.  I've never gotten that excited about the SSD and don't think I would pull the trigger at its current price.

Thoughts?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 6, 2014, 02:10 PM »
^ I was going to build the SSD to leave on my kitchen table when not in use but the Tower Bridge took that spot.  Too long to really have any other room to display it.

Was going to say free shipping + 5% off at Target but already sold out there.  I've been ordering a lot of the larger sets there since I get oodles of giftcards.  I'd make up your mind fairly quickly...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 6, 2014, 03:11 PM »
I was thinking about the SED because of the figures, but display space is at a premium and that thing is huge.  My son has the reg star destroyer, which I think is sufficient.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 6, 2014, 04:58 PM »

UGH - great - now I want that one more - although I think the spot in the store where they used to have them was taken up by the Sandcrawler, so I don't know if they moved them into the back or actually sold through them. I'd find it hard to believe that they sold through them, but stranger things have happened I guess...

How did you get the TRU set? I thought that was just for kids?

I walked in, asked if I could build two of each ship - the table was completely void of kids and the girls working the table were sorting the parts into bags so that anyone who walked up could just be handed a bag of parts - they gave me two bags, I made sure no parts were missing and built the two X-Wings and the two TIEs - grabbed a spare set of instructions and walked out.  ;D

At lunch time today I went to the TRU near my work and picked up the Polybag set of Anakin's Green Jedi Starfighter from ROTS - it was the last one they had on the pegs. Built it while I was eating my lunch - great little mini set. Would have made for a nice Galaxy set with "Sith" Anakin and a Mustafar globe....  :-\

I think my next acquisition will be to try to get the Jek Microfighter from last year's SDCC.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2014, 05:34 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 7, 2014, 06:38 AM »
Yeah, people have been snagging the SSD everywhere it's sold. It's always been that way with LEGO though. Anytime there are rumors of a set's retirement, people go crazy (see the Jabba's Palace thing last year when stores sold out of the set because of the mosque controversy). Some people have been saving up for the SSD since it came out, and want one before it's gone, while scalpers see the dollar signs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 7, 2014, 02:59 PM »
Yeah, people have been snagging the SSD everywhere it's sold. It's always been that way with LEGO though. Anytime there are rumors of a set's retirement, people go crazy (see the Jabba's Palace thing last year when stores sold out of the set because of the mosque controversy). Some people have been saving up for the SSD since it came out, and want one before it's gone, while scalpers see the dollar signs.

Yeah - I just called the local Lego store and it turns out they are out of them now as well - I guess folks have been going around snatching them up... Oh well, if I never get that set, I won't be heartbroken... Maybe I'll keep an eye on it on Amazon...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2014, 11:06 AM »
This week's acquisitions:

2013 SDCC Jek-14 Microfighter
TC-4 Minifigure Polybag
Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
2014 Imperial Shuttle Polybag

For the Home One set, I really wasn't setting out to pick that one up off eBay, but I found a seller with multiple of the set for sale, selling it for $20 less than the MSRP - which in the Lego world is a rarity - most times things go up in cost, not down.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:02 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Picked up the Tower of Orthanc last night.  I already have 1 black gate but think this warrents another.  Amazon has some mild 40% bogo stuff this week.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2014, 12:31 PM »
My wife and parents teamed up and got me the Lego Super Star Destroyer for my birthday - it came back in stock for a brief period last week and they got it for me - so cross one more UCS/large SW set off my wish list... Can't wait to start putting it together, Vader's command ship was always one of my favorite designs from the OT.
Peter

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #149 on: August 4, 2014, 11:33 AM »
I got three The Hobbit bowman and two The Collectors from SDCC, didn't get Batman and that's the one I wanted.
He's no good to me open