Author Topic: stormtrippers customs Nov 04 (last page)  (Read 36330 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs October 9th (last page)
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2007, 09:29 AM »
More excellent work. How do you go about designing you figures? Are they dictated by convenience of pieces that fit together or do you make the pieces fit to your vision?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2007, 10:33 PM »
More excellent work. How do you go about designing you figures? Are they dictated by convenience of pieces that fit together or do you make the pieces fit to your vision?

Wow, great question.
It really is a combination of both to be completely honest. I usually have a final product in mind, but getting the parts or sacrificing a perfectly good figure for fodder is a tough proposition. Most of my customs are fanfic, I like my customs to both have the ability to fill in as "background extras" but also retain a star wars look and feel to them. I wish that I had the ability to sculpt, mold etc but maybe it is for the best as I have to balance a family, work and other commitments. I am usually up customizing when I can't sleep and everyone else is fast asleep. My vision of star wars defers from the original trilogy (grew up during and it is the "real" "star wars" to me), and the prequels (ep1 was weak IMO, ep2 was weak IMO, ep 3 had its weak moments IMO but more or least made ep1 and ep2 tolerable.
 I am not openly found of the boba fett / jango fett / clone / stormtrooper connection, although I recently read that Boba Fett was supposed to be some kind of super commando / stormtrooper so maybe I need to keep an open mind. Sorry to get so off topic there. Thanks for the compliment and allowing me to ramble.

Offline no boom boom soul brother

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04 AM »
  Awesome customs.  I especially like the Wookkiee mercenaries.  I wish people would make more of the "regular" people, the working class; you know, smugglers, prostitutes, gamblers, janitors and the like.  It seems that this trend is on the rise, however.  Your Dash Rendar is probably the best version of him I have ever seen.  One question; how does he hold his pistol if both of his hands are balled up in fists?  And (okay, I lied about asking only ONE question) are you planning to make a custom "Outrider" for him to park in the middle of the living room floor for all your wife's friends to see?

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2007, 08:05 PM »
You know it's funny that you mention my wifes friends and smugglers, prostitutes, gamblers in the same breath  :)

But on a serious note, thanks.. Yeah that dash pulled me back into customizing, I have always hated the SOTE version and thought that he needed an improvement.. I have no plans on making the outrider at this time, I never owned the Hasbro version, ranking it rather low on my priority list. I have not done this yet but what I would do is drill a small hole in Dash's Hand (right where he would grip the blaster) then shave down the pistols handle until it fit in his hand.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 4, 2007, 08:05 PM »
small update

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs Nov 04 (last page)
« Reply #95 on: November 5, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Another set of fantasic looking figures.

If I may be so bold, I'll bet you can add some do-dads to the end of the breathing tubes on the 4-LOM to act as filters.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 5, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Ya! kind of like a baby salamander's external gills (look it up on google)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 5, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Those are great! The first one is definately my favorite. I just went wow when I saw that one. That red hair reminds me of Heat Miser!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours