Collecting > Collector's Tips

Opened Cards... what to do with them?

(1/4) > >>

Mitsukara:
Okay, I have a box of old POTF2 cards, mostly missing bubbles and with some wear and tear and such, that I've been keeping. Now I have a bunch of TSC and a few ROTS cards, and I haven't gotten rid of the bubbles from those either.

I am totally a loose collctor, and currently own nothing that's still carded/boxed. But the cards are kind of nice in a sense; on the other hand, I'm not sure if I really want to display a bunch of torn, opened cards, especially POTF2s. And I don't really have a place.

So, is there some way I could store these more easily/take up less space with them? As it is they overrun parts of my room and tend to be in fairly unsafe places. IF htere was som special method to packing a bunch tightly in a box, or something better, I'd love to hear any suggestions. Heck, if you know some kind of easy display method I might consider that too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

KillerVole:
I remove the bubbles from my cards and keep the cards themselves under my bed. I discard the bubbles. Without bubbles, cards don't take up nearly as much room.

DoctorPadawan:
I take the bubbles off the cards as well.  The bubbles get thrown in the trash and I take each "line's" cards, stick a rubber band around them, and put them in a long box.  Right now I have every card since POTF2 stored this way in one large box.

The thing is, though, I'm beginning to question why I even keep the cards in the first place, being a loose collector and all.  With some of the series (OTC and TSC) the background is an integral part of the card, but with other series like POTJ being one uniform card design (aside from the checklists) that are not character specific, I don't know why I keep one over the other.

With the lines continuing, I have a feeling that 95% of those cards might be visiting the recycling bin sometime soon.

Darth_Anton:
I can't really offer any advice myself. I've been collecting since 78. My Vintage packaging my Parents made my throw away. >:( However, I have all my packaging since 95, boxes, bubbles and all. Now it's taking up too much space and I've been contemplating purging most of it.

But... I have been packing most of my card (with bubbles) in empty vehicle boxes, saves a lot of room.

Bobafett77:
I used to cut the bubble from the card leaving the lip on so the doesn't loose it's look. I've since been throwing both card and bubble away and just keeping the upc inserts since the packaging can take up a lot of room. I'd rather fill that room with figures! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version