Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 60086 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2006, 09:22 PM »
I can certainly use another decent-sculpted Endor trooper with new head

DECENT SCULPTED? Do you call six points of articulation and a completely flat hand DECENTLY SCULPTED? Please explain exactly what makes you say that this rebel soldier that 99.9999999999999% of the collecting community HATES is 'DECENTLY SCULPTED'  ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Geezus, they are childrens playing toys, no need to get upset. And I think the POTF2 Endor Rebel Trooper does have a decent sculpt.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2006, 01:00 AM »
"Decent sculpt" has nothing to do with amount of articulation for one.  All of the GG busts are gorgeously sculpted and have NO articulation.  Secondly, I did say decent, not stellar.  I would prefer the current endor trooper, but this one is ok.  Lastly, I don't know where your polls are coming from, but you can hardly claim that the entire collecting community hates this figure!  There isn't anything buff about the proportions, and his hand is molded to hold the end of the rifle.  Again, I'd prefer the newer one, but you can't treat this sculpt like it's POTF2 Luke or something.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2006, 03:17 AM »
Came across three unopened cases of the Prequel sets out on the pallettes tonight at one of our WMs here in town (SoCal).  Nabbed a couple of each, and they rang up for $26.84 apiece.  So keep an eye out for these, as it looks like they're hitting from coast to coast now.

As a side note, even fresh out of the unopened cases, most of the ones I looked at were pretty scuffed up on the "window box" portion of the plastic.  Packed too tight, with only that thin tissue paper between each one.  4 per case (2 Yoda/Mace, 1 each of the other two).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Geezus, they are childrens playing toys,

Well, kind of. 

The figures definitely can be seen as playing toys, but in this presentation, the figures/sets are targeted towards collectors.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2006, 09:44 AM »
I think that these sets are another example of Hasbro focusing too much on quantity of product, and not enough on quality. Get everything out there in every price range, slap some new colors or crap on the card/box, etc.
Some people will like them, but to me they seem like an ok idea done 1/2 way.
And of course Hasbro has said play environments are too expensive to make and won't be supported by retail or consumers. Yet they devote bag after bag of money to overpriced and questionable product that take up just as much retail space and company resources. $27.00 would buy a pretty decent dagobah tree/swamp area, or wampa cave/hoth corrdor playset. 
Anyone buying them for just 1 or 2 figures should wait. They will be re-released on cards or in battle packs quicker than you can say Re-Hashbro  ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Anyone buying them for just 1 or 2 figures should wait. They will be re-released on cards or in battle packs quicker than you can say Re-Hashbro  ::)

In a way I agree with this sentiment.  Hasbro has re-released so many figures that eventually this may well happen.  But for the health of the line?  I think if we want to see a variety of product on the market and we *somewhat* like a product, then I think we should try to support lines like the Collector Tins.  Otherwise we may see this kind of variety in the Star Wars line dry up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 13, 2006, 09:54 AM »
$27.00 would buy a pretty decent dagobah tree/swamp area, or wampa cave/hoth corrdor playset.

That's probably true, but that would require tooling investment.  And we know where they stand on that...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2006, 11:37 AM »

In a way I agree with this sentiment.  Hasbro has re-released so many figures that eventually this may well happen.  But for the health of the line?  I think if we want to see a variety of product on the market and we *somewhat* like a product, then I think we should try to support lines like the Collector Tins.  Otherwise we may see this kind of variety in the Star Wars line dry up.

I agree with the sentiment that if you like something, tell them so by buying it and not waiting for clearance. But I think the other side of that coin is if I don't like something, I should help direct the line by not buying it. I'm tired of paying for packaging, and that is all these tins are, excessive packaging with some figures included. While I want the Star Wars line to be successful and interesting for years to come, I won't pay them to keep producing items I think are overpriced, poorly done, or anything else just to keep them in business hoping for the next thing I do like.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2006, 12:11 AM »
MS-TOYS (the guy I bought a bunch of Biker Scouts from) has the Blue Clone and the ROTJ Biker Scout for 11.99 each - $5.00 shipping to the US for the first figure and 1$ each additional figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Commemorative-Tin-Collection-Clone-Trooper_W0QQitemZ220035682779QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2476QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Commemorative-Tin-Collection-Biker-Scout_W0QQitemZ220035684371QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2476QQcmdZViewItem

He's got about 40 of each at the moment - I'm on the fence about these figures and didn't plan on buying them today - but this is a pretty good deal for those of us who are only looking for the new figures and don't want the tins.

I just went ahead and bought the Blue Clone - I'm still on the fence about the Biker Scout.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:14 AM by Rob »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Hey Rob someone already posted that.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Shows how much attention I've been paying to the modern stuff over the last few weeks.   :P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2006, 11:37 AM »
for a while i was forgeting which figs were in the ep4 tin, but i saw them on rebelscum 2day and they look GREAT!!! ep5 looks pretty nice 2  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Just got my 5 from HK.  That is less than a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get stuff from EE.com that fast.

I'll take pics this afternoon and get them posted...

It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I think this guys looks less like Jago Fetish than I bet GL wanted him to.  I'll do side by side photos with some Clone heads if I can find them.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2006, 05:16 PM »
I remember my dream now.