Author Topic: 30AC Comic Packs #01 - Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax  (Read 33896 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: EE Exclusive Kir Kanos/? Two-Pack
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 01:30 PM »
This figure is really not that exciting considering we already have it (sans the removable helmet and face sculpt):

Image of the ROTS Royal Guard:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 02:36 PM »
At least they confimed the other figure is not Han with a new Hat.

That's good, because I found it hysterical that they used his silhouette in the ad. Someone has a sense of humor.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 02:39 PM »
But if I am going to pay $10-$15 for an exclusive and they are going to make exclusives anyway, I'd much rather prefer to have some all new stuff rather than rehashed for the 3rd time EU Crap.

I agree with Scott about the pricing...  I don't personally mind the figure, but considering you're not getting much of anything new there, that is what sucks...  But yeah I don't mind the figure myself.  I figured when we got the Royal Guard in ROTS's line that a Kir Kanos was pretty inevitable to come out in one form or another.

At $10 - $15 though, Hasbro really should be delivering VOTC/VTSC quality NEW figures considering that's what they're charging us price-wise.  Not repaints and rehashes.

So I kind of like the figure but not the price...  How often is that the case in this line though?  That's been pretty much 2006 in a nutshell from the basic figures on to the VTSC really. ;)

The Han Silhouette was kind of funny actually, and I'm certain Pawlus probably had a hand in that...  Cantina Han is sort of the inside joke with collectors.  I recall when it was Tatooine Luke...  Now a new one of him would be a dream to some people.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 02:42 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 07:31 PM »
We are getting two figures for twenty dollars (without tax and shipping, of course, but I doubt it will come to fifteen dollars per figure unless you want expensive shipping).

I don't know why we all have to complain about the articulation in the figures this year. By quality, I am assuming that articulation is what you are referring to, because the detail has been nothing but great on all of the figures this year.

Regardless, why is articulation such a huge issue? I do not mean to get off topic here, but I just want to know. For main characters and troopers I want a lot of articulation, but for other characters, a lot of it really isn't necessary.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 07:33 PM »
We are getting two figures for twenty dollars

And a comic too.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 11:39 PM »
This exclusive does not twirl my propeller. I already have Royal Guards from POTF2, 2002 Saga, and ROTS, so unless the second figure is extraordinarily cool, this is a pass for me.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 11:52 PM »
I will be getting this set for sure, and possibly the Comic + Bust ups set to go with it. Both for $35 is great. $10 off!  ;D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 12:26 AM »
The ROTS guards w/o the robes are cool enough.  I had only heard of this guy before and today was the 1st time I saw him so I am not impressed.  I am sure EU fans are happy though.  And I usually like EU stuff (I have most if not all of it) but since we just got a cool guard I'm not excited.  In the end it is just another pricey exclusvive.  Pass. ;)

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 03:45 AM »
If you look closely at the prototype the torso is different than the ROTS Royal Guard (more plates than the ROTS one). Also the arms look to be ball-jointed at the elbows. Even if they are not the arms are different also (look at the gauntlets/gloves). If I was guessing the upper body is a new sculpt over the ROTS version, but we will have to wait and see if I right until SDCC. I don't think it is all that bad for $19.99 for a 2-pack, but I want to see the mystery figure before I jump for joy. Like someone else said the SWS Wedge was $13 and nothing was new on him, just all repack (Dutch body and SS Wedge head & helmet).
roron corobb

PS: they state he has 12 points of articulation, so that would be everything minus the ankles.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:48 AM by roron corobb »
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 04:11 AM »
No offense to anyone, but I'm kind of amazed how many people are saying $20 plus shipping for two figures is a good deal.  I say $20 should get me 3 super-articulated figures at the very least, like with the Evolutions sets.  Four or five "regular" figures, like the battle packs, is also good.  But two?

Of course, I also think the VTSC is very overpriced (I don't like paying for packaging) and I've gotten really picky with basic figures now that they're around $7 again.  I hate sounding like a grumpy penny-pincher, but the prices are starting to drive me away from buying as many figures as I did just last year.  Several times recently I've walked around a store holding a figure only to put it back because it just didn't feel worth it.

Sorry for the increasingly off-topic complaining.  At least this exclusive has some newly-sculpted bits... but I'm still not buying it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I love it, can't wait for the other figure to be revealed.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 11:50 AM »
I never get internet exclusives. Ever.

But that'll all change once the pre-orders begin! I'm picking this thing up in a heartbeat! And the more of you that pass on this, the better chance I have to get it. Boy, I sure hope Carnor Jax is the 2nd figure...that would rule.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 12:36 PM »
Anyone think that the second "mystery" figure might be Kenix Kil (Kanos' bounty hunter alter ego)? It would be all to easy for the "mystery" figure to be Carnor Jax as they would share the entire same mold sans the head, but I have a feeling that due to the secod figure and the pack-in comic being left a "mystery" until Comic Con that it may be Kil and the comic be the "Bounty Hunters: Kenix Kil" one-shot. I could be wrong here and the second figure will be Jax, but it just seems like something cool for Hasbro to do for the EU fans (and besides, it'll leave Jax open to be an exclusive for EE next year and be packed with one of his black Stormtroopers :) ).
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 01:01 PM »
I'm hoping the pack in is a VOTC Stormie.   ;D

I will probably pass on this exclusive, it just doesn't do a lot for me unfortunately... unless the pack in is really cool.

:)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 01:42 PM »
No offense to anyone, but I'm kind of amazed how many people are saying $20 plus shipping for two figures is a good deal.  I say $20 should get me 3 super-articulated figures at the very least, like with the Evolutions sets.  Four or five "regular" figures, like the battle packs, is also good.  But two?

Of course, I also think the VTSC is very overpriced (I don't like paying for packaging) and I've gotten really picky with basic figures now that they're around $7 again.  I hate sounding like a grumpy penny-pincher, but the prices are starting to drive me away from buying as many figures as I did just last year.  Several times recently I've walked around a store holding a figure only to put it back because it just didn't feel worth it.

Sorry for the increasingly off-topic complaining.  At least this exclusive has some newly-sculpted bits... but I'm still not buying it.

I just saying it is a good deal as far as exclusives go. Look at most and they are priced $13+ just for one figure. It's not so hot for basic figure price, but everyone is trying to cash in on Star Wars lately and their exclusives big time, which I think is do to them planning for Star Wars hype to end soon with the way everything dropped off after ROTJ in 83, but we all know if the figures are great that won't happen and with the plans for the TV series. Plus I don't ever think Lucas will let Star Wars fade ever. Someone will carry the torch on for him.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link