Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge #14: Imperials and Slaves!  (Read 73235 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge #14: ???
« Reply #60 on: June 2, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Ok. Here are my entries for this month's Customizing Challange.

The first is Captain Lurch. He is made from some left over parts I had from other projects. The head was originally intended for the self portraite group project from last year.

The second one is a Slave Trader. I havn't come up with a name yet. She is made from POTC2 Elizabeth Swan body with a Baroness head and vintage Leia arms. I tried to stay with the puffy sleaves to match the pants. I guess she can also be a space pirate. I'll come up with a slave for her to trade soon. Maybe I'll give her a whip.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge #14: ???
« Reply #61 on: June 2, 2006, 08:43 PM »
I've got this Challenge already Bagged up, with one Custom.

My Imperial Slave Master

;D
Now, I've just got to come up w/ a slave for him to give a Beaten-Down to.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge #14: Imperials and Slaves!
« Reply #62 on: June 2, 2006, 11:05 PM »
I whipped this guy up as a my first entry for the month...

clicky the image for a bigger photo

Head/Helmet = PotF2 Death Star Trooper
Rest = PotJ Imperial Officer

I was painting/priming a bunch of other parts tonight for upcoming custom figures/projects and I had time to sneak this simple head-swap in as my first entry for the month. 

Don't know if you can tell (it's most noticible on the torso), but I did a gray dry-brush/wash on him to try to pull some detail out of the jumpsuit.  I think it turned out well for a 20 minute project.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline The_Tin_Man

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Site
« Reply #63 on: June 3, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Here are my first 2 entries.
Imperial named Admiral Alsten McConnell. He is in charge of making sure Imperial slaves are up to standards.

Here is his personal Wookie slave

Him with his wookie slave

« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 07:34 PM by The_Tin_Man »

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #64 on: June 3, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Where's the wookie's other arm?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 3, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Well, I'm currently working on a Kel Dor (Plo Koon species) slave trader...pics up tomorrow, maybe.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 3, 2006, 10:54 PM »
I know that by now most of you have seen this guy in the boards but I thought since its my most recent imperial creation (made within the past month) it would qualify for this thread.  To those who haven't seen it here ya go,

« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 10:56 PM by Outrider »
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 3, 2006, 11:08 PM »
By the way, those are some very cool looking customs guys!  Nice to see some new ideas injected into the often bland imperial designs.  I really love the imperial/slave owner style figures.  Great idea. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 4, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Hi, here is my first ever entry into the monthly customizing challenge, Capt. Compton(In refrence to Buck Compton from Band of Brothers, because, for some reason, this figure reminds me of him.)

The face really looks a lot better in person :P.  I also have an idea for a slave that I should have up in a couple days.  Also thanks for the warm welcom into the JD customizing community.

:)
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #69 on: June 4, 2006, 12:19 AM »
I actually REALLY like the face - where's it from?

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 4, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Get ready for this...it's a Veers from SAGA2 with heavy blackwash and white hair.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #71 on: June 4, 2006, 01:01 AM »
woah. :o

That's awesome work, CloneCommander1! Damn fine work on that face! Pretty cool concept over all too. But if I might make a sugestion or two? You might want to dremel the Veers' arm holes in a bit so that the ball-joint guard arms fit a bit better, and I might paint the shoulder armor, gloves,  & boots either black or white... but that's just my opinion  :P

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 4, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much what was floating around in my head too, I hate how much the shoulders stick out right now, and he needs some contrast.  So I'll probably take your advice.  Thanks for the advice!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #73 on: June 4, 2006, 02:34 AM »
No problem, man!

Oh, and here's my first entry, an easy to do Imperial that would look less recognizable with only a little work:

Head: Evo gray clone commander?
Gun: Jango Fett
Cane: Tion Medon
Everything Else: Veers

Back Story:
K, the way I figure it, I don't read the comics, I don't read the books. SO, if this has already been thought of, or if it flies in the face of what is 'possible,' so be it. It's just an exercise in creativity ;)

As the battle of Geonosis began to fade, a commando surveyed the arena's destruction. Out side of danger, he removed his helmet and looked upon the once-beautiful architecture with his own eyes. Something approaching joy filled his thoughts. A battle had been won. And it was good.

Now came the easy part, picking up the pieces. He would not stay for long. He knew he would be needed in another theater of this new war, and soon. But for now, he watched the bodies being moved for disposal or transport. He watched the Jedi recovering the remains of their brothers & sisters.

As he scaned the immediate area, a glint of the morning's soft orange light on polished metal captured his attention. Investigating, the commando unearthed one of Jango's fallen & discarded guns with his foot. Removing his gloves, he picked it up, moved it back & forth. He he felt it's weight in his hands, and let the rising sun reflect into his eyes again, and again.

New, unexpected thoughts wound their way into sections of the clone soldier's fortified barracks of a mind.  This had not been part of training. These feelings had not been part of his 2 yr existence, in which all that was supposed to be necessary for life had been flash-pumped into every molecule of his being. RC-421 looked out over the battle ground again. A battle had been won. And it was good. An enemy decapitated - in more than just the physical sense. And this too was good. But a father had been destroyed, made unsalvageable. And this was good? The answer was in his head without him having to think it. Yes, his father had been an enemy, that much had been made unavoidably clear. Free thought on this subject was at odds with the objective. But a young brother had been taken away...  No orders had been issued regarding this small one. And this, was this good?

Time Passes...

Somewhere along the line, certain clones of Jango Fett DID find the 'cure' for their short life spans. BUT, like all good paranoid dictators who overthrow democracy (because they think they know what's right for their wallets people) Palpitine ordered all the commander, ARC & commando clones destroyed soon after Order 66 was 'completed.' (Read your history - it's what happens.) Like the victims of the Jedi purge before them, some survived and went into hiding. There, in exile, some found ways to produce offspring. Tho' most of the children of the genetically despoiled clones died within the first few years of life, some were 'lucky' enough to live a full life of sorts, but with various genetic defects taking their toll. Their children, in turn, will find life difficult too, but easier than that of the past two generations. And they will be strong enough to avenge the destruction of their heritage.

This is one of the new breed of Mandalor. He takes his place in a seat of power in the new Empire; two generations removed from the time of the murderous betrayal of Palpatine. And though his forefathers had, at one time, comprised the entirety of the Grand Army of the Republic. No one knows his history. You see, history is writen by the winners. And there has been no winning side for almost a century. No one can place the appearance he has inherited from his now dead family. No one remembers the faces of his grandfathers.

Oooh, srry - that was a bit long - someone let me know if I need to keep it shorter... ;D
« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 02:35 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 4, 2006, 10:57 AM »
That's pretty cool, PD- it's the first custom I've really seen from you and it looks awesome. I love the cane, and the backstory was well-written and made sense.

Here's a WIP- he's almost done, but looking at the pics I gotta go back and change some things. He's a captain of an Imperial Slave Ship.

My whole expanse...I cannot see...