Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59817 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Also, the red astromech seems to be newer than the one that came with the Queen's starship, as it has the sculpted wires (and I think the old one had a different glowy spot on its head).

You are correct, Sir.

(Courtesy some Galactic Hunter dude.)

Well according to THIS pic, it looks like they're just repainting the VOTC/TSC/Early Bird R2-D2. Notice the glued on panel and the removeable third leg that doesn't retract.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Am I to understand, from the pics, that Ep IV Vader has a removable helmet with younger burned face? And there's an Ep VI Vader*, too? Does anyone know if it's a repacked or retooled Evo??

*Looks like VOTC... ???
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:49 PM by Ook »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Well according to THIS pic, it looks like they're just repainting the VOTC/TSC/Early Bird R2-D2. Notice the glued on panel and the removeable third leg that doesn't retract.

Yep.  And it's missing the paint app on it's eyeport thing, too.  Definitely a downgrade from what we saw in San Diego.  And that's what the packaged fig looks like, too, so I'm sure that's what we'll be getting.

I wish they'd quit using the newest astromech sculpt for publicity photos and such, and then replacing them with the VOTC sculpt for the finished product.  It's annoying.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2006, 08:51 PM »
I don't think I will be picking up any of these.  I think some of the figure choices are decent.  The Cantina Band pulls at my nostalgic heart the most.  I would like that blue AOTC clonetrooper.  But in the end it's too steep for what they are.  That I have been collecting to long I think.  All of this stuff seems a bit old for some reason and that exciting.  The tins are fine but I am not really wanting any tins lying around my house. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03 PM »
How many of you are planning on picking these up?  At first, I thought I was getting all of them - but after thinking about it more this week, I'm not so sure.  Looking at the figures from the sets, I pretty much have all of them - and aside from the Evolutions repacks (and removable helmet troopers) I don't know that I care much about the others.  I know I'll probably get the OT sets, and definitely the Cantina one since I don't already have the band members, but I'm on the fence with the prequel sets.  They don't really seem like a "deal", and I'm not sure exactly what I'd do with them.  Of course, I might regret it later not having them all.  I know I skipped the first couple prequel Target glass sets (Maul and Anakin) and then later kind of wished I had them since I have all of the rest.  This might be the same situation for me.  Then again, I can live without them :).  How many of you are planning on picking up these sets - all of them, just some of them, or none of them?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2006, 01:22 PM »
If the red Naboo Astromech was basic carded I'd defintly pick it up. Some of the figure choices for the tins are pretty boring, here's what my prefered figure choices would have been:

TPM Tin:
-Red Naboo Astromech
-TSC Naboo Flight Crew (Repainted in Orangish-Red)
-E1 Nute Gunray
-POTJ Sebulba

AOTC Tin:
-Evo Blue Clone Trooper
-Evo Anakin
-ROTS Count Dooku
-NEW Gilramos Libkath

ROTS Tin:
-ROTS Black Clone Pilot
-NEW Rune Haako (Utapau)
-NEW Imperial Officer (ROTS)
-ROTS Tarkin

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2006, 12:21 PM »
The more I look at these, the less I can justify buying them.  I find myself wondering whether I really need a removable helmet Clone Lieutenant when I already have two SA versions from the EE packs, or if I need a non-film AT-RT Driver.  Out of the prequel sets, the only figure I even want, really, is the Evolutions Anakin from ROTS, and that's just so I can stick him in the JSF.  I guess I'll beg someone who doesn't want him to sell him someday.

The OT sets are a little more tricky, though.  I'm definitely in for the Modal Nodes, as I only ever got one of the Friggin' Dans from the FC.  The ANH set is a strong maybe due to the ANH-style Vader and RH Sandtrooper (although if this Vader is the same as the one in the Conference Room boxed set, I could pass here too).  ESB doesn't really do much for me, and neither does the ROTJ set.  I figure with these running between 25-30 bucks apiece, I need to cut costs where I can.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2006, 01:28 AM »
What these should of been:
TPM:
Red Naboo Astro Droid (Stays the same)
Darth Mual (Evo re-hash w/ New Arms & Head)
Qui-Gon Jinn (New,SA)
Battle Droid (POTJ Security Re-pack)

AOTC:
Anakin Skywalker (Stays the Same)
Clone Trooper (Stays the same)
Count Dooku (ROTS re-pack, so I don't have to buy the GB version)
Jango Fett (New,SA)

ROTS:
Anakin Skywalker (Stays the Same)
Yoda (Stays the Same)
AT-RT Driver (Stays the same)
Mace Windu (New,SA)

ANH:
Darth Vader (Stays the Same)
Sand Trooper (Stays the Same)
Princess Leia (VOTC re-pack)
C-3PO (TSC Diety re-paint, Tatooine Dirty)

ESB:
Chewbacca (Stays the Same)
Lando Calrissian (VOTC re-pack)
R2-D2 (R4-G9 re-paint)
Han Solo (Hoth,New,SA)

ROTJ:
Scout Trooper (Stays the Same)
Darth Vader (Stays the Same)
Wedge Antilles (VTSC Luke re-hash w/ New Head)
Admiral Ackbar (New,SA)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I just cringe every time I see Jango heads on OT troopers. It just seems unnecessary  and (here's my paranoia and egocentrism) spiteful. I just want to scream, "Is nothing sacred?!"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2006, 11:40 PM »
I don't want to see removable helmets on any trooper besides Rebels,even if it's a clone. Also I do think there were some clones left in the OT, but the ones that talked weren't. Is that Scout supposed to have Jango's face? ???
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 1, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Sure looks like Jango's face, though it's more difficult to say because just the face is exposed. However, I remember reading something somewhere that Hasbro intends to continue with the Jango heads on all Troopers. I think it was a report from comic-con.

Yeah, if they decide to start changing the Trooper voices in the OT, I'll weep. Well, I probably won't weep, but I'll be very disappointed.  :P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #101 on: August 2, 2006, 12:50 PM »
I thought they were a pretty neat idea, but at $25 each, I'm not so sure.

I'll get the Cantina set for sure, because I only have one Band Member, but the rest are kinda bleh for the price.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 2, 2006, 03:04 PM »
I thought they were a pretty neat idea, but at $25 each, I'm not so sure.

I'll get the Cantina set for sure, because I only have one Band Member, but the rest are kinda bleh for the price.

yeah for 25$ that is a little to much but if i do get them i'm just gonna get the ones that come with the clones or impeareal troopers ;D
Momar and Fester

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 2, 2006, 09:30 PM »
Clearance bins maybe? ;D
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 3, 2006, 08:27 PM »
I'll end up with all the OT Tins for sure (despite the Jango Fetish heads)  I might even snag a couple of each. 

Did anybody at Comic Con get a good idea of the size of the tins?  Are they big enough to hold figures, if so how many?