Author Topic: stormtrippers customs Nov 04 (last page)  (Read 36313 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
UTINI ;D

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
here is my version of Tarful. I was really unhappy with Hasro's version for some reason? Ah well... I still need to paint this but feel that it is close to completion. Let me know what you think, or don't...but enjoy the pics at least.
Jay

with the mighty chewbacca to show scale:

with 2 wookiee goons...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (updated June 16th with Tarful pg 3,)
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Nice idea.  I don't think that using the Tarfful torso is worth that extra 1/2" of height that you're getting there, he's a little too tall and skinny.  That extra piece of torso between the bottom of the waist belt, but above the hips, is kinda throwing this figure off. 

I recommend putting the Tarfful head on the Preview Wookiee body and then either painting or sculpting on the armor.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Hmmm....  I really like how you assembled Tarful myself.  I'd just go with a complete repaint however, as the head/torso seems to be a totally different color scheme than the rest of the body fur.

How hard was it to swap out the arm sockets?

:)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I kind of like that he's tall, but maybe he's too tall.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 11:51 AM »
here is the tarful, all painted nice like:

with his little buddy gree (notice the holster?)

Chewie
the arms are easily removed (boil/pop), they are both plugged into the body sockets. The preview wookiee's plug was a little smaller then tarfuls so I use a technique with crazy glue to make the joint tight. I apply glue inside the body socket and continue to mave the arm slowly so that glue will not set to the peg but will still form around it.
( I have used thes technique for years on different customs and have never had the parts fuze together, as long as you are continuously moving them)

The paint job was from a previous snoova custom I made last year..

dressel rebel

I wanted to use the tarful torso as I am not much of a sculptor. I wanted to have tarful extra tall and the way it is, was much easier then shorting it (you have to see the mess that tarfuls torso has inside for its action features)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Wow! I recently received some ROTS Wookiee Warriors and Yarua and thought they were big fellas. But Tarful.... holy $#&*! He's terrifyingly terrific!!

You might as well paint Gree, while you're at it. Doesn't matter what colour, any scheme is better than what Hasbro did with him.

You should have Tarful manhandle a Magnaguard and post a pic, just like in the Repbluc Commando game  ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hot damn, Tarfful looks awesome with your new paint job... definitely a figure that Hasbro owes us an upgrade on.  I like how tall he is, man he looks tough.  And I appreciate the information on the shoulder/arm swap.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Awesome job on Tarful. Looks much better than the short Hasbro version. With the paint the parts look great together and you get the heighth, just how he should be IMO.
roron corobb

PS What parts did you use BTW?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:02 AM by roron corobb »
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Though he seems a bit too tall, I really like him that way.  The first time I saw him was in the Republic Commando game, and he was HUGE, just like yours.  I think I have a reason to buy a Tarfful now. 

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Thanks for your comments guys, nice to get both critisisms and positive feedback! I think that the height is a smidge too tall as well but if I tried to make him a bit shorter I could have messed up the entire custom.

Parts used were only a preview wookiee and a tarful... The head and torso are tarfuls, the rest is the preview wookiee. Tarfuls insides (guts) are a mess and have to be removed, I used a drill, dremel and pliers to get it all out.

I live on the coast and might use some shells from the beach to add some more armour to my tarful, (shells have good texture for figure armour)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Great Tarful!

1000 Time better than Habro's.
I really like the height, he's like the shack of Wookies. The paint aps came out very nice. Excellent job. The Recipe seem pretty simple, I may have to give this one a try to mix up my Wookie Ranks. Now if I could just find some extra Wookies.

Keep up the great work.
Fritzkrieg

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Shells.... now that's very creative. Wow, that would really lift Tarful to unreachable heights!!

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Here is my version of the bounty hunter / slave trader Boussh, he is the dude that Leia was impersonating to gain access into jabba's palace. Hope you likey:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (updated June 25th with Boussh pg 3,)
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Looks pretty good, I would suggest maybe some painting of the jacket, but this is really cool.  I especially like the custom gun strap on the leg, Wow!