Author Topic: Sideshow Inclusive Edition  (Read 2523 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Sideshow Inclusive Edition
« on: June 2, 2006, 08:01 AM »
With next week's new 12" figure announcement, Sideshow is also going to have a new ordering system to go along with it.  You can read all the details at the link below:

Inclusive Ordering

So now there will be an exclusive version and an inclusive version.....thoughts??? :)
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Inclusive Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2006, 08:58 AM »
Well I think it just means that if you place your order within say a 2 hour period you get that figure.  I like that better than trying to beat collectors, for example, to a 2000 limited size.    Now we just have to beat a time instead of a number.  I think it's a great move personally. 

Undoubtedly they are trying to gear up for the Sith line where they know their edition sizes will be bought up very quickly.  Instead of trying to guess that amount they will base it off of a number of orders within a time period.  Of course the trick now will be getting your order through during their time window.  Whatever amount of time that will be? 

I take it as another shot at getting what you want.  Good move IMO. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2006, 05:12 PM »
So, if I understand correctly, it's just a better way of getting the exclusive versions, and the orders placed in that time window will determine the size of the exclusive edition?

If so, I think that's better than the way Sideshow used to roll.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2006, 05:30 PM »
I think its a good idea. Give us a time window, get in and then close the edition size att he end of the time, if is 500 so be it, if its 10,000, well that thats the way it has to go. Good idea.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Avgou

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2006, 01:42 AM »
I believe it's a time frame of a couple days to submit a pre-order, if I remember correctly...They take all the pre-orders and then from there the take the number ordered and produce them. 

Makes everyone get one who's not lazy...It's a good thing I'm not 3 days lazy!!!