Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 192885 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40 AM »
I grabbed a couple of the DJ minifigure polybags at Toys R Us last night. They are free with a $30 Lego Star Wars purchase, but my Toys R Us is so wiped out, I was able to convince them to let me buy to polybags outright.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Grabbed the Ach-To Training set and the Kylo vs Tallie Microfighter at Walmart last night. They already had the Amazon Price Matching Prices on the shelf for the new 2018 sets if anyone wants to save a few bucks
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Was searching for old sets on ebay and came across a seller with some TLJ sets at a pretty good discount.  They were also taking offers, so I was able to get the First Order Star Destroyer, Defense of Crait and the First Order Heavy Assault Walker at a 30% discount on each.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Is there a semi-exclusive Star Wars Lego polybag at Target this year for Easter?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Nope, the Easter sets are a Creator Hot Dog Stand (which is really cool) and a Friends bowling alley

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 4, 2018, 12:31 AM »
The new UCS Y-Wing is up for sale. During this weekend, if you spend $75 or more you get a free BB-8 droid build, plus you ger double VIP points and if you are a black card holder from getting the UCS Falcon last year, you should also be emailed a promo code to get a Lego Y-Wing blueprint poster on any order over $35.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 4, 2018, 02:11 PM »
I wound up getting a few random TLJ sets from LEGO Shop for May the 4th to break the $75 threshold for BB-8. The deals were lacking, to put it lightly.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 8, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Kind of off topic...

Does anyone have any advice on the effect of temperature on lego pieces?

I’m considering leaving a few organizer boxes in my trunk to work on a custom build during lunch at work But summer is coming and I don’t want to warp any parts or cause any other problems. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Macklunkey!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Kind of off topic...

Does anyone have any advice on the effect of temperature on lego pieces?

I’m considering leaving a few organizer boxes in my trunk to work on a custom build during lunch at work But summer is coming and I don’t want to warp any parts or cause any other problems. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

LEGO is plastic so I would assume it would be similar to leaving a Hasbro figure in your car. Fine for a few hours, maybe. I personally wouldn't do it.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 16, 2018, 09:40 AM »
I recently acquired the Lego First Order Scout Walker and I don't know if I should include this but also the Lego Marvel Quantum Realm Explorer Sets

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 16, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I got the new UCS Falcon, and the UCS Y-Wing this week.

I'm running out of space.  :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Yearly Walmart clearances are on! Over the last week I've snagged the TLJ turret walker thing with Hux for $30, Crait Speeder/AT-MT Microfighter set for $13, and the FO Tie Microfighter for $7

I've seen the Landspeeder for $15, FO Star Destroyer for $124, and the AT-MT for $109, and the Construct A Figures for under $20, but the clearance prices differ depending on the store.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2018, 12:23 PM »
I got the most recent Death Star, the new Sandcrawler, and the Imperial Transport last night.

And my buddy at the Lego store is exploring new opportunities, so 50% off Lego is over for me.  It was (incredibly) nice while it lasted!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:24 PM by Rob »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 1, 2019, 12:03 AM »
Went into my local Target today hoping to find the Batman/Metalbeard Lego Movie 2 set, but instead was greeted by a handful of the new 2019 sets instead:

Sith Infiltrator Microfighter
Naboo Starfighter Microfighter
Escape Pod vs. Dewback Microfighter 2-pack
Juniors A-Wing
Droid Gunship
Inferno Squad Battlepack
Death Star Escape

Not a bad haul - basically if they had the two other Juniors sets, Praetorian Guards Battle Pack and the new version of the AT-AP, I would have been able to make a clean sweep...

All four are currently available on shop@home, so I might just put an order in on them and throw in that Batman set I was looking for in the first place.  :-\

Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 5, 2019, 07:12 PM »
Picked up the Sandspeeder for $15 and the Tusken/Jawa Battle Pack for $10 at Target today