Author Topic: Female Figures List  (Read 10292 times)

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
Re: Female Figures List
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 11:54 AM »
No prob!  I just thought I'd throw them on there.  You never know, you may find them at a garage sale or flea market.  Plus, since they have less than great sculpts, they could be used as vintage custom perhaps.
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Well, how about having a whole separate list for vintage-type customs, including the 80s figures you mentioned and the available vintage SW femmes?  But I'd rather someone other than me managed that particular list, since I don't know anything about the vintage figures whatsoever!  What sayest thou, Rolla?  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 01:02 PM »
There is also the WOW Action Girl line of figures, but they're a trifle cartoonish looking.

I agree that we should try to create a "modern" only line which would preclude many on Rolla's list (no offense :) ), like the Buck Rodgers, MASH, old GI Joe, 80's cartoon and various Mego figures.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 07:04 PM »
There is also the WOW Action Girl line of figures, but they're a trifle cartoonish looking.

Sounds nifty, Quazar!  I'm not familiar with that line -- have you ever used these figures or parts in your own work? And could you send me a link, by any chance?  Searching "Action Girl" and even "Action girl figure" didn't give me anything looking like li'l plastic toys!  :o

Again -- any volunteers to maintain the vintage femfig list?  Let's keep this thing alive, folks!  :)

...the Findswoman

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 08:29 PM »
actually, action girl is where I found most of those I listed.  I kinda agree about the modern only thing really.
www.coreplanets.com

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 09:44 PM »

Sounds nifty, Quazar!  I'm not familiar with that line -- have you ever used these figures or parts in your own work? And could you send me a link, by any chance?  Searching "Action Girl" and even "Action girl figure" didn't give me anything looking like li'l plastic toys!  :o

Again -- any volunteers to maintain the vintage femfig list?  Let's keep this thing alive, folks!  :)

...the Findswoman

Findswoman, I'm surprised you don't know these figures.  I could have sworn that the arms used in your Isnard figure were from that line.

They're the female action figures from Lanard toys, discontinued around 2000.  I snagged a bunch on ebay a few years ago (after waiting months and months for some to reappear at reasonble prices - they became quite scarce overnight.)

Here's a link to some pictures -

http://community-2.webtv.net/The_Corps/WowActionGirls/

If I get a chance, I'll try to take some better pics standing alongside SW figures.  They are usually just SLIGHTLY taller than most human figures in the SW line.

Their faces are rather generic looking and not finely sculpted, but they're certainly better than SW vintage, but certainly not at the modern level.  As such, it's not easy to categorize them into our binary system.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 12:05 AM »

Findswoman, I'm surprised you don't know these figures.  I could have sworn that the arms used in your Isnard figure were from that line.

Oh my gosh, yes, you're right!  In fact, now that I've seen this link, I realize I have a few parts from these Action Girl figures kicking around my fodder box: the jockey outfit, arms and body from the sports bra outfit, & a few of the heads.  And I think the arms I used for Isard came from the jockey girl.  I just never knew before what line they were from!  Thanks so much for shooting that along and helping put a name to the face, so to speak!  Gosh, I'd love to find more of those, but they don't seem so easy to come by any more...

... the Findswoman

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 07:33 AM »
Mego and Galoob made  lines of 3 3/4" Star Trek figures that had some very nice female sculpts.

This is a great resource for older figure fodder.
3 3/4-inch Archives
Fritzkrieg

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Mego and Galoob made  lines of 3 3/4" Star Trek figures that had some very nice female sculpts.

This is a great resource for older figure fodder.
3 3/4-inch Archives

That is a good site, but it hasn't been updated in years and there are many, many ommissions.  And there is also an emphasis on the old 80's Mego figures which are virtually useless compared to today's modern sculpts.

I believe that Galoob Tasha was already mentioned.  She's not bad!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 04:43 PM »
There were also 2 Mc Donalds premium Power Ranger figures. The pink and Yellow ones to be exact. Ive got them lying around somewhere Ill try to find them and get a pic. They are fairly abundant on the power ranger listings on Ebay, and relatively cheap too. I used to find them all the time at the varoius thrift stores I used to haunt back home.

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I'm glad you posted this about the wow figures.  I had the girl in the bathing suit, but sold her recently.  I was trying to figure out this line earlier in the thread!  :)
www.coreplanets.com

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Incredible work finds. Off the top of my head i would have maybe though of 10... who know there were so many.

Offline Kambei

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 03:42 PM »
I am quite surprised that no-one has mentioned Microlady Material Force.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 04:36 PM »
I am quite surprised that no-one has mentioned Microlady Material Force.

That's a very good addition to the list, Kambei!  Thanks for the heads-up!  I guess the reason it didn't come to my mind was that I was too busy thinking of figures that have to do with some property or other -- SW, G. I. Joe, etc. -- rather than blank template sort of things like the Microladies.  But the Microlady definitely fits in.  Thanks again!

... the Findswoman